All-Star All Star Mom & Dating

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kris- I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I must say, my daughters cheer career has been the demise of most relationships, and at the end of the day, if they don't like it, they can hit the high road! My kids will always come first!

Feel free to PM me! Im sure we are not the only two in this boat!

Kris- I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I must say, my daughters cheer career has been the demise of most relationships, and at the end of the day, if they don't like it, they can hit the high road! My kids will always come first!

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes this topic hits home!!! I'm a single mom of both my girls and dateing is not an option lol! With both my girls on 4 seperate nights of the week it just doesn't allow me to have "fair" time to devote to anyone else!!

A single cheer parent website would be great! Lol dads who understand the time commitment this sport takes!! Oooo that would definitly be nice!

"A single cheer parent website would be great! Lol dads who understand the time commitment this sport takes!! Oooo that would definitly be nice!"

I am all for it.
I do wonder what the ratio would look like: would it be 20 single cheer moms for every 1 single cheer dad! LOL :)

I wish there was a way to meet single dads who have daughters involved in all star cheer & are supportive of it. I am a single Mom of 3 kids. Both of daughters love all star cheer & have a passion for it. My son loves soccer & boys gymnastics. The guys I have meet & went out with all seem to disapprove of all star cheer. :( They think I (me & my girls) put to much of our money, time, & energy into it. I admit my girls are at the gym 4 times a week & they live cheer because they love it. I happen to also love it. So, it is a win win situation to me. My last boyfriend told me he was ready to start talking about marriage, but wanted me to agree to take my girls out of cheer and just let them take a dance class once a week. Needless to say, we are no longer together. I am so frustrated! Any advice or suggestions?

If I was a single mom, and if @SharkDad wasnt married.... Id go after him. Beware though - He does bite.

Feel free to PM me! Im sure we are not the only two in this boat!

Nope, definitely not the only 2! I've given up I think. Cheer has definitely been a major road block for my relationships. I think it's partly the stereotypes of cheerleading. And a large part of it is the money. I pay for it all myself, and I'm not looking for any help with it, but I think most men are a little put off by ANYTHING that takes such a large percentage of someone's income. I would love to find a guy that was just supportive of it - he doesn't even have to GO, just someone who can make it through life without having something smart to say about it.

I am very upfront about it though like @The Sixth said. I always make it clear that this is our life, and it's not changing anytime soon.

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one going through this. I was starting to think I was the only single cheer mom out there!

If I was a single mom, and if @SharkDad wasnt married.... Id go after him. Beware though - He does bite.

Sharkmomma knows about us already so we have to keep it cool now. . .but somehow I can't get any good visuals from picturing you as a single mom. I've already see you in spankies.

Seriously though, if I started a single parents discussion forum on www.CheerParentsonline.com (that way it is mainly parents on the board), would you all want to go over there?

Sharkmomma knows about us already so we have to keep it cool now. . .but somehow I can't get any good visuals from picturing you as a single mom. I've already see you in spankies.

Seriously though, if I started a single parents discussion forum on www.CheerParentsonline.com (that way it is mainly parents on the board), would you all want to go over there?

Yes yes yes.

Oh btw...thanks for the link. Never even knew there was a such thing as cheerparentsonline. Because i really need something else to distract me at work.

Yes Sharkdad I believe a lot of us would go there. It is difficult being a single cheer mom and the support from other single cheer parents might be very helpful.

Hey I'm a single cheer mom! I don't find it that hard to date or really find any people who are against it! Maybe my age though makes it easier because I usually attract or talk to young boys! Haha I mean they are of age but still young like 20. So maybe If any of y'all like 20year olds then that might be an option. As I get older it will probably be a little harder but with me being 23 I find more friends (like girls) that always make smart remarks of how much I pay and how I waste my money. I haven't had any man present that as a concern to me in our relationship.
I wish all of y'all good luck!

However if a certain cheer dad on here was single I'd be all over it. I would move and everything to be together and my CP could cheer there. But I'll just keep my desire too myself as he isn't single but he is definitely a catch as far as cheer dads go :).

Hey, i think any support, thoughts, tips us single cheer parents can share with each other ~ is mos def a good thing!
p.s. I'm already a Cheer Cougar!! LOL

I'm single too!!! :-D i dunno...i've kinda gotten used to it. Of the few guys that I have dated, all of them have been supportive though :). However, I think the time commitment might have been the reason why the relationships didn't work. I only have 1 cheering too! couldn't imagine if my boys were doing it too. My life will be 100% consumed by August when my sons start football....lord help me.

I think it would be a great idea. I know there are issues, outside of dating, that are unique to the single parent experience. I've been with my boyfriend for a while now and live with him, but there are still somethings in regards to my daughter that I am still very much "single."

Back