OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
^^
And obviously after qualifications it's scores. @NJ Coach is right: it's Vault Bars Beam Floor. Men's events (as I've noticed by watching this Worlds) is a bit different.

The ONLY time I've ever noticed someone change a routine is (ex Aly Raisman at Olympics) if something is inconsistent they'll take it out OR if they need the points they might add something in. For qualifying in London, she had the front layout connection to her first pass, team final she didn't (it was shaky and they didn't need it on floor) and she nailed it back in for event finals/AA.

I do think Gabby could match Simone at full form. I will say I missed Mustafina's general sassy snark-face and her serious eye makeup game.

HA! YAAS! Mustafina will always have the best hair and make up hands down. LOL :cheering:

Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danell Leyva! Men's all around starts in about 15 minutes.

Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danell Leyva! Men's all around starts in about 15 minutes.
I hope he wished for a solid performance on pommel when he blew the candles on his birthday cake... [emoji120]

Also, a part of me wants to laugh because Google translate has basically failed her, but okay Komova:
63swvo.jpg

Last edited:
Also, Donnell Whittenburg from USA was second reserve but just got added in due to athletes dropping out! He'll be competing in all around and starting on rings! (thus finishing on pommel, lawlz.)

Also, Donnell Whittenburg was second reserve for all around but just got added in due to athletes dropping out! He'll be competing and starting on rings! (thus finishing on pommel, lawlz.)
As much as I am happy for Whittenburg, I feel sad for Hambüchen who had to pull out due to illness. He was Germany's only finalist across all events including all-around.

ETA: I just remembered Bretschneider also made HB finals, but still... for a country that usually has a couple of podium finishes for their men's event, this is really unfortunate.

There, there, Viktoria. You tried.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of "you tried", Danell Leyva, lolz.

Good showing for Whittenburg though! He would have been right up there had he landed his vault. Top 10 for only learning you would be competing a few hours before, not bad.

Speaking of "you tried", Danell Leyva, lolz.

Good showing for Whittenburg though! He would have been right up there had he landed his vault. Top 10 for only learning you would be competing a few hours before, not bad.
I was really impressed w him.

And holy Cuba! He's gonna be fun to watch in the future.

I hope he wished for a solid performance on pommel when he blew the candles on his birthday cake... [emoji120]

Also, a part of me wants to laugh because Google translate has basically failed her, but okay Komova:
63swvo.jpg
"I'm ashamed of you"
hahahahaha

I was really impressed w him.

And holy Cuba! He's gonna be fun to watch in the future.

... and this is why Cuba needs to send their gymnast to Worlds, like for real. [emoji58]

Here's the catch though, a podium finish in individual all-around doesn't guarantee him a spot at Rio 2016, same with Iordache. I think it's ridiculous that only apparatus medalist are guaranteed a spot. The rest are shipped off to the test event.

Another year, another heart-break by Verniaiev. [emoji174] Where's the "I was rooting for you" GIF when you need it? So pleased with Deng's performance though, never thought I'd see a solid all-around athlete from China again.

Last edited:
I need Simone to upgrade her second vault.
You and a lot of people feel the same, but you have to realise that upgrading from a López to a Cheng is an incredibly difficult task. I'm not sure if she's been training a Cheng, but squeezing in an extra full-twist is a lot to ask with less than a year left until Rio 2016.

Latest posts

Back