All-Star All Star Mom & Dating

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow. I was going to just leave that alone (especially the part about living through their kids...rude much???) but I don't think she wanted anyone to help her find a date. I think she was looking for people who could relate to what she is going through and to know she is not alone. Which she clearly found...so maybe not so strange. If you didn't like the topic you are free to just skip it and go on to the next one.

Yeah, I was just looking for advice. A date with a cheer Dad would be an unexpected bonus! LOL

Am I the only one that thinks this is a strange post? there are plenty of other sites to post on, many parents already come on here and live through their kids and know we are supposed to help you find a date? Please.

EVERYONE READS! But they DON'T have to post.........
Unfortunately, we're not living through our kids, we're living with them and FOR them. The sacrifices that we parents do for our kids to compete in AllStar is huge.....2nd jobs, mucho overtime, strained relationships (hence this thread), driving hours upon hours, spending 8 hours in an arena for 2 minutes and 30 seconds...etc. Its a little hard to find time to actually have an adult life while spending most of your waking time figuring out how you can fit it all in. Its actually nice to hear the struggles of other cheer parents. Don't like it? Don't read it, don't post. Problem solved for you.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a strange post? there are plenty of other sites to post on, many parents already come on here and live through their kids and know we are supposed to help you find a date? Please.

Last time i checked...my cp was NOT kicking and screaming when it was time for tumble practice, when it was time for stunt clinic, when it was time to get up and put her uniform on and do her makeup and hair, when it was time for awards, when it was time to try on her champion jacket, when we had our team parties. So...i'd say this is score "0" (zero) for your rant. No one is living vicariously through their child. As panacea said, we're living FOR them.

It's good to hear from other's who have lost relationship's due to the kids cheerleading schedules. My ex boyfriend's thought i was being funny when I told them that after Christmas I won't have time for them until May. They just couldn't understand that i was serious. I have since learned that boyfriend season is from May until about November...that's it.

" I have since learned that boyfriend season is from May until about November...that's it. "

LOL

I am clearly not a parent at all...but seriously, who wouldn't want to date a cheer mom?! :) They're awesome! I definitely understand when it comes to men not really "understanding" the all star cheer world..it is time and money consuming, but like a lot of you have said-it's what your kids love so why not let them do it and treat it as if they were playing football and lacrosse? I'm sure it is difficult finding a man who is willing to accept the fact that all star cheer is a big part of you and your kids and no man should ever change that! Don't lose hope :) Who knows, maybe the all star cheer hater will learn to love all star cheer and become a fierce cheer dad like @shark dad @newcheerdad @ACEDAD and so many other wonderful cheer dads!

No one made you read. And now that you have, you are more than welcome to completely ignore the thread (speaking of which @kingston is it possible to choose to ignore a thread?).

I'm just looking for the support group for cheer dads who sit in the parents' area watching their kids practice and feeling a little awkward that they're the only male in the room. :)

I'm with you there, but this past year I had another dad on one 4 nights i was there. hopefully our schedules will work out again.

I'm just looking for the support group for cheer dads who sit in the parents' area watching their kids practice and feeling a little awkward that they're the only male in the room. :)

I had that for a while, then you get to know everyone and other dads eventually show up. They're there, just may not have matched your schedule yet. I'm friends with some now and a few gym newbies come up and ask me questions. There are more than a handful that come in and plug in headphones or pull out a book cause they would rather not be there.

I am sure you'll find your place.

No one made you read. And now that you have, you are more than welcome to completely ignore the thread (speaking of which @kingston is it possible to choose to ignore a thread?).

want to ignore it just use will-power and ignore. should you open the link and decide then to ignore it then don't reply and you won't be notified of any new posts. I choose to ignore many posts and never get a notification of any new comments. works wonders.

EVERYONE READS! But they DON'T have to post.........
Unfortunately, we're not living through our kids, we're living with them and FOR them. The sacrifices that we parents do for our kids to compete in AllStar is huge.....2nd jobs, mucho overtime, strained relationships (hence this thread), driving hours upon hours, spending 8 hours in an arena for 2 minutes and 30 seconds...etc. Its a little hard to find time to actually have an adult life while spending most of your waking time figuring out how you can fit it all in. Its actually nice to hear the struggles of other cheer parents. Don't like it? Don't read it, don't post. Problem solved for you.

I can not put into words how much I like this. I think this is what this whole thread boils down to...the sacrifices we make are just hard for people who aren't doing it to understand. No one understands working overtime, second jobs, driving 2 hours each way to practice, etc. ...except other cheer parents. I don't consider the things I do living through my kids. I consider it living for them. Everything I do is so that they can maybe have this one thing they love for just a little bit longer.

Back