All-Star Black Ops

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

AllstarObsession I can see how that would be upsetting to some people, maybe at the time they thought they would raise money to go and now it did not work out, granted that did take away an at large from another nor cal team so I get people being frustrated.

After reading all the posts, it would see if a gym owner knew they would only attend Worlds on a Paid bid, then they should tell all Ep's that before competition season starts.

OK...I get that people want to go to Worlds for the experience....but taking away someones at large???? If you can't get an at large to Worlds...then you do not belong there....Worlds is already watered down enough...it is not a Championship that everyone is entitled to attend for the "experience" of it....speaking from experience of going from our old gym...going and being next to last or at the bottom of the heap...isnt that great of an experience....actually..it SUCKED...IMO

Because there are other teams that want those at large bids. Why take away another team's at large bid if you have no intention of ever using them. That is only for programs who know ahead of time they will only attend Worlds on a paid bid.

I completely agree. While I don't 100% agree with at large bids even existing (or the insane number of them that currently are distributed) I do agree that if a gym knows from the beginning they will not send a team on an at large they should not be accepting at large bids. The team that would have been next in line (no matter how deserving) is now possibly robbed of the chance to go and compete.

So as it was said at the beginning are certain members really being put on other teams that already have bids? If so how is that going to work excatly?

Call my crazy but I don't mind teams snagging at large bids and not using them simply because in my opinion there are too many at larges anyway.

So as it was said at the beginning are certain members really being put on other teams that already have bids? If so how is that going to work excatly?

Call my crazy but I don't mind teams snagging at large bids and not using them simply because in my opinion there are too many at larges anyway.

I would hope (contrary to that other thread haha) that it's a crossover issue and they're not going to replace members who have been on the team all year.

Are there crossovers onto IOC? Maybe that's where they'll be put (if there are)?

i wonder if this is going to affect kids maybe next year leaving and attending POWER since they didnt get to go to worlds... I know they have a little rivalry in the same division and both up in the northern part of cali...

i wonder if this is going to affect kids maybe next year leaving and attending POWER since they didnt get to go to worlds... I know they have a little rivalry in the same division and both up in the northern part of cali...
Its so hard to predict what will happen with seniors graduating, maybe no new boys maybe they wont have 4 coed lvl 5 teams next year to make sure this doesnt happen.

We actually had 6 Worlds teams this season...it isn't that rare for coaches and programs to tell parents and athletes that if you don't get a paid bid you aren't going....we were told it last year...IMO..if you can't get it then you probably won't do well at Worlds..that being said...Black ops was better than a lot of teams going..so I see their disappointment ...I know several kids on the team and this is hard for them:(

We actually had 6 Worlds teams this season...it isn't that rare for coaches and programs to tell parents and athletes that if you don't get a paid bid you aren't going....we were told it last year...IMO..if you can't get it then you probably won't do well at Worlds..that being said...Black ops was better than a lot of teams going..so I see their disappointment ...I know several kids on the team and this is hard for them:(
There are a lot of teams that have gone to worlds on "at large" bids and placed really high, a lot top ten..

There are a lot of teams that have gone to worlds on "at large" bids and placed really high, a lot top ten..
I am aware of that Andrew....it is just a judgement call that gyms make for different reasons...and it's their right to make that call....I prefer there to be less at large bids given...a bid (any bid) should be much more difficult to get...IMO...I mean 23rd place in sm coed getting a bid at NCA (2011)....what does that accomplish?

I am aware of that Andrew....it is just a judgement call that gyms make for different reasons...and it's their right to make that call....I prefer there to be less at large bids given...a bid (any bid) should be much more difficult to get...IMO...I mean 23rd place in sm coed getting a bid at NCA (2011)....what does that accomplish?
It doesn't accomplish anything....to us. Unfortunately to others it does.

Back