All-Star Cali Allstars Is Doing All Of Ata Routines 2012-2013 Season!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm excited for ATA this season! I felt there was a little shade being thrown on twitter regarding their gym receiving outside help. But I see nothing wrong with it. I feel it takes a better coaching staff to realize a weakness and accept it rather then pushing in the same direction with the same results. It should be interesting to see a little West Coast flare mixed with some down South swag!!!

I am a personal fan of ATA I competed against them 3 times this year. Neither of us were very consistent this year but day two of worlds they left it all out on the mat! They worked very hard this year and it was a pleasure getting to know the athletes on the team. I am very excited that Cali is doing their choreography they deserve it! A great organization!

I can't say I'm a huge fan of bringing in "big name" outside talent to choreograph routines. Perhaps a better use of money/resources would be to hire a full time choreographer that can help the coaches clean and tweak routines throughout the year.

not a fan of other gyms doing other teams routines. just my thing. i respect in-house choreo so much more. nothing against either gyms, i love them both, i just hate when other coaches who are getting paid to be coaches pay other coaches to make them a routine that is not going to be better than what cali would do for themselves. it's like setting yourself up to have an average routine. who would ever give another team a routine that would be good enough to beat them, on top of that, ata and cali both have teams in similar divisions and will meet at worlds.............................i can see maybe help in one area, but that would be it, be original and do your own stuff.

I am confused...is Cali coming to ATA and choreographing their routines for next season? Or are they performing ATA's routines or what? People are posting saying both of these, which is it lol. I can see how it can be read both ways. I'm very confused at what this thread is actually about.....

Its my understanding that ATA is having Cali do all the choreo for the year.

Seems to have created quite the firestorm with twitter and Facebook all abuzz.

I don't get the issue.

1 it's not a conflict. There are very few gyms that don't have outside help whether it's a little or a lot.
2 I don't know the ATA owners/coaches, or at least don't think so, but maybe they have decided that creative choreography isn't their strength and technique and clean up is. Seems to be a smart move to me.
3 getting Cali to do everything probably lessens the likelihood that they will compete directly until Worlds. They might even have scheduled the year to help ensure that.
4 some of the loudest squalling seems to be coming from people that do choreo for other gyms. Karma would be excellent if their business died up if they are so against this kind of thing
5 so many people are always screaming about how a "small" gym can't get a break or get recognition. Well here's a chance for ATA to get world class choreo which might even help them in try outs (see 4 above) AND give them the basis to do some real damage in competitions.

From what I understand it sounds like a brilliant move and I hope it pays off huge for them!

Best of luck ATA!!!!

I don't understand what the big deal is either. At my previous gym, Jeff McQueen would come in and do our routines. People pay for choreography all the time. Plenty of gyms hire people to come in and do sections of a routine, the whole routine or even just transitions. This isn't exactly earth-shattering news.

For me, ATA had some of the best talent in large coed this year, and it just wasn't utilized as well as it could have been, so I'm more than excited that there will be some outside help to maybe help them along a bit, give them a routine that matches their skill level, etc.
I don't see any issue with gyms helping each other out in this manner, and I don't see why anyone bothers to waste their breath coming on here and saying it's an issue. If neither party feels it's a conflict on their part and both parties have agreed to it, why does it matter to anyone else if they're doing it?

Back