All-Star 2017-2018 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Two coaches tweeted about athletes leaving their programs for another program. The difference between the two speakes volumes! One was positive, and knew the athlete was doing what they wanted. The other passive agressive and hurtful. I get it-you had a bond with this athlete and they left, but as an adult and gym owner you move on. Over and over we are told "It's a business, things like this happen" Both programs offer video tryouts and offer housing. Why is it ok when you do it, but when one of your athletes leaves a tweet storm ensues? I have been in this crazy cheer land for 11 years. This is not the first nor the last time this has happened. SMH.

The loyalty tweets make me laugh. Like are you turning away athletes from other gyms saying "no you need to be loyal to your gym, go back." I'm going to say No you're probably not saying that.

ETA: this a gerneral statement. Not directed at anyone in particular.

Last edited:
I saw a tweet from a coach saying that an owner recruited some athletes at Worlds. I think she had to prove her accusation or this will just turn out to be a lame and bitter accusation.

Another coach also said that moving to a new gym is equal to a selfish action.

I just lost respect for both of those coaches.

hmm... I'm neutral/center in this situation as I've never been in this situation before. Yes, I do think its a good thing that they can make this commitment/sacrifice. They have to leave there home and friends. But is it all worth it? You have to see the possibilities in this situation. What happens if you tryout for a good team that does and somehow they do very poor, loses MANY competitions, alot of your teammates are getting injured, and may not even be able to attend worlds that year. Was this all worth it to join? :confused:

Although, coaches should never complain. Coaches are your mentors on the team. There supposed to make you feel confident. They just can't do stuff like complaining on social media and making the athletes feel awkward/bad for there. You (coaches) don't complain when your athlete(s) age out of the division or gets injured and has to stay out of the rest of the season. Same thing for switching, you have to accept it and leave it at that. Yes it hurts, but seriously, theres alot of worse stuff that can happen in your life. Don't let one of your athletes affect you.

P.S. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude, I tried not to make it sound like it:p

I don't really do twitter so could someone fill me in on the tweets or point me to the right people? In general I have mixed feelings about moving long distances and constantly switching gyms but its really up to the individual

Omg- Kiara Nowlin is back in Cheer/ on Wildcats this season! Cool news!

Is this true??? I would dieee if it is. I know Gabi B. Posted they will be reunited but I my first tought it was Gabi will go to Baylor. So is Gabi cheering again at CA?

I don't see Maddie coming back. She looks so happy at her new job and being an adult. I think she finished with her cheer life

I'm clearly not following the "right" coaches, then. Because I haven't seen any of that nonsense. Or does this mean that I am following the right people? I'm super curious to know who the salty ones are, though.
I don't really do twitter so could someone fill me in on the tweets or point me to the right people? In general I have mixed feelings about moving long distances and constantly switching gyms but its really up to the individual

I saw screenshots retweeted from "cheer paparazzi" on twitter. Then you can kinda follow the accounts involved to read more tweets unless they're deleted by now.

Is this true??? I would dieee if it is. I know Gabi B. Posted they will be reunited but I my first tought it was Gabi will go to Baylor. So is Gabi cheering again at CA?

I don't see Maddie coming back. She looks so happy at her new job and being an adult. I think she finished with her cheer life
Kiara already graduated from Baylor. Gabi's ig said they'll be living together in Plano and she previously captioned her post "it's going to be a WILD year" before changing it.

Oh good grief at that drama. Thought it would've been from a different gym, but I'm still not surprised.
And some other drama/conspiracy theory people discussed on that account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 'AR is going to Cali/Wildcats/WCSS' conspiracy made me chuckle almost as much as the 'Avril Lavigne's dead and has been replaced with a lookalike' conspiracy.

Back