All-Star Anyone Having Music Issues Thus Far?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ctwings said:
We compete on Sunday....one team is missing the dance and still no music for the other team :( and this is someone we have used for 4 of the 5 years we've been open

I asked for a refund this morning if our music wasn't delivered by tomorrow morning. We ordered it a month ago, they sent me an invoice but they didn't include our discounts we had earned so I asked for a new invoice. Two weeks later, no invoice and no music. I asked how it was going and they said they stopped production bc of non-payment. So I asked for the invoice again....never got it. We went ahead and paid them and they said it would be done by the end of the month. The end of the month was Monday. Still no music and no reply to my email yet.

@Level5Mom here I come.

Why is everyone choosing to be so secretive about the DJs/companies they've been using that have given them terrible service? I keep seeing "I won't name names" (or something along those lines). If you went to a restaurant and had bad food or poor service, you wouldn't keep their name a secret when sharing your bad review. So why would you "bite your tongue" in this case? I've seen this with people talking about uniform companies on here as well. Not bashing anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

Why is everyone choosing to be so secretive about the DJs/companies they've been using that have given them terrible service? I keep seeing "I won't name names" (or something along those lines). If you went to a restaurant and had bad food or poor service, you wouldn't keep their name a secret when sharing your bad review. So why would you "bite your tongue" in this case? I've seen this with people talking about uniform companies on here as well. Not bashing anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

Strange to me because so many will dog out gyms they have never attended and coaches they never worked with based on rumor and innuendo and here is something they have factual evidence on and refuse to say but so much. My guess is that even though they may have had poor service, they still want to use them because perhaps to their way of thinking there really is no one better to do their music. But to me if that s the case, why say anything at all? To them anyone less than Chat, Patrick, Jr or whomever would be substandard for what they want. And perhaps they figure that is they put them completely on blast they will never get their music since almost everyone in cheer reads the Fierceboard, even if they don't post.

None of the gyms that I worked with to my knowledge never had music issues. But then again they did not use any of the big guys mentioned in this thread either.

Strange to me because so many will dog out gyms they have never attended and coaches they never worked with based on rumor and innuendo and here is something they have factual evidence on and refuse to say but so much. My guess is that even though they may have had poor service, they still want to use them because perhaps to their way of thinking there really is no one better to do their music. But to me if that s the case, why say anything at all? To them anyone less than Chat, Patrick, Jr or whomever would be substandard for what they want. And perhaps they figure that is they put them completely on blast they will never get their music since almost everyone in cheer reads the Fierceboard, even if they don't post.

None of the gyms that I worked with to my knowledge never had music issues. But then again they did not use any of the big guys mentioned in this thread either.
Maybe if people named names and held them accountable, it would actually get better. DJs would realize that either they hire someone to be their CS Rep, or say 'No' to taking on more mixes, or do whatever they need to have better customer service because people will KNOW. Gym owners realize the plethora of mixers out there and either change or appreciate the perils of music mixes. Either way, there's a chance that things could very well work out all around.

Maybe if people named names and held them accountable, it would actually get better. DJs would realize that either they hire someone to be their CS Rep, or say 'No' to taking on more mixes, or do whatever they need to have better customer service because people will KNOW. Gym owners realize the plethora of mixers out there and either change or appreciate the perils of music mixes. Either way, there's a chance that things could very well work out all around.

I agree with both you and @mollymags. The constant thing (at least on the boards) is how awesome__________ music is and how it is so worth the wait, blah, blah, blah. Some sadly have hyped the gym's competitive ability based on who did the music "So and so did their music so you know they (the gym) must be awesome." Of course that is usually the younger people talking but you do wonder how much some gym owners buy into it as well.

Shameless plug comes here: I had a friend who needed music fast a couple of years ago. IIRC it was one of the music producers we talk about all the time. As soon as I verify which one it from was her (just messaged her) I have no problem posting it. I asked @Level5Mom to do it for me. Never met Joanne before and still haven't. I only knew her from these boards. Quick, fast, done. So if I ever run into another program that needs music asap, who do you think I am going to put them in contact with? Her customer service and response time could not be beat.

Wow thank you all for the positive feedback! It really makes me look back and say the extra effort for amazing customer service has paid off for me. There are some great benefits that come from being "MOM" aged. I have worked for several years, have a BS and an MS, and I have owned another business before Mixtreme. One thing I have learned is that customer service is absolutely 100% the most important thing in any service-related business. For cheer music production, you must also be able to put out an awesome product in an industry that centers itself around being "fierce". It is always my goal to give you both :). It also gives me a great excuse to stay young and hip :p.

It's simple: smother your clients with customer service, and they will come back next year and bring 2 friends with them. Answer emails promptly, as well as texts and phone calls. Do edits right away! Edits take 5 minutes. If there are 10 edits it takes 30 minutes. Get them done and file them away! Do what you say you will do: it's called integrity. I have been around the block long enough to know I will be successful if I run my business by the Golden Rule :D.

www.mixtremecheerbeats.com

I asked for a refund this morning if our music wasn't delivered by tomorrow morning. We ordered it a month ago, they sent me an invoice but they didn't include our discounts we had earned so I asked for a new invoice. Two weeks later, no invoice and no music. I asked how it was going and they said they stopped production bc of non-payment. So I asked for the invoice again....never got it. We went ahead and paid them and they said it would be done by the end of the month. The end of the month was Monday. Still no music and no reply to my email yet.

@Level5Mom here I come.

We keep getting the run around....last Tuesday he said i will have both sets of music within 48 hours, and today I am still waiting.... I will be right behind you in line for level5mom!!!

Wow thank you all for the positive feedback! It really makes me look back and say the extra effort for amazing customer service has paid off for me. There are some great benefits that come from being "MOM" aged. I have worked for several years, have a BS and an MS, and I have owned another business before Mixtreme. One thing I have learned is that customer service is absolutely 100% the most important thing in any service-related business. For cheer music production, you must also be able to put out an awesome product in an industry that centers itself around being "fierce". It is always my goal to give you both :). It also gives me a great excuse to stay young and hip :p.

It's simple: smother your clients with customer service, and they will come back next year and bring 2 friends with them. Answer emails promptly, as well as texts and phone calls. Do edits right away! Edits take 5 minutes. If there are 10 edits it takes 30 minutes. Get them done and file them away! Do what you say you will do: it's called integrity. I have been around the block long enough to know I will be successful if I run my business by the Golden Rule :D.

www.mixtremecheerbeats.com

Yes yes yes to everything! There is the major difference between you and your company and many of the others out there. We are extremely happy with our music from you, and I have told at least 5 other coaches that aren't on boards like these about it. I will never recommend someone I don't have firsthand experience with, and everything has been top notch. We have had problems with our choreographer, uniforms, and just about everything else this season. Music was the easiest and most worry-free thing I've dealt with this season.

i am about to name name when i get home! i cant wait for you all to read this email that was sent from a music producer! SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! Cant wait for you all to read it! You will be shocked at this kind of customer service~!

I'm just patiently waiting! Hopefully it comes this week...we only have 9 more practices till our first comp at USA Anaheim!

I'm just patiently waiting! Hopefully it comes this week...we only have 9 more practices till our first comp at USA Anaheim!

if it makes you feel any better...my jr3 kids heard all their music for the first time in warm ups!!!

Wow. I'm sure they did just fine!

They really did!!! I told them that only a diva can hear their music for the first time at competition and win...and I asked if they were diva's or lil girls....and they showed me DIVA ;)

The music producer I used I found on here. I've never been so burned. I have emailed every other day for the last 2 weeks and have heard nothing. The team was supposed to compete last saturday but had to cancel because they didn't have music. I have yet to hear from him so I am now forced to find another producer. Thank god I'm using the guy that does my gyms music and hey will have it done thursday. I'm pissed that there is no way for me to get the money back for the first mixes because he will not return any form of contact. Well, I have learned my lesson make sure you get your sources checked before doing business.:mad:

Back