All-Star Anyone Else Notice Alot Of 12 Year Old Flyers On The Floor?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The response to sharkdad was not debating the restricted division at all it was saying that it is still a level 5 team as hes previously stated it was not considered level 5. This has nothing to do with the worlds division at all. Its still level 5 beacuse they are doing level five skills, just not a worlds level 5 team. For the record im not bent out of shape about it at all, I myself coach a SR5 team!
Sorry if I misunderstood

I'm so over people complaining about small flyers, is it because you feel threatened because you can't compete with it. My daughter is very small and just like me she will always be little. She is a tumbler and a flyer and she is BEAST!!! Those of you who don't like or care for small flyers in the air that is your problem deal with it or go find a way to shrink!

@Ashay I understand your position that your SR5 team can accomplish as much as some Level 5 teams do. I am indifferent either way, but the point is that your team can't accomplish all level 5 skills because it is in a restricted division. That makes them different from other level 5 teams. It's not about the Worlds title, it's about not being allowed to do all the same stuff. I hope you don't think I have any less respect for them, it is what it is.

I wish we could simplify everything that has been said so far with the following 2 statements:

1. It's more impressive to base a larger flyer
2. No one likes a team that picks a smaller flyer just to make it easier or hit a harder skill when they could have used another flyer with those skills as well'

Besides that if I don't know the reason why a team picked their athletes (death in the family, broken leg, it's a small gym, whatever) then I choose to respect their decision and enjoy the skill that their team works hard at putting into a routine. When they are done if I get a chance to talk to them I will say "Good job" rather than "that was ok, but it wasn't impressive because your flyer was too small for my liking"

If any of you knows of a team that doesn't work hard at what they do then grab me when they perform at a competition and I will stand a long side you as we yell "you suck" (I would really never do that but I hope you get my point)

Its funny to me that so many people go crazy for teams like SE, Panthers, Cali Sm. Senior, Top Gun, etc etc who all have multiple junior aged/small fliers on their worlds teams yet we turn right around and say how unimpressive it is. Seems to me that the crowd in the Milkhouse was going nuts for these teams as they killed it on the floor... :)

@Ashay I understand your position that your SR5 team can accomplish as much as some Level 5 teams do. I am indifferent either way, but the point is that your team can't accomplish all level 5 skills because it is in a restricted division. That makes them different from other level 5 teams. It's not about the Worlds title, it's about not being allowed to do all the same stuff. I hope you don't think I have any less respect for them, it is what it is.

I wish we could simplify everything that has been said so far with the following 2 statements:

2. No one likes a team that picks a smaller flyer just to make it easier or hit a harder skill when they could have used another flyer with those skills as well'

Besides that if I don't know the reason why a team picked their athletes (death in the family, broken leg, it's a small gym, whatever) then I choose to respect their decision and enjoy the skill that their team works hard at putting into a routine. When they are done if I get a chance to talk to them I will say "Good job" rather than "that was ok, but it wasn't impressive because your flyer was too small for my liking"

If any of you knows of a team that doesn't work hard at what they do then grab me when they perform at a competition and I will stand a long side you as we yell "you suck" (I would really never do that but I hope you get my point)

I understand your point but that still makes them level five, doing level 5 skills. that was my whole point you stated sr5 is not level 5 when in fact it is. we only chose SR5 because we dont have the age appropriate athletes in our gym. its nor here nor there but ya get my drift!

Ashay said:
I understand your point but that still makes them level five, doing level 5 skills. that was my whole point you stated sr5 is not level 5 when in fact it is. we only chose SR5 because we dont have the age appropriate athletes in our gym. its nor here nor there but ya get my drift!

Yep

this has been my point all of along, and i'm curious as to why/what caused this subject to resurface...

I agree completely larger flyers look better in the air but when you've got 12-13 year olds who are talented with doubles/3 to doubles they are just as worthy of a spot than anyone else.... If I was a coach I wouldn't turn down a 12 year old with level 5 skills just because I might get critized for how small they are... Especially when they have better skills than some of the older ones... A gym like World Cup, Stingrays they have 1 location of talented level 5s and they have the option for youth 5, junior 5 and then senior 5 but when you've got a smaller gym or a gym with multiple locations within 1 hour or more of eachother you just have to take what you can get... in the end you can't tell a younger talented kid you can't go to worlds cause you're too small. JMO

I agree completely larger flyers look better in the air but when you've got 12-13 year olds who are talented with doubles/3 to doubles they are just as worthy of a spot than anyone else.... If I was a coach I wouldn't turn down a 12 year old with level 5 skills just because I might get critized for how small they are... Especially when they have better skills than some of the older ones... A gym like World Cup, Stingrays they have 1 location of talented level 5s and they have the option for youth 5, junior 5 and then senior 5 but when you've got a smaller gym or a gym with multiple locations within 1 hour or more of eachother you just have to take what you can get... in the end you can't tell a younger talented kid you can't go to worlds cause you're too small. JMO

And even these large powerhouse gyms use junior aged/smaller fliers on their worlds teams....

Back