All-Star 25/75 Vs 50/50 Scoring Which Do You Prefer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

40/60
it gives you a little bit for first day jitters, but still counts.

And BATC did used to pick the higher score of the 2 days. I kind of liked that too. It was different and made it interesting.

40/60

And BATC did used to pick the higher score of the 2 days. I kind of liked that too. It was different and made it interesting.

Did any teams just not perform on one of the two days because of that one score or the other rule being in place?

Oh, and just a side tangent, in some levels of gymnastics, that's how vault is - you do two vaults and only the highest scoring one is your score. You never really know which one. It helps, cause it's possible to completely bawk your vault and have to just to stop and not go over. I've seen girls have that happen on occasion but they are still okay cause they get a normal score w/ the other vault. I don't know if they do it that way for safety (so kids don't force themselves to do vaults they aren't confident in when something just feels off), or cause they figure vault is such a short event compared to the other 3 so why not give people a better chance and fill up some time - maybe it's a little of both ;).

My contention it's a 2 day competition why should day 2 be worth more than day one? Why should a mistake day one be worth less than the same mistake day 2. My guess there were complaints from numerous parent that their CP was already out of it day one which we know just isn't fair. It's my understanding Jam Brands are 50/50 someone said WSF used to be 40/60. My contention is you need to max out your raw score and hit both days.

I like rewarding consistency. Plus you can still jump places with 50/50. At America's Best we were in 6th day one, focused on technique issues day 2 (and not getting a safety infraction) and moved up to 4th. It's harder to move, but it should be hard to move! At least with 50/50 you can have a day with slight issues and somewhat recover. 25/75 only helps you recover if your off day is day 1 which I find silly. Why is day 2 worth more? I feel like that allows teams to be like "it's just day 1" whereas with 50/50 everyone puts out their best both days because they know it'll be harder to move up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It honestly doesn't matter when the "man behind the curtain" can randomly adjust the "raw scores" to come up with a result. There needs to be a specific black and white formula for that "raw score" or it's all just smoke and mirrors.
I'm sorry... I don't understand. The raw score is just your score without deductions. There's no formula like in gymnastics, so it's not really a conspiracy when scores change.

Am I the only one who likes 25/75 better? It puts more pressure on that second performance. It's a TWO day competition, not a one day. Put emphasis on routine number TWO. You absolutely need to hit that second day. Seperate the weak from the strong.

Besides, 50/50 is such a safe way to play the game and it's boring. Atleast if you're unhappy with your day one placement, 75% on the second gives you so much more a chance to improve your placement and knock someone else down.

How is 50/50? Safe being that u put out 2 days worth of routines? Peoe wjere aling comments about a number of hits - wouldn't u rather see more HITS consistently?

It honestly doesn't matter when the "man behind the curtain" can randomly adjust the "raw scores" to come up with a result. There needs to be a specific black and white formula for that "raw score" or it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Are you saying it's fixed? Why so jaded? Does anyone know if EP go to the trouble to bring in judges from out of the area? ie event is in the Midwest do they fly judges in from east coast west coast, south?

40/60

jiyters? U know u r going to a competition - esp big comps like cheer sport NCA and so in. Jitters is for one day comps.

Am I the only one who likes 25/75 better? It puts more pressure on that second performance. It's a TWO day competition, not a one day. Put emphasis on routine number TWO. You absolutely need to hit that second day. Seperate the weak from the strong.

Besides, 50/50 is such a safe way to play the game and it's boring. Atleast if you're unhappy with your day one placement, 75% on the second gives you so much more a chance to improve your placement and knock someone else down.

Sorry I believe that the weaker teams can't hit 2 days in a row. Anybody can hit once and be lucky.

I'm sorry... I don't understand. The raw score is just your score without deductions. There's no formula like in gymnastics, so it's not really a conspiracy when scores change.

It is a conspiracy when u have subjective components such as stunt pyramid and overall routine choreo.. That is scored based on what is appeasing to the eye to particular judges n could be the deciding factor of the winner.

Latest posts

Back