All-Star "breaking" Cheerleaders In The Splits

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe his aunt is the head coach or in some position of power at East HS, which was how he got the job. I recall seeing a post on his Instagram about it (which is now deleted womp womp)

Someone somewhere has to have a screencap of it. If I've learned anything working with high schoolers it is that NOTHING happens on the internet without someone screencapping it.

Who's going to be the Nancy drew to find it? Lol

Curious how many of you have shared this with your kids? I hadn't until today but I was chatting with my daughter (8 y.o.) and she kept saying "that's a good coach, they know better than you do". So we watched the video. Thankfully, she was able to see the vast difference between what her coaches do and this situation. Also, it made me realize it was a good time to talk about adults not always knowing best.

Agreed 100%

What happened?
Promised them a job in his gym in CO, and a spot on his tumbling team, took $$ to help get them all set up in an apartment-that he never did. They had to sleep on the floor in his tiny apt and borrow $ to go back home 6 days later.

That's what I said on the news, "Winning is obviously a benefit, but we want to win the right way, not the wrong way." That's how the interview ended. These are kids, not professional athletes. The win at all costs strategy has no place in youth sports.

Well said, and the positive note is this story has us talking. Us 45-55 year olds were the first generation to start our kids this heavily in organized youth sport programs starting at very young ages. The truth is there were not thousands of trained staff ready for the wave of kids entering these sports. The internet didn't boom until 1995-2001 and the medical world has just started documenting injury by sport in the last few years. That data is going to start rolling out and spotlighting some real issues in youth sports that were typically ignored or deemed "normal" by those involved in the sport. I do hope this will have the USASF, gym owners, coaches and parents reaching out to PT's and orthopedist's on the techniques being used on their kids. The day will come where us 45-55 year olds will see first hand what "30 and 40" looks like on our kids and I hope they will be looking back at their youth sport days fondly instead of cursing them daily.

Well said, and the positive note is this story has us talking. Us 45-55 year olds were the first generation to start our kids this heavily in organized youth sport programs starting at very young ages. The truth is there were not thousands of trained staff ready for the wave of kids entering these sports. The internet didn't boom until 1995-2001 and the medical world has just started documenting injury by sport in the last few years. That data is going to start rolling out and spotlighting some real issues in youth sports that were typically ignored or deemed "normal" by those involved in the sport. I do hope this will have the USASF, gym owners, coaches and parents reaching out to PT's and orthopedist's on the techniques being used on their kids. The day will come where us 45-55 year olds will see first hand what "30 and 40" looks like on our kids and I hope they will be looking back at their youth sport days fondly instead of cursing them daily.

Going off of that.. with new advancements in youth injury knowledge, we have seen HUGE declines in youth football and hockey in our state. Cheer is not very big at all in my state, but I can't help but wonder if cheer will face a decline (or already has?) with new information coming out about contact sports and injuries.

Going off of that.. with new advancements in youth injury knowledge, we have seen HUGE declines in youth football and hockey in our state. Cheer is not very big at all in my state, but I can't help but wonder if cheer will face a decline (or already has?) with new information coming out about contact sports and injuries.

I wonder if anyone is tracking these numbers nationwide? I know the local rec organization that littlest is cheering with has seen a significant decrease in football players over the past couple of years even as the economy has bounced back. I was talking with someone who said they have more cheerleaders than football players which I thought was crazy.

I wonder if anyone is tracking these numbers nationwide? I know the local rec organization that littlest is cheering with has seen a significant decrease in football players over the past couple of years even as the economy has bounced back. I was talking with someone who said they have more cheerleaders than football players which I thought was crazy.
Football is definitely on a downslope, but the NFL and the Football Industry as a whole won't make a peep about it.

Lacrosse is a huge sport now across the country, and it was barely a HS sport in the Midwest in the mid 2000s. Countless studies and anecdotal evidence are proving to people everyday that football is very dangerous, especially to developing brains. Just this month alone I have seen evidence through small-mid town teams announcing they plan to forfeit the season because they don't have enough players to field a team. It's wild.

Football is definitely on a downslope, but the NFL and the Football Industry as a whole won't make a peep about it.

Lacrosse is a huge sport now across the country, and it was barely a HS sport in the Midwest in the mid 2000s. Countless studies and anecdotal evidence are proving to people everyday that football is very dangerous, especially to developing brains. Just this month alone I have seen evidence through small-mid town teams announcing they plan to forfeit the season because they don't have enough players to field a team. It's wild.

Wow! Neither of mine play football and this is our first year with the rec organization so I didn't realize how hard they've been hit already. We were at a run in May this year and they have a ton of vendor booths---one in particular was a new Wellness/Sports Rehab type place who was making it a point to talk to parents of kids who were running to say "Hey, we see you, we want to help you, we have an ortho, and sports medicine doctors, and training and regiments aimed at keeping kids healthy and free from overuse injuries." On one hand I was like "Okay, they want our money," which I'm sure is part of it, but I scheduled an appointment for older and was surprised to see how comprehensive they were aiming their facility at kids. We had already consulted doctors and a few others to ensure she wasn't running too much, she was wearing the right shoes for her feet...etc, but we now use them just to keep tabs on her.

I remember seeing articles about injuries in pitchers they don't normally see until adulthood that now youth kids are needing, I don't remember what it's called---something in the elbow---I wonder if baseball is getting hit too.

Wow! Neither of mine play football and this is our first year with the rec organization so I didn't realize how hard they've been hit already. We were at a run in May this year and they have a ton of vendor booths---one in particular was a new Wellness/Sports Rehab type place who was making it a point to talk to parents of kids who were running to say "Hey, we see you, we want to help you, we have an ortho, and sports medicine doctors, and training and regiments aimed at keeping kids healthy and free from overuse injuries." On one hand I was like "Okay, they want our money," which I'm sure is part of it, but I scheduled an appointment for older and was surprised to see how comprehensive they were aiming their facility at kids. We had already consulted doctors and a few others to ensure she wasn't running too much, she was wearing the right shoes for her feet...etc, but we now use them just to keep tabs on her.

I remember seeing articles about injuries in pitchers they don't normally see until adulthood that now youth kids are needing, I don't remember what it's called---something in the elbow---I wonder if baseball is getting hit too.

"Tommy John" elbow, our neighbor's son had ucl reconstructive surgery at 15.

It's a wild world for sure! And all of us are stuck between costs and safety. Ugh.

If he were a new coach with little experience and this happened one time, I could see having an ounce of sympathy for him. But realistically he's been fired before for this very thing and is not a novice coach. He deserves everything he has coming at him, imo.

Boom [emoji95] million shimmies! Regardless of all the other defenses which might be relevant IF the whole story isn't known
(I actually felt sorry for him initially) THIS GUY GOT FIRED FOR THIS ALREADY! That tells me his arrogance and ego were overriding his common sense. Bye bye dude! You shouldn't get 3rd chances when you're just an arrogant jerk. Obviously if something you're doing is so offensive it gets you FIRED.....do NOT DO IT AGAIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I man we look at that and think it's crazy but think of how many ACL surgeries you see in cheer.
ACL injuries have gone up in just about every sport. Mostly a combination of overtraining, poor body mechanics, and unbalanced muscle structure around the knee.
Which the same can be said for Tommy John's. Some of both of those injuries has to do with the huge increase in sport specialization at such young ages.

Back