All-Star 3 Major Changes To Address 3 Major Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly cheerleading is not that expensive compared to other allstar spots. And lots of people opened gyms who shouldnt have and failed when the economy got tough. While Rays has gotten bigger last year I can say most gyms did not.
Oh hahahaha, this post made me literally lol! All-Star cheerleading is expensive, depending on what gym your cp attend whether it's a major gym or a small gym, take into consideration that most parents or athletes have to pay for:
1. Tuition
2. USASF Membership fee
3. Competition Fees
4. Competition Admission fee
5. Uniforms
6. Practice Outfits
7. Shoes
8. Airline Tickets
9. Hotel Reservations
10. Team Dinners
11. Food to have while at comps.
12. Tumbling Classes
13. Stunting Classes
14. Attending Required camps
15. Bows
16. Car retental services
etc. etc.
The last time I checked, this sport wasn't cheap.

Oh hahahaha, this post made me literally lol! All-Star cheerleading is expensive, depending on what gym your cp attend whether it's a major gym or a small gym, take into consideration that most parents or athletes have to pay for:
1. Tuition
2. USASF Membership fee
3. Competition Fees
4. Competition Admission fee
5. Uniforms
6. Practice Outfits
7. Shoes
8. Airline Tickets
9. Hotel Reservations
10. Team Dinners
11. Food to have while at comps.
12. Tumbling Classes
13. Stunting Classes
14. Attending Required camps
15. Bows
16. Car retental services
etc. etc.
The last time I checked, this sport wasn't cheap.

Our average all-star cost for a season is around 3,000. I never said it was cheap. But Knowing that in our area you can spend around 10,000 for travel ball prices can climb easily and eclipse cheer. the point was cheer isn't THE most expensive sport. If you fly to every competition it is, but that isn't ultra common.

Our average all-star cost for a season is around 3,000. I never said it was cheap. But Knowing that in our area you can spend around 10,000 for travel ball prices can climb easily and eclipse cheer. the point was cheer isn't THE most expensive sport. If you fly to every competition it is, but that isn't ultra common.
3000??? My dad swears each out of town comp ends up totalling 1000.... Or he is overexxaderating.

3000??? My dad swears each out of town comp ends up totalling 1000.... Or he is overexxaderating.

that is per athlete. people like to bring their families and make vacations of out of town competitions.

There are lots of skills that are difficult to teach. If a coach doesn't feel capable of teaching it they shouldn't. But don't limit the ones that can...

There are way more catastrophic injuries from stunts, collisions and from back tucks. So these full rules are ridiculous!
The one thing I am realizing from all of these discussions and kingston, is that the GYMs, the USASF and the EP's DO NOT WANT TO IMPLEMENT A RIGOROUS TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION SYSTEMS BECAUSE THEY SAY THEIR IS NO MONEY FOR IT!! (and I'm sure it will also be more work and headaches for everyone.) So, They immediately discard this as a real solution!!
I think it could easily be self funding and end up being nominal to the parents in the end. I think this would be one extra charge that we would all be willing to pay if we knew that it would guarantee that all of our coaches and gyms were strictly, level certified to certain levels. I can't see it costing more than $25-35 extra per athletes, per gym! Make the gyms be certified to compete before their teams can come to the competitions.
Sadly, the only way I see the gyms etc... going for this is if the parents demand it and I don't think we are organized enough to make that happen. I think It will sadly have to take a truly devastating event for that to change.
On a different issue people are discussing:
Also, less nationals will make them more prestigious and will refocus on gyms that can't go to worlds because of not having a 5 team. NCA Nationals Dallas should be the "Worlds" for the other levels but that seems to have lost some of the luster lately. Having less nationals would mean less money too so I don't think they will go for that either.
I don't like to be negative but I think the true motivations for these rule changes are NOT really safety at all. Everything is so secretive and on the sly that I can't help but to think, that in the end, it is probably greed disguised in good business sense, wrapped in the facade of reducing injuries. Hope I'm wrong! The fact that there are way more catastrophic injuries from stunts and collisions and that there were no changes in those areas, is why no one is falling for this!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read through all of this but ..Credentialing coaches would be a step in the right direction for sure! I know of several smaller gyms that have "coaches" teaching tumbling that have no business coaching a class, let alone a team! Even some owners of gyms aren't even qualified to coach... But they are! This is how injuries happen and honestly they make our sport look bad! IMO ;)

The barrier to entry for gym owners is very low in consideration. A few thousand bucks and anyone can open a gym. And cheerleading is nowhere near market saturation so bad coaches / gym owners still get customers. The barrier to entry should be higher.

Dear bad cheer ho, there is mucho money in bad cheerleading so just stick to teaching BWO and BHS and leave the rest to the qualified coaches. I honestly would much rather a gym with majority rec / level 1 / level 2 kids than level 4 and 5 because there is more $$$ and less head ache involved. Beginner tumbling classes are the best. Majority of the time the kids are just happy to learn anything new. Everyone has a niche, and yours might be to have a gym that supports lower levels only. Get over it! There is $$$ in it. So put your ego a side and pick up yo pay check!!!

The barrier to entry for gym owners is very low in consideration. A few thousand bucks and anyone can open a gym. And cheerleading is nowhere near market saturation so bad coaches / gym owners still get customers. The barrier to entry should be higher.

Dear bad cheer ho, there is mucho money in bad cheerleading so just stick to teaching BWO and BHS and leave the rest to the qualified coaches. I honestly would much rather a gym with majority rec / level 1 / level 2 kids than level 4 and 5 because there is more $$$ and less head ache involved. Beginner tumbling classes are the best. Majority of the time the kids are just happy to learn anything new. Everyone has a niche, and yours might be to have a gym that supports lower levels only. Get over it! There is $$$ in it. So put your ego a side and pick up yo pay check!!!
Love it!! So true though!!

That's my favorite line.

that is per athlete. people like to bring their families and make vacations of out of town competitions.
I kind of winced when I read this. I never really considered sitting in a competition/venue for two days as a 'vacation' - even though it did use up all of my vacation time at work. ;) We felt we needed to be there both to show support for our family member and because I didn't necessarily want her traveling without one of us.

I would say that even though most of the time I was the only person traveling with Jac, the cost was rarely below $1000 for just the weekend event - and most often was quite a bit more than that. And that included competitions within driving distance but far enough where a hotel stay was required. Scheduling almost always required at least a two night stay.

Which all star sports do you think are more expensive than cheerleading? Soccer or baseball? Nope. Basketball, could be but not usually. Cheerleading was the most expensive club/allstar sport my family paid for by far. Though, it definitely depends on where you live and which team you're on..
hockey

Club soccer - depending on what level/Club you play for and on what league your state plays in can be quite expensive. Some state leagues travel as much as cheer and do alot of tournaments - then there are ODP teams and Super Y teams along with your club team. A few pair of "sweet" cleats as my son likes to say can make what we pay for nfinities seem cheap :) There can be private training costs also...and then there are camps etc....a typical sleep away soccer camp for 3-4 days in the summer cost about $500.00 Any high level youth sport that travels can be just as expensive as cheer...sometimes more. I agree cheer is expensive, but so is alot of other youth sports, depending on the level of involvement.

Back