All-Star American Nw - Portland, Or [12/3-12/4]

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does this comp look smaller than last year to you guys as well? Looking forward to this weekend but SO nervous!!

I see some new teams that didn't come last year and it looks like some gyms that did come last year have less teams coming this year? I think there were more CCS teams. My guess is that it is about the same size give or take a few.... I counted 109 teams for Saturday.

I'm surprised by the number of Bay Area teams!

Also, I see 1 dance team, and there are 5 dance summit bids including a full paid :deathdrop:

Lots of WC in NorCal, but not enough AL & FP so people are willing to travel. Probably smarter to travel as early as possible in the season, too, so you can plan any Florida trips as early as possible. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have multiple locations, but I hear that particular location has 40 or so athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New rules say multiple locations makes them D1 if the total of all locations is over the threshold. If they are under I am surprised, I remember them as being a powerhouse gym (no pun intended!).

Just looking at the bids from this comp. Is POWER really a small gym? They took 4 of the 5 D2 bids.

Their teams were extremely small so I would definitely believe that they only have 40 or less athletes.

Looking at the D2 requirements, it appears there is a clause that would allow a gym with multiple locations to attend -_-

NEW THIS YEAR- Single location D2 programs are the ONLY teams eligible for D2 Summit bids. Gyms must be of Division II size (125 athletes or less) when they receive a D2 Summit bid and MUST remain a D2 size gym when they arrive at the D2 Summit. Once a program goes above 125 athletes they will have to release their D2 bid, if they have one, and will not be eligible for D2 bids the remainder of the season.

Definition of multiple location
  • Share a tax ID
  • Share an owner
  • Have a franchising/liscending agreement with another gym
  • Have similar enough name OR branding it would confuse the consumer as to being part of a bigger gym
  • Share family plan or use multiple locations to meet family plan
  • If there is any possible confusion it is on the owners of the locations to prove to Varsity and the customers they are not a multi-location gym

Exception: The only multi location programs that are eligible to compete at the D2 Summit can not have more than 125 athletes total between all locations and meet the USASF requirement for a D2 program.

So they must have less than 125 athletes across all 3 locations

Back