All-Star 25/75 Vs 50/50 Scoring Which Do You Prefer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2015
Simple question which do you prefer? 25/75 or 50/50? Day one you go out perform perfectly and have first place by .25 second place team has a .5 deduction day 2 you and the second place team both hit and the second place team leap frogs you and take first. I understand the math and a higher raw score. Is 25 percent day 1 score to forgiving? I say yes! I honestly prefer 50/50 and could tolerate 40/60. What other sport gives the other team a break because it's the first day game or match?

Last edited:
Simple question which do you prefer? 25/75 or 50/50? Day one you go out perform perfectly and have first place by .25 second place team has a .5 deduction day 2 you and the second place team both hit and the second place team leap frogs you and take first. I understand the math and a higher raw score. Is 25 percent day 1 score to forgiving? I say yes! I honestly prefer 50/50 and could tolerate 40/60. What other sport gots the other team a break because it's the first day game or match?
50/50 would make things interesting.

50/50. These are 2 day competitons and day 1 performance should not be less important then day 2 for rankings.

Also it makes it a more even playing ground. Day 1 might not of been Team A day but then they are hugely rewarded if day 2 was their day compared to Team B not being their day in day 2.

I think you should get to go two times, and they take the highest of the two scores :). Haha - I'm just kidding, but that would certianly make it interesting. Plus it would make for shorter competitions if teams opted to scratch one performance and just let their one performance be their only shot.

50/50 would be better if the two choices given.

I think you should get to go two times, and they take the highest of the two scores :). Haha - I'm just kidding, but that would certianly make it interesting. Plus it would make for shorter competitions if teams opted to scratch one performance and just let their one performance be their only shot.

50/50 would be better if the two choices given.
One competition did this, I'm blanking on which one it was. Battle at the Capital maybe? I don't remember now.

One competition did this, I'm blanking on which one it was. Battle at the Capital maybe? I don't remember now.

So say a team hit day one, then they go out day and put up their partner stunt and two fall off the bat, they could just stop the routine and say oh well, we'll just use our day one score. Thanks.
Here's food for thought.
I know this was discussed within the industry, Idk how in-depth.
Competitions that are 25/75 not necessarily being day 1: 25 and day 2: 75. The better of your two scores would be your 75.

I like that too. Somewhat rewards consistency, while at the same time giving you a break for a bad day.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes 25/75 better? It puts more pressure on that second performance. It's a TWO day competition, not a one day. Put emphasis on routine number TWO. You absolutely need to hit that second day. Seperate the weak from the strong.

Besides, 50/50 is such a safe way to play the game and it's boring. Atleast if you're unhappy with your day one placement, 75% on the second gives you so much more a chance to improve your placement and knock someone else down.

Back