All-Star Brandon 2012 Stunt Illegal?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Courtney said the illegal version was easier than the legal one and they were still working on it (can anyone confirm this?)
I honestly don't care, but thanks for clearing that up!

How about rather than arguing over whether the stunt is legal you leave it to the judges and the team to worry about and discuss how they hit the stunt, probably the hardest stunt next to Maddies 360 ball up tick tock.. Maybe even harder.

As far as I was concerned we were discussing it, which is the reason this board exists....how are we supposed to innovate and create exciting new stunts like this if we don't fully understand the rules?

How about rather than arguing over whether the stunt is legal you leave it to the judges and the team to worry about and discuss how they hit the stunt, probably the hardest stunt next to Maddies 360 ball up tick tock.. Maybe even harder.

There is no arguing people were just curious. As it was pointed out it is illegal as long as they don't toss too high.

..Ok, I was curious about illegality too, but I'd HARDLY consider myself a hater. Just a huge fan who's often curious about grey area rule-bending. And it's a perfectly legitimate thing to consider when it's a matter of how high your bases toss that day to determine whether or not its legal.

Although I often wonder- if it's a known rule-bend, are judges more or less likely to automatically slap a deduction on it when it falls into illegal territory. Like that day the bases toss too high, is it 'Well, you knew this was a rule bend. It's been broken, sorry, illegal deduction.' Or is it 'warnings ahoy!'

i honestly dont even care of whether its illegal or not, whatever i just watched is absolutely FLAWLESS and AMAZING that usasf rules will just have to allow it or we are going to have a problem here...mkay? :)

travnation80 ztaprincess YourNewObsession

As per the rules site:
Eighteen Inches Above Extended Arm Level:
The maximum distance allowed between the highest point of a base's extended arm and the bottom of the feet of an upright top person during a release move. Clarification: Release moves where the toss persons "ball-up", tuck, etc, the eighteen inches will be determined by where the top person's feet would be if they were vertical/upright and the legs were straight underneath them.

real quick, where did u find that? cuz in http://usasfrules.com/level-5/ and in http://usasfrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/USASF-Rules-2011-13-updated-Oct-28-2011.pdf

i couldnt find the wording u said.

It's legal, because (as pointed out) they're measuring from the hips as if the flyer's legs were straight under her and then you add 18 inches to that. Based on the video and photo shown, as a judge, I wouldn't call it as illegal (although it's close). As pointed out already, yes, they need to be careful with how high they toss.

Back