All-Star Age Changes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"extra small team can compete as a small for bids" I was told yes. The only way to compete for a bid is to compete up as small. Sort of how D2 gyms can compete up for a D1 bid if they choose to.
So, for them to even earn a Worlds Bid they have to compete as small at competitions, what is the point of the xsmall division? I can't imagine too many Senior 5 teams competing as xsmall if they can't earn a Worlds Bid..

Copying from my other post since it's being discussed in this thread, too.

X-Small All Girl and X-Small Coed have now been added as Worlds divisions.
A program can't have both and this must be their only Worlds team.

A program can have a team with 14 or less compete in small senior/coed and have other Worlds teams.

Here's the link
The Cheerleading Worlds | New Opportunities for Programs

A program can have a team with 14 or less compete in small senior/coed and have other Worlds teams.

Here's the link

Oops!!! Of course I post right before changes are released. Thank you!!!!

Here's the link
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...grams.html?soid=1102268112766&aid=tmSliwVi9Zk

Geez, I make a correct post, and leave for two hours and suddenly I am wrong. Thanks USASF for making me look dumb. It is like they waited for me to post lol

Last edited:
so it's like adding a D2 division without calling it a D2 division? I like the stipulations because I could see a few large gyms abusing it... and I like it as a division for regular season competitions. But if a division has that many stipulations should they really be at the *WORLD* championship?

so it's like adding a D2 division without calling it a D2 division? I like the stipulations because I could see a few large gyms abusing it... and I like it as a division for regular season competitions. But if a division has that many stipulations should they really be at the *WORLD* championship?

There are only 3 stipulations making it so most D1 gyms won't want to compete in that category. How does that make them not "worlds" worthy?

A lot of big gyms stack their world's teams with the best athletes from across the country sometimes. A D2 gym can't compete with that. Based on your comment you seem to think that D2 gyms shouldn't be welcome at worlds until they are a mega gym.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes it should. If a gym with one worlds team can win a bid in this division, they deserve to compete. We have a local gym with a team of 9 that will compete in this division. They have been R5 up to this point, have AMAZING stunts, and half the team can throw multiple doubles in a routine. They haven't competed in a worlds division because it would have been to difficult to be competitive in small senior with their size ( the typically have 10-12 level 5 athletes).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are only 3 stipulations making it so most D1 gyms won't want to compete in that category. How does that make them not "worlds" worthy?

A lot of big gyms stack their world's teams with the best athletes from across the country sometimes. A D2 gym can't compete with that. Based on your comment you seem to think that D2 gyms shouldn't be welcome at worlds until they are a mega gym.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did not say a D2 gym should not be welcome at worlds... :rolleyes:

The point of a world championship is for the best team in the world to win, correct? Previously, your gym could enter a team in any division they decided on and compete and the best team would win. If USASF is preventing teams from entering the division, I no longer find it nearly as prestigious. That's my own opinion.

If I were to run the stats of Worlds 2017, I'd say the majority of teams, if not all teams, that meet the less than 14 team members, only worlds team for the gym, criteria in Small Senior/Coed didn't make it out of prelims and were scoring lower than should be acceptable at a World Championship. Now crown one of those teams a World Champion and tell me how that's equal to the other divisions?

Maybe more gyms with a SS/SC team will make some cuts and stack the team and it will be an awesome division to watch... but I've never been pro adding even more divisions and adding them with stipulations is definitely not my cup of tea.

I did not say a D2 gym should not be welcome at worlds... :rolleyes:

The point of a world championship is for the best team in the world to win, correct? Previously, your gym could enter a team in any division they decided on and compete and the best team would win. If USASF is preventing teams from entering the division, I no longer find it nearly as prestigious. That's my own opinion.

If I were to run the stats of Worlds 2017, I'd say the majority of teams, if not all teams, that meet the less than 14 team members, only worlds team for the gym, criteria in Small Senior/Coed didn't make it out of prelims and were scoring lower than should be acceptable at a World Championship. Now crown one of those teams a World Champion and tell me how that's equal to the other divisions?

Maybe more gyms with a SS/SC team will make some cuts and stack the team and it will be an awesome division to watch... but I've never been pro adding even more divisions and adding them with stipulations is definitely not my cup of tea.

I am going to say this and then shut my mouth on it.

Small gyms shouldn't have to compete against gyms with 400 kids, ever. You don't make a High school with 400 kids play football against a high school with 4000, because it isn't a level playing field. Everyone knows the small school is going to get blown out of the water because the big school has more money, more resources, and a bigger talent pool. Why it that expected, but it's somehow taboo in cheer?

Worlds has NEVER been a level playing field for small gyms. They take one step towards creating some sort of chance for a small gym to be competitive, and people immediately start trashing it because it means a globe might go to someone other than a mega gym. I think this is a step in the right direction. It will allow smaller gyms to retain high level athletes, rather than lose them to big programs, and it think THAT is why some people have a problem with it. Talent just might stay with the small gym that got them there rather drive 2 hours or more to a mega gym. Mega gym just might have to cut the number of teams they are fielding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back