All-Star Boys Must Coed Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most likely teams would want equal amounts of tumblers and stunters.

if they were combined, judges should take into consideration that it would be much easier for a guy to do toss hands than it would be for a girl. and that guys have more muscle so their tumbling is easier/better EXCEPT for teams like world cup who have more and better specialty passes than top gun had in their unlimited coed days. a girl doing a two to double punch double would be worth more than a guy doing it.

CCCBeBad said:
Really....??? Might want to go check the score sheet.... 5 bonus points for COED Stunting!
Could be wrong- but the post before said "not required". To me, "bonus points" insinuates that although it is not required, it is rewarded, but again.. NOT a requirement to participate in the division.

Could be wrong- but the post before said "not required". To me, "bonus points" insinuates that although it is not required, it is rewarded, but again.. NOT a requirement to participate in the division.

The only reason it can be counted as bonus points is because if no one in the division does it then it won't hurt any team, but say Brandon Sr. Black adds in true coed stunts that will give them an advantage. That can be said for anything. If all the large senior teams decide to not do jumps to back, it might be on the scoresheet and they may lose points for it but everyone will, the moment a team adds them in they have an advantage.

ztaprincess said:
The only reason it can be counted as bonus points is because if no one in the division does it then it won't hurt any team, but say Brandon Sr. Black adds in true coed stunts that will give them an advantage. That can be said for anything. If all the large senior teams decide to not do jumps to back, it might be on the scoresheet and they may lose points for it but everyone will, the moment a team adds them in they have an advantage.
Thanks- hadn't thought about it in too much detail.

I think it will end up being more important then some people think when worlds comes around. Teams are going to want to have that advantage over the other teams.

We have a tradition of having only 5 male yell leaders. We started as a all male military school and A&M has cult like traditions. No cheerleading program is allowed to use the colleges logo, and be a representative of the school

Wow. Thanks for the info.

To Max on stunting in small small coed you must coed stunt. Stunting is out of 25 in difficulty and you can only Get 20 if You all girl or group stunt depending on what you call It

I think the addition of coed stunting exposed what was becoming a HUGE weakness in allstar cheer..tumbling (and tumbling well) is all well and good, but it only became such a huge deal when teams like TG MADE it a big deal to have tons of extra crazy passes and tumbling transitions, and were subsequently more rewarded for it. Now that were starting to reward coed-style stunting, you will see more of a draw in that direction, and bringing in those boys who can get IHMO badges and the like..let's face it: crazy passes to double are cool in allstar, but are useless at the college level if that's a direction you want to go in.

The whole coed stunting is a double edged sword to me. With 18 years and younger bases,(and even older more experienced stunters) it seems that the stunts are going to be one of two things.
A) a sloppy hot mess from doing too hard of skills
B) really boring

I hate seeing toss hands extensions. And we will see alot at worlds. Choreography wise, they are the boring part of an otherwise visually stunning routine. But coed teams of these days can't hit visually exciting partner stunts.

The whole coed stunting is a double edged sword to me. With 18 years and younger bases,(and even older more experienced stunters) it seems that the stunts are going to be one of two things.
A) a sloppy hot mess from doing too hard of skills
B) really boring

I hate seeing toss hands extensions. And we will see alot at worlds. Choreography wise, they are the boring part of an otherwise visually stunning routine. But coed teams of these days can't hit visually exciting partner stunts.

But several years ago, teams couldn't hit visually exciting tumbling. Imagine in 10 years where this movement will take us. It's a very good thing for allstar cheer.

But several years ago, teams couldn't hit visually exciting tumbling. Imagine in 10 years where this movement will take us. It's a very good thing for allstar cheer.

true, but i think the limiting factor in tumbling ten years ago was coaching and the pool of athletes to pull from. I believe that in partner stunting for boys under the age of college that the limiting factor will be strength. to become a good partner stunter takes a good amount of strength (I do always love it when the guys who bench 300 lbs plus tell the little guys its all about technique) While you can do some semi impressive stunts with technique alone, strength always comes into the equation. I don't see these boys putting in the hours of work it takes in the weight room and eating right to gain the muscle required for what is only 5 bonus points. And to the 13-14 year old boys barely starting puberty and who are smaller than the girls than they are basing? they are kind of sol if partner stunting is required. Not saying that its a good or bad thing, but thats what it is.

Back