OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
High bar judges tend to score gymnast very low on their execution (it probably has the lowest execution score averages across any apparatus, even lower than pommel horse). Most men, even Uchimura, struggle to hit their handstand positions (pirouettes to hand stands etc.). You will almost never see an execution score of 8.8 and above... the highest execution score on high bar yesterday belonged to Belyavskiy - 8.733. For future reference:

tumblr_inline_obq8q1dBlg1t58o6u_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_obq8qgN5Ho1t58o6u_500.jpg

Uchimura had a start value of 17.1, that's 0.6 ahead of Verniaiev; Uchimura's execution score was 0.4 higher than Verniaiev; Uchimura stuck his dismount, Verniaiev didn't (for parallel bars too, which he normally does... all those precious tenths) and probably explains at least 0.3 of the 0.4 difference in execution scores. It was painfully close.
Thank you :). I should have had my sarcasm font on, but this was super informative! I am just side-eyeing a bit that Oleg needed 14.9 to win and had just enough deductions to move to silver. Nearly 2 points in deductions is a lot - even though there were mistakes it was a solid routine.

It seems that Nastia Liukin and Tim Daggett have Simone and Aly taking gold and silver respectively. I can see Mustafina taking the bronze but as always, anything can happen.

Thank you :). I should have had my sarcasm font on, but this was super informative! I am just side-eyeing a bit that Oleg needed 14.9 to win and had just enough deductions to move to silver. Nearly 2 points in deductions is a lot - even though there were mistakes it was a solid routine.
Well, he scored 15.133 in qualifications with a stuck landing... so -0.3 off is 14.833 (they found something else to deduct 0.033, who knows?)

I'm a Verniaievstan, so it was really hard for me to accept at first... but I suppose scores were fair (interview with Verniaiev's coach stating he thought it was fair too).

I thought Aly was wearing the same red Leo from 2012 and I got a little teary eyed but then I realized the stones were going the opposite way.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Someone please tell me what happened to Jade from Brazil

And please tell me Rebeca is killing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just jumping on the feed now can anyone catch me up. Anything news worthy happen or has it been a hit fest for Aly and Simone? Just saw mustafinas beam which was a bummer.

Back