OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I felt like minus any injuries it'd be Simone, Gabby, Aly, and Maggie with the 5th being an up in the air wildcard from any of the 5432 phenomenal girls we have to choose from... and then I look at Laurie Hernandez and Jazmyn Foberg's instagrams with little snippets of what they're working on and I have a hard time believing they won't be on the team and then I get really stressed out.

and then it's like, oh wait, we can't leave the reigning world champion on UB at home.....

Texas needs to become a sub-country for the Olympics. If Puerto Rico can do it the Texans should too.

For women that is... but definitely the most in a single quad, regardless of sex, that's for sure.

Also, forgot to include how happy I am for Leyva... he really compose himself well today as compared to his performance during the, mostly disastrous, individual all-around final. He ended these championships on a good note with that silver in bars, hopefully it'll fuel his morale and motivation as we works towards Rio.

Verniaiev(UKR), Stepko(AZE) and Laduet(CUB) just booked themselves a spot at Rio. The Ukranian men's team still have a shot at Rio, so Verniaiev wasn't completely in danger, but Laduet and Stepko really needed those bronze medals. It would have been devastating if Laduet didn't make it even with a silver in the individual all-around (stupid, stupid, stupid rule that they don't award all-around medalist a berth to Rio (*pats Iordache*)).

Anyone know what Steingruber's status is? She jammed her knee during vault finals and was out of floor finals today (along with Fasana from Italy). Which coincidentally gave Shang, as a reserve, to compete and show us the best floor routine I've ever seen her do.
I think Shang was already in floor finals. She was R1 and the Italian girl dropped out before. Wevers replaced Steingruber (not that it really matters lol)

I read that an MRI showed no ligament damage, which is great. Steingruber also won the Longines Prize for Elegance, which makes me happy. Interesting though, since I wouldn't call her a technically "elegant" gymnast. I would be more inclined to think it would go to Shang or Irodache. But I'm happy for her!

I feel like some of these American gymnasts need to go and try to get citizenship in other countries. Start swabbing mouths and searching family trees.

Romania. Russia, China, Italy, Great Britain anywhere.... We just need to spread our talent around the world because as of right now the Olympics looks boring af for women's.

I'm partially kidding since I know it's not feasible......but I like nail biting meets for the Olympics. Like in 96 and 08.

The rest of the world has 10 months to get good. Can they come train at the ranch? Like for real what can be done....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like some of these American gymnasts need to go and try to get citizenship in other countries. Start swabbing mouths and searching family trees.

Funny you should mention that. Two American girls did just that and competed for Belarus. They are young and pretty new to elite. They are decent, but nowhere near where they need to be to qualify for Worlds for the US. I don't think they even qualified for P&Gs. It ticked a lot of people off, since they've never stepped foot in the country of Belarus and really have no ties. (I think maybe their coaches are from Belarus?) They just wanted to compete at Worlds. They finished in like 73rd and 75th place.

Here's a blog I found about why some people are angry
Why I’m Angry About Belarus | The Gymternet

Funny you should mention that. Two American girls did just that and competed for Belarus. They are young and pretty new to elite. They are decent, but nowhere near where they need to be to qualify for Worlds for the US. I don't think they even qualified for P&Gs. It ticked a lot of people off, since they've never stepped foot in the country of Belarus and really have no ties. (I think maybe their coaches are from Belarus?) They just wanted to compete at Worlds. They finished in like 73rd and 75th place.

Here's a blog I found about why some people are angry
Why I’m Angry About Belarus | The Gymternet

Well Simone did it with Belize and I honestly think she did it as a "jic" not that she of all people needs it at this point.

But the US has enough talent to make 3 teams to win Gold, Silver and Bronze at the Olympics and truth be told at this point that would be the the only way the competition would actually be competitive....if it were even possible

I just need Russia, Romania, China and everybody else to get their life.

Well Simone did it with Belize and I honestly think she did it as a "jic" not that she of all people needs it at this point.

But the US has enough talent to make 3 teams to win Gold, Silver and Bronze at the Olympics and truth be told at this point that would be the the only way the competition would actually be competitive....if it were even possible

I just need Russia, Romania, China and everybody else to get their life.

China had it and then didn't...and like all of them forgot how to vault. How did they have *nobody* in their pipeline post-Cheng? Also, how are all of them so teeny tiny? Most of the other teams have at least *some* diversity of height.

Romania is a lost cause minus Iordache. Russia is still in the mix, once Seda figures her life out.

China had it and then didn't...and like all of them forgot how to vault. How did they have *nobody* in their pipeline post-Cheng? Also, how are all of them so teeny tiny? Most of the other teams have at least *some* diversity of height.

Romania is a lost cause minus Iordache. Russia is still in the mix, once Seda figures her life out.
I agree, I think China scares me more than Russia. Their "best" girl (Yao Jinnan) sat this season out after getting shoulder surgery. If they ever figure out how to vault they will be a threat. I don't know if the size/power thing is something they can compensate for though. They literally just do not weigh enough to get a good spring of the board.

Russias D-scores are right there, they just keep Komova-ing everything. They just need to figure out how to hit. I'm also interested in following this Mustafina storyline. I wonder if she really is done. =(

If you look at their team picture from 2008 there was diversity in size. Granted it probably ranged from 4'6 to a whopping 5'0 and 85lbs

And China can't vault because they don't weigh enough to hit the vault table as hard as they should. Heck I'm surprised they can tumble as well as they could. One Girl that I watched today in the nbc broadcast literally looked like she was able to tumble out of her passes based on the uncontrolled momentum of flying through the air like an (skilled tumbling) rag doll.

But China needs mass and muscle.

Also seeing Viktoria next to other gymnasts in pictures and she's not so teeny tiny herself (she's tallish and averaged sized comparatively), so how dare she make the steroid comment. I'm still salty about that.

If you look at their team picture from 2008 there was diversity in size. Granted it probably ranged from 4'6 to a whopping 5'0 and 85lbs

And China can't vault because they don't weigh enough to hit the vault table as hard as they should. Heck I'm surprised they can tumble as well as they could. One Girl that I watched today in the nbc broadcast literally looked like she was able to tumble out of her passes based on the uncontrolled momentum of flying through the air like an (skilled tumbling) rag doll.

But China needs mass and muscle.

Also seeing Viktoria next to other gymnasts in pictures and she's not so teeny tiny herself (she's tallish and averaged sized comparatively), so how dare she make the steroid comment. I'm still salty about that.

I mean, some of the American juniors are roughly the same size as the Chinese and they can pull off a DTY. It's just very weird.

And I want Shang's hello kitty mug/thermos thing. So cute.

After watching this worlds, I really like Shang Chunsong. I think she was robbed on floor.
Seriously though, she should have been awarded an extra 0.1 on her D-score on FX for this:
tumblr_inline_nx0099BkHO1soj2qd_500.gif

I mean, some of the American juniors are roughly the same size as the Chinese and they can pull off a DTY. It's just very weird.

They're probably eating differently (better) and conditioning (better). A junior sized under 14/15 gymnasts tbh in most circumstances shouldn't be comparable to a senior aged 15+ Chinese gymnast.....because physically in most circumstances they should have matured beyond their prepubescent bodies. That just makes me think that their juniors are the size of 4 year olds and are somewhere round off bhs off the vault onto a crash mat.

I know that the Chinese (albeit stereotypically) across the board are smaller in stature than us "overweight" Americans.....but like put the Chinese gymnasts in crossfit or something.

They're probably eating differently (better) and conditioning (better). A junior sized under 14/15 gymnasts tbh in most circumstances shouldn't be comparable to a senior aged 15+ Chinese gymnast.....because physically in most circumstances they should have matured beyond their prepubescent bodies. That just makes me think that their juniors are the size of 4 year olds and are somewhere round off bhs off the vault onto a crash mat.

I know that the Chinese (albeit stereotypically) across the board are smaller in stature than us "overweight" Americans.....but like put the Chinese gymnasts in crossfit or something.

Shang Chunsong is SO tiny to be on her third Worlds. She's been at this the same amount of time Simone has, and she's even a few months older. It's crazy the size difference in the two.

Shang Chunsong is SO tiny to be on her third Worlds. She's been at this the same amount of time Simone has, and she's even a few months older. It's crazy the size difference in the two.

apparently she grew up in poverty and that's why she's so teeny tiny. Not 100% I buy that (considering China's history with age falsification), but that's the line right now.

A British Gymnast Tweets His Suspicion Towards China's Shang Chunsong's Age - WOGymnastika

I just feel like there comes a point in everyone's life where you hit puberty.

But it appears that China doesn't.

I also think China still works under the old school gymnastics "tiny is better" school of thought.... but as skills advance and require more strength and power I feel like they're just going to get left behind.

If I had time I would sit around and compare vaults and floor from 2008-2004-2000.... but I'm at work.

But again I can chalk China's struggle up to size...but I still can't find an excuse for Russia and Romania. Like they all just need to figure something out by August. I

Last edited:
Back