OT Book Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm drawn to easier reads in the summer, but still down to hear all recommendations! I just put in a hold for All the Light We Cannot See because it looks interesting. Keep em coming!
All the Light We Cannot See is AMAZING. One of my favorite books for sure.

Don't want to double post, but "The Tsar of Love and Techno" by Anthony Marra is also an amazing book. Not the happiest read, but a fabulous book

What about Kellys wine club??? (If any of you got this, i love you!!! XD)

Last edited:
Hope no one minds if I bump this thread! I'm ready for some new book recommendations if anyone has read anything good recently.

With summer approaching and the weather warming up, I gravitate more towards lighter reads with short chapters, perfect for outdoor/pool side reading that I can pick up and put down often. Throw anything my way!

I'm thinking about requesting Mindy Kaling's new(ish) book at my library. I liked her first one a lot. Anyone read Why Not Me?
I read mindy kalings book! I loved it, finished it in a few days. I prefer easy reads and this one was perfect for that!

I recommend anything by Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham, Emily Giffin for light summer books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emily Giffin has a new one coming out this summer too!

Over the weekend I read Marcus Sakey's Brilliance trilogy.
If someone has any crime, murder mystery, supernatural and/or "save the world" reads, I'm all ears!

any crime, murder mystery
If you haven't already read them, the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling is so good.

@cheerKT my favorite light read recently was Jenny Mollen's memoir "I Like You Just The Way I Am." It could be because I share a lot of similar neuroses with her, but I laughed out loud on planes multiple times. Hilarious. I did read Mindy's second book and I'd call it good, but not great. I also recommend Aziz Ansari's Modern Love to everyone in our generation, if you haven't already checked it out.

If you haven't already read them, the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling is so good.

@cheerKT my favorite light read recently was Jenny Mollen's memoir "I Like You Just The Way I Am." It could be because I share a lot of similar neuroses with her, but I laughed out loud on planes multiple times. Hilarious. I did read Mindy's second book and I'd call it good, but not great. I also recommend Aziz Ansari's Modern Love to everyone in our generation, if you haven't already checked it out.
I read Aziz's book and liked it. If you are an audiobook fan (which I'm not really but have tons of friends that are) I've heard that's a great one to listen to. Aziz is very animated and hearing things come from him makes it all the more hilarious.

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is a cute series that is kind of sci-fi. The Storymakers series by Betsy Schow is another one along the same lines. Both take fairy tales and give them a twist.

I also really like the Selection series by Kiera Cass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the weekend I read Marcus Sakey's Brilliance trilogy.
If someone has any crime, murder mystery, supernatural and/or "save the world" reads, I'm all ears!

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

I thought I would download an audiobook for a new "soundtrack" for running to switch it up a bit... why are they so expensive :confused: I could buy 2 hardcovers for those prices.

Can you rent audiobooks digitally?

ETA: should I subscribe to audible.com or is that not worth it? helppppp.

I thought I would download an audiobook for a new "soundtrack" for running to switch it up a bit... why are they so expensive :confused: I could buy 2 hardcovers for those prices.

Can you rent audiobooks digitally?

ETA: should I subscribe to audible.com or is that not worth it? helppppp.

What does your library offer.

My system rents audiobooks digitally.

Back