OT Back To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What I find a god send is those big dry-erase 2 month at a time calendars they are big so you can write a lot on their like tests, exams, practices, appts, etc. I know sometimes I can be very forgetful and with 3 jobs and doctors appts to go to every few months that I can't miss I find the dry erase calendar Ahhhhhhmazing

What worked best for me in college was to write up a list of all my assessments once I got my class schedule. One A4 page stuck in front of me with them in chronological order, then I got to cross them out as the semester went on. Looks daunting at the start, but satisfying as you reach the end.

Honors English, Honors bio (I have NO idea how I got honors bio since I failed honors chem and got a C in regular chem...) Cosmetology, and AP Psycology for my first semester! Should be pretty easy except for Bio... Science isn't my thing... I pulled an a out of my butt in Physics though.

Honors English, Honors bio (I have NO idea how I got honors bio since I failed honors chem and got a C in regular chem...) Cosmetology, and AP Psycology for my first semester! Should be pretty easy except for Bio... Science isn't my thing... I pulled an a out of my butt in Physics though.
I took AP Bio this year and LOVED it!!! :) you'll like the curriculum because it's interesting and cool to learn about how everything you learn connects!

I took AP Bio this year and LOVED it!!! :) you'll like the curriculum because it's interesting and cool to learn about how everything you learn connects!
Maybe ill like it! But our science teachers are crappy. I've never heard a good thing about any of them.. and mist of them get fired after the first year! I study hard though so hopefully it'll pay off. Chem I did just not understand at all... Haha

Maybe ill like it! But our science teachers are crappy. I've never heard a good thing about any of them.. and mist of them get fired after the first year! I study hard though so hopefully it'll pay off. Chem I did just not understand at all... Haha
That's cause Chem is boring. (well to me haha) I think you'll be fine:) what helped me was printing out the notes. I actually never read the book haha

SmileyRyleigh I've taken both Chem and Bio already and personally I thought Bio was easier. It's more interesting (to me personally at least) because it's more relatable? (not sure if that's the word I was looking for haha...) I think I would have LOVED bio if it wasn't for the TERRIBLE teacher I had. He was the epitome of an awful teacher... like idk how he still has a job. But nonetheless, I still liked bio more than chem :)

SmileyRyleigh I've taken both Chem and Bio already and personally I thought Bio was easier. It's more interesting (to me personally at least) because it's more relatable? (not sure if that's the word I was looking for haha...) I think I would have LOVED bio if it wasn't for the TERRIBLE teacher I had. He was the epitome of an awful teacher... like idk how he still has a job. But nonetheless, I still liked bio more than chem :)

I sucked at bio. Probably because my teacher's voice was so incredibly obnoxious I was basically tuned out the entire class. But chem is my favorite subject. Idk how I got good at it but I got the highest score on our semester exam. Everyone I know hated it but it came so easy to me and I actually enjoyed doing the homework for that class. I didn't know that was possible.

I sucked at bio. Probably because my teacher's voice was so incredibly obnoxious I was basically tuned out the entire class. But chem is my favorite subject. Idk how I got good at it but I got the highest score on our semester exam. Everyone I know hated it but it came so easy to me and I actually enjoyed doing the homework for that class. I didn't know that was possible.
Haha to each their own! Chem just doesn't click for me... I do really well on some units, and AWFUL on the rest, which was very frustrating all year!

I go back to college on August 29th, but the public schools where I live go back August 14th and are pushing it back another week even earlier next year (which I think it crazy). Last fall, I went back to college mid-September due to being on quarters and this years start date just seems so early, especially cause I'm taking a summer class. But I only have 2 classes left!

But when I was in high school, especially my senior year, I ended up taking a super easy, light course load because I wanted to enjoy my last year (and I was only 1.5 credits from graduating by my senior year, so I only had to take at least two classes). If your school offers a study hall, try and get them to move it to either to first or last period so you can leave early because I had friends that had study hall senior year in the middle of the day, like 3rd-5th periods, and hated it because it became so useless by our last year and then they wished they had tried to change their schedules to begin with.

But due to budget cuts this year, our public schools have a ridiculous schedule. 9th and 10th grade go 1st-7th period (7:30am to 2:00pm) and 11th and 12th grade go 2nd through 8th period (8:15am to 2:45pm).

I'm curious, what is your school like?
Kids go to school when they are 6. (if your birthday is in September you're 5 years old actually) And you're in school for 9 years. (Until you're 15) usually it's 20 people in one class and you're togehter with them for all 9 years. we always are together in classes and we have the same schedule for the whole week. We start school at 8am and end 1pm. We have grades from 1 to 5. 1 is the baddest and 5 is the best. And when you are 15 you go to high school. You can choose the regular high school or high school when you are study to become a proffesion ( like doctor, economics, dancer, musician, photographer, ... ) we are in high school for 4 years. (Until we are 19). It's much harder than middle school. We start classes at 8am and end at 3pm. We have to take exams every week and if you get grade 1 (which would be an F in US) you have to repeat the exam. If you still get 1 and you don't get better grade until end of the year you have to repeat the whole year. (that means you are twice in a junor year or a sophomore) when we are seniors at the end of the year we have to take 4 really hard exams. and if you get an F at those exams you can't go to college. when we took those exams we can sa we gratuaded. It's funny when I read your posts how it's hard to miss school because of competitions. We skip school here like nothing. People usually miss school because they go to holidays or they are to lazy to come to school and they are sleeping at home or they go out with friends instead going to school. It's nothing like that if you skip school. I missed school for about 30 days probably. and people cheat on the test all the time!! After high school is college. It is for free. you go to college for 3 years and that's it.

this was so hart to write in english about schools here. Sorry if you don't understand me. :confused:

Kids go to school when they are 6. (if your birthday is in September you're 5 years old actually) And you're in school for 9 years. (Until you're 15) usually it's 20 people in one class and you're togehter with them for all 9 years. we always are together in classes and we have the same schedule for the whole week. We start school at 8am and end 1pm. We have grades from 1 to 5. 1 is the baddest and 5 is the best. And when you are 15 you go to high school. You can choose the regular high school or high school when you are study to become a proffesion ( like doctor, economics, dancer, musician, photographer, ... ) we are in high school for 4 years. (Until we are 19). It's much harder than middle school. We start classes at 8am and end at 3pm. We have to take exams every week and if you get grade 1 (which would be an F in US) you have to repeat the exam. If you still get 1 and you don't get better grade until end of the year you have to repeat the whole year. (that means you are twice in a junor year or a sophomore) when we are seniors at the end of the year we have to take 4 really hard exams. and if you get an F at those exams you can't go to college. when we took those exams we can sa we gratuaded. It's funny when I read your posts how it's hard to miss school because of competitions. We skip school here like nothing. People usually miss school because they go to holidays or they are to lazy to come to school and they are sleeping at home or they go out with friends instead going to school. It's nothing like that if you skip school. I missed school for about 30 days probably. and people cheat on the test all the time!! After high school is college. It is for free. you go to college for 3 years and that's it.

this was so hart to write in english about schools here. Sorry if you don't understand me. :confused:

I understood you perfectly! School seems pretty different there compared to here. It's really interesting. Thank you for telling me! :)

I'm going to be a senior too! There seems to be a lot on this thread haha I start August 28th I believe. I'm taking Ap government, ap calculus, anatomy, and honors British literature (along with the mandatory classes like gym). I agree with the people who said to use a planner. I've been using one since elementary school and it helps a lot!

Back