All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not at all. IMO if you act like a duck and quack like a duck people are gonna call you a duck..insert "cheater" for the word duck.:)
No sorry I DO blame them. What Rockstar did was perfectly legally. Regardless of if you agree with their decision to take those kids at that level they will respect others win or lose as should everyone else. You want to talk about ethics and morals why should that be exempt from sportsmanship situations.

You can point the fingers at the coaches but the kids that are above level 2 are just as at fault as well. I watched the video of both the top 2 teams and I was surprised at how sharp this level 2 team was... And it was put together for the "experience?" this team was put together to get an NCA win guarantee. That was the mindset. And it shows in their performance. it wasn't just clean, it was extraordinarily clean, too clean for a full year level 2 team. This is MY OPINION, and I stand firmly behind it.

You can point the fingers at the coaches but the kids that are above level 2 are just as at fault as well. I watched the video of both the top 2 teams and I was surprised at how sharp this level 2 team was... And it was put together for the "experience?" this team was put together to get an NCA win guarantee. That was the mindset. And it shows in their performance. it wasn't just clean, it was extraordinarily clean, too clean for a full year level 2 team. This is MY OPINION, and I stand firmly behind it.
Well sir, they made that team in late December. Rockstar as an entire program is known to be clean so I would expect nothing less. You know what irks me is a lot of people just throw out statements. A lot of you people have no idea what's like to be a coach or an owner of a program...your not going to please everyone. You do whats best for YOUR program, it's not going to please all. I still stand behind their decision, it was a good one for their program. I have no reason to defend them, I know they are one of the most respectable programs in the business.

I usually give teams the benefit of the doubt, but when I think of all those athletes who have worked hard all year AT JUNIOR 2, and for someone who is lvl 3,4,5 to come by and steal away their glory, I just wanna cry for them.
I wish I were wealthy. I would buy both of those second place teams from Cheersport and NCA an official jacket...and have it embroidered with "The REAL winners". I am just flat out disgusted and more than a little heartsick for the integrity of your sport.

As I walked around the Convention Center this afternoon/evening, every jacket I saw I looked to see if the cheerleader had a Rockstar uniform underneath or if I was seeing a true champion. I don't think people are going to forget. I hope it was worth it. I have zero respect for that program. And I have no doubt they couldn't care less what any of us think - that much is obvious.

I also pity the Rockstar cheerleaders that weren't part of this deceit. They have to bear the burden too, since they wear the uniform and most people don't know which individuals were actually a part of this sham.

I don't care if what they did was legal, what they did was wrong. Sure those athletes shouldn't have done what they did by pointing and calling them cheaters, but just like people who stand up for those who celebrate early, it was the heat of the moment. I can't say I blame them because I probably would have done the same thing. Sure that makes me sound horrible, but I am truly disgusted by what was done. It makes it hard to ever cheer for the gym ever again. It's ok though because they are the ones that are going to have to deal with the backlash of their "experience".

I am more than a little confused right now. Sandbagging and what Rockstar did is so very very wrong on many different levels but suggesting we should look the other way when little kids point and yell cheaters is wrong too. Loosing gracefully is one of the skills I really hope my child leaves with when she is done with her cheer years. Under the worst of circumstances it is not ok to yell cheater or be a poor sport.

I don't care if what they did was legal, what they did was wrong. Sure those athletes shouldn't have done what they did by pointing and calling them cheaters, but just like people who stand up for those who celebrate early, it was the heat of the moment. I can't say I blame them because I probably would have done the same thing. Sure that makes me sound horrible, but I am truly disgusted by what was done. It makes it hard to ever cheer for the gym ever again. It's ok though because they are the ones that are going to have to deal with the backlash of their "experience".
Celebrating a win early and standing up and pointing at a team and saying cheaters are hardly relate-able. I guess you all live in a world where one wrong makes a right. :rolleyes:

I am more than a little confused right now. Sandbagging and what Rockstar did is so very very wrong on many different levels but suggesting we should look the other way when little kids point and yell cheaters is wrong too. Loosing gracefully is one of the skills I really hope my child leaves with when she is done with her cheer years. Under the worst of circumstances it is not ok to yell cheater or be a poor sport.
The silence is deafening and disappointing...

Celebrating a win early and standing up and pointing at a team and saying cheaters are hardly relate-able. I guess you all live in a world where one wrong makes a right. :rolleyes:

People have said that they shouldn't have done what they did, how does that mean one wrong makes a right? Even if we don't blame them for doing it we still don't think it was right. Even if I did it myself I know would I was wrong.

People have said that they shouldn't have done what they did, how does that mean one wrong makes a right? Even if we don't blame them for doing it we still don't think it was right. Even if I did it myself I know would I was wrong.
I've already given my input on the situation. I'm saying that you think what they did is wrong yet you're okay with another team pointing to them at awards and saying cheaters. That's what I meant by that statement.

I agree, no finger pointing should have been done, whether at coaches or athletes. What's done is done. A jacket is a jacket and a trophy is a trophy. At the end of the day neither of those will overshadow the tarnished reputation the owner/coaches of the program have created for their gym, in what is a rather unforgiving industry. I may offend with my next comment, but it isn't cheating, its just trashy. You can call it "for the experience" all you want. At the end of the day it was an underhanded move, and I think the negative opinions and mud slinging the owner and coaches will receive for quite a while is very well deserved in this case. Kudos to those two second place teams. If anything your hard work shines through even more now as we all realize how badly you were robbed.

I am so confused by this thread. I've read thru all the posts and need some clarification. The innuendos drive me crazy. So were there 2 teams that "sandbagged" a division as you all say and athletes who lost to a "sandbagging" team calling them out as cheaters at awards?

Who did what?

Back