OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do they even have enough gold medals?!!

My mind is blown in so many ways right now.

Worlds judges be like:
29omjo8.png

Last edited:
Omg I am DYING at bar finals. I love it.

Biles has been training a Cheng and was supposed to compete it at Classics or Nationals, but was struggling with it apparently. I hope she adds it in for 2016 because you already know it's going to be fabulous.

GB have broken so many records this world championships my mind if officially blown. Not only was it the first time both our men and women placed within the top three for team finals but Max Whitlock (after his devastating all-around performance) scored our first male individual GOLD medal on pommel horse with Louis Smith right behind him in second. Not only that but Max also got a silver on floor. We have now broken the record of how many medals we have accomplished in one world championships. SOOOO HAPPY!!!! Really hope Nile puts in a clean routine tomorrow for his parallel bars.

GB have broken so many records this world championships my mind if officially blown. Not only was it the first time both our men and women placed within the top three for team finals but Max Whitlock (after his devastating all-around performance) scored our first male individual GOLD medal on pommel horse with Louis Smith right behind him in second. Not only that but Max also got a silver on floor. We have now broken the record of how many medals we have accomplished in one world championships. SOOOO HAPPY!!!! Really hope Nile puts in a clean routine tomorrow for his parallel bars.

I am so proud of how amazing we've been doing at this historic championships! Feel like we've really been making our mark! So happy for Max, was so devastating for him yesterday so to get a silver and a gold is so amazing! Gutted I was on my way back to uni so missed him and Louis! Fingers crossed for Nile :)

One one hand, I hate the stupid tiebreakers.

On the other...four-way tie for gold? Whut?

I saw Aly retweet something about her not getting bronze in 2012 and then they let 4 girls take gold at Worlds. I know the Olympics is different, but at least be consistent. a two way tie is one thing, but FOUR??!?! Is it because of the monetary prize on the line at the olympics? what is the rationale for breaking one and not the other? I am not well versed enough in the tie-breaking rules.

I saw Aly retweet something about her not getting bronze in 2012 and then they let 4 girls take gold at Worlds. I know the Olympics is different, but at least be consistent. a two way tie is one thing, but FOUR??!?! Is it because of the monetary prize on the line at the olympics? what is the rationale for breaking one and not the other? I am not well versed enough in the tie-breaking rules.
Basically world championships is under F.I.G., Olympics is under, well... F.I.G. too but Olympics is the face of the event. If I remember correctly, Mustafina won the tie-breaker (drop lowest score for individual all-around/higher E score for apparatus event finals)for bronze... twice.

There are monetary prizes at Worlds as well, so I'm not sure how they decide on when to implement a tie-breaker.

I think the way they broke the tie for the all-around at the Olympics was foolish. You can't DROP an apparatus to break the ALL AROUND tiebreak! It's supposed to be the best *all-around* gymnast. Come on now. I also though the way they broke the tie for the UB final in Beijing was dumb too.

I mean, if they actually tie, they actually tie, regardless of which competition it is. I don't particularly like the thought of a four-way tie, but...the fact remains that four gymnasts managed to score the exact same.

Back