All-Star All Star Mom & Dating

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Um...well this is an odd thread... but that being said... any man (or woman for single cheer dads) that disapproves of a child participating in a sport regardless of the chosen sport is clearly not a winner. I don't really know where you go to meet men....interested in cheer.... I would suggest you keep investing in eharmony, match.com, okcupid etc....join speed dating groups...join organizations/groups/develop a hobby that youre intested in and may also attract single men (outside of cheerleading).

Become a cougar....

or just focus on your kids and let love find you.

Love this part. My fiancee is 26 and I'm 37. He has a love/hate relationship with cp's cheer BUT he goes to every comp he can, he even made a shirt with the team name on the front and "security" on the back, and he made a matching one for my son. He doesn't care for the outfits but he knows that my daughter loves it, she has fun doing it, and has much closer relationships with her teammates than her school friends so it's good for her. I didn't meet him at her gym and I sure as heck hadn't planned on things getting serious when we met but they did. Cp's Dad hates cheer and we've gone rounds over it in court but that is a ridiculously long drama filled post for another time. Best of luck to you, you will find someone supportive, and we do have at least one single dad at our gym and I've know him since we were kids lol. Maybe I should start a "cheer parent" dating service

YES @FamousRudags we need a gay coaches dating forum lol..... I broke up with my last girlfriend because she was "ok with sitting in the car" instead of coming into the competition- REALLY!? smh

For any single mom who can't find someone who understands cheer enough to date them, it's simple, go for the good looking young coach :)

PS not to hijack but are there moms dads or even people with no kids out there who have managed to find and/or keep a relationship with the crazy schedules? It seems like it's impossible for me sometimes when the minimum I work is 55 hours a week with some weeks nearing 70 between coaching and my day job. It pretty much ruined a five year relationship where we had been close to marrying. Any advice?

Dating during cheer season = near impossible for me....heck my girlfriends and I has to bust out the calendars to try and make a girls date and we have to wait til June lol. I think we all need to get lucky, hit the lottery and then get some free time....wishful thinking ;)

I think dating a cheer coach, cheer parent, someone in the cheer world would make things easier. They would at least understand when everything gets crazy. You would both be in the same situation & could relate to each other.

Dad hates cheer and we've gone rounds over it in court but that is a ridiculously long drama filled post for another time.

so glad to know I'm not the only one who has gone round after round over cheer in court :confused: By the end I actually got the Judge to start saying.. "well.... except for cheer" :)

so glad to know I'm not the only one who has gone round after round over cheer in court :confused: By the end I actually got the Judge to start saying.. "well.... except for cheer" :)
I went round and round and still lost. No money for cheer or college. The only money I could get was for dental work and braces. Ugh.....he had so much extra money, he bought a boat for himself and watched me struggle to maintain the kids lifestyle's. By the way, I did maintain their lifestyle's, didn't miss a beat...except we didn't eat! We do need another thread on this subject, maybe some of us have insight on how to get a judge to rule in our favor and except that cheerleading isn't just an activity but a lifestyle that should be maintained.

Ours too. We had a GAL involved and he was furious over some things cheer related that she wasn't allowed to attend.

I went round and round and still lost. No money for cheer or college. The only money I could get was for dental work and braces. Ugh.....he had so much extra money, he bought a boat for himself and watched me struggle to maintain the kids lifestyle's. By the way, I did maintain their lifestyle's, didn't miss a beat...except we didn't eat! We do need another thread on this subject, maybe some of us have insight on how to get a judge to rule in our favor and except that cheerleading isn't just an activity but a lifestyle that should be maintained.

I didn't even want money, I wanted him to take her to practice(less than a mile from his apt) and be flexible about comp weekends, as in, switch them out. She missed half her practices on his time. That stinks your ex is a jerk, I'm with you on the thread.

I married a single mom with two cheerleaders in our program. :)
I had to re read because I read this as "I'm a married single mom with two cheerleaders":oops: I think I need a nap

I actually presented a calendar with every practice, fitting,camp and competition for the last 4 years prior so the courts could see this was not a new activity for the CP's and it was a lifestyle for the CP's (I think this is what swayed the Judge in my favor). The judge didn't award me much in the way $$, but my win came in the form of cheer related activities take priority over visits with dad.

I actually presented a calendar with every practice, fitting,camp and competition for the last 4 years prior so the courts could see this was not a new activity for the CP's and it was a lifestyle for the CP's (I think this is what swayed the Judge in my favor). The judge didn't award me much in the way $$, but my win came in the form of cheer related activities take priority over visits with dad.

I lucked out in that I have full pysical custody, he only has limited visitation and it cannot conflict with her schedule. The downside is I have full physical custody and I NEVER get a break. No extra money but at least he can't prevent her from going to practice and comps.

I lucked out in that I have full pysical custody, he only has limited visitation and it cannot conflict with her schedule. The downside is I have full physical custody and I NEVER get a break. No extra money but at least he can't prevent her from going to practice and comps.
lol. Sounds like we had the same divorce :D. I too have full physical custody and he only has very limited visitations. I understand the NO break's what's so ever. Money?? what's money??? I hear money is very overrated (I have Three CP's) :help:

I married a single mom with two cheerleaders in our program. :)

if you somehow believed in multiple marriages, you could get plenty of offers right now. . .

NOTE: I am not condoning or endorsing multiple marriages nor judging anyone else's beliefs, orientation, religious preference, affiliations (basically any way you might get offended by this post)

if you somehow believed in multiple marriages, you could get plenty of offers right now. . .

NOTE: I am not condoning or endorsing multiple marriages nor judging anyone else's beliefs, orientation, religious preference, affiliations (basically any way you might get offended by this post)

I think I need to put a similar disclaimer on every one of my posts. Kind of like the Sorry-You're-Offended-Miranda-Warning.

Back