All-Star Cali Coed Worlds Mix

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally believe that cheerleaders are the Most intelligent Fans and athletes out there. When we had CheerSPN in Houston, we had cheerleaders all day and night, from all kinds of cheerleading gyms around Texas, at our studio. All the time. The one thing they new.... was all of the words. Some of the biggest topics here at the Fierceboards are "Favorite Voiceover". I think that speaks for itself. It's the biggest thing in cheerleading music because not everyone can make it sound good. Anyone can download Celine Dion and put in a mix. Producing almost 100% original music for cheerleaders is a lot of hardwork and dedication and I feel that No One else in the World is putting that effort into any other Sport. But we do and I love it. We get to make something that hardly anyone else in the World even understands. It belongs to "US" the cheerleaders that love and support our music. (The BEST) This is similiar to Disney making their own music that sounds like Mainstream "Pop". When I first heard Disney Pop music (Hannah Montana), I thought it was cheesy, but now look at them. They are releasing Hit after Hit! That's where Custom Cheerleading Music is going. The fans will start paying more attention to the music cause it means so much to everyone. Because... It's "OURS". Cheerleaders have their own thing. Not Gymnastics, Not Pole Valting, Not even many Dance Teams have custom music. Everyone is basically limited to what comes out on the Radio and I woke up and asked myself... "Why". If Disney can Do it, so can we.

Personally I don't care for this mix either, too many voiceovers. I only heard two segments of actual music and one was only about 3 seconds long. And are there really that many obsessed fans that learn all the voiceovers and do the judges really care if you(the audience) can sing them?
Cali Coed has more than enough fans that will be screaming the words to their worlds mix. if the crowd can learn ALL of CEA's custom raps & voiceovers, im sure the Cali Fans will do the same. Welcome to the Show...2011 is the start of more voiceovers, custom raps, & some song usage.

I love how everyone thinks Cali is the ONLY team with a lot of voiceovers and such. when in reality id give that crown to F5, TG, & CEA. ;)

CoachKelly said:
Personally I don't care for this mix either, too many voiceovers. I only heard two segments of actual music and one was only about 3 seconds long. And are there really that many obsessed fans that learn all the voiceovers and do the judges really care if you(the audience) can sing them?

Um have you been to Worlds??? 90% of the fans know EVERY SINGLE WORD to these mixes. I think you underestimate the level of dedication & maybe even obsession some of these cheerleaders have with this sport and every aspect of it. IMO I think Chat makes the best music in the business everything from Stars 07 to Cali Coed Worlds.

I personally believe that cheerleaders are the Most intelligent Fans and athletes out there. When we had CheerSPN in Houston, we had cheerleaders all day and night, from all kinds of cheerleading gyms around Texas, at our studio. All the time. The one thing they new.... was all of the words. Some of the biggest topics here at the Fierceboards are "Favorite Voiceover". I think that speaks for itself. It's the biggest thing in cheerleading music because not everyone can make it sound good. Anyone can download Celine Dion and put in a mix. Producing almost 100% original music for cheerleaders is a lot of hardwork and dedication and I feel that No One else in the World is putting that effort into any other Sport. But we do and I love it. We get to make something that hardly anyone else in the World even understands. It belongs to "US" the cheerleaders that love and support our music. (The BEST) This is similiar to Disney making their own music that sounds like Mainstream "Pop". When I first heard Disney Pop music (Hannah Montana), I thought it was cheesy, but now look at them. They are releasing Hit after Hit! That's where Custom Cheerleading Music is going. The fans will start paying more attention to the music cause it means so much to everyone. Because... It's "OURS". Cheerleaders have their own thing. Not Gymnastics, Not Pole Valting, Not even many Dance Teams have custom music. Everyone is basically limited to what comes out on the Radio and I woke up and asked myself... "Why". If Disney can Do it, so can we.

This is what it is about. Not me. It's "OURS" Let's support everyone just like we've been doing. I'm so excited for Cheerleading, but things in our country (USA) aren't getting better fast and this industry could be at risk. We have to stick together and realize we have a part, we all are not gonna agree, but we can all have respect for each other and support this sport. We can do it, just like Disney!

I almost found it irritating...too many voiceovers, not enough music. If that is the new trend in cheer music, it will take me awhile to get used to it.:eek:

Why do I have a new song in my head.... "Do it like Disney, d-d- Do it like Disney" Gonna make that a song! Watch out... I got it... Gonna take Snow White Music and Flip a beat, then make the Hook "Do it like Disney d-d Do it like Disney." hummm... Am I crazy?

I almost found it irritating...too many voiceovers, not enough music. If that is the new trend in cheer music, it will take me awhile to get used to it.:eek:

not a new trend! voiceOVER load started in 09 & gradually became popular this season. a lot of people have gotten use to it & are LOVING/LIVING it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjiOufrYXgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helz9p6OHs4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQwHwrf35W0&feature=related

just some examples of how voiceovers are talking over :)

Don't get me wrong...I love a few well placed sassy voiceovers in a routine but more voiceovers than music is a little much...JMO

I agree. I like when music has a few but super sassy and catchy voiceovers. This mix is good but did seem like it was nonstop voiceovers. I might actually like their previous music from like American Grand better and also agreed that 08 was and is my favorite music that they've had

I think you misunderstand me. VO's aren't totally trendsetting but the original music, those drum beats et al certainly are.

IMO
1. It's the flavor - Cali wanted to represent that in their music . . . and to live up with that musicality would be amazing! Perosnally, that's what i love with Cali! They bring their own individuality and flavor on the floor and no one can argue with that. The kids loved it, the gym loved it . . . that's all that matters! They will totally "Brrrrrrring It!" You all say that this mix has an incredible amount of voiceovers and raps. .. but guess what? all teams do . . . but what Chat brings to the table is something revolutionary that even cheer music producers who been here for years [even way before Chat] find it difficult to do and accomplish. Let us not start arguing over music . . . coz if they have this smokin hot mix with a lot of custom raps and mind-blowing messages in voiceovers . . . that's up to Cali Coed to give it to you and it will be served fresh [fo sho]

2. Songs over Raps/Voiceovers - gyms and coaches would always want their team/s to be "different" and a crowd standout . . . that's up to them . . .whether they grace it with difficult stunts or hardcore pyramid or crazy tumbling or a weird dance section . . Cali already has a factory of talent . . and they chose to be different with music. . . Now, i dunno, "a lot of Nicki Minaj this year" or "Kesha's on every cheer mix this year" or "that rap from Snoop should really retire" - those are a lot of complains from the fans . . . but the song-choosing part is like the dress-choosing part when you go to Grammy's and there aren't enough songs to choose from given the number of teams the U.S. have for Cheerleading . . . a lot of teams tried to do weird songs to fit in cheer mixes but came out odd to listen . . . so the rap/voiceover incorporation would totally be something . . .

3. Music Transitions - come on guys! if you attempted to do a cheer mix . . you would know that without voiceovers or rap . . .transition from one song to another is extremely difficult to accomplish . . . Trust.Me.When.I.Tell.You.That!

4. Chat - people. . let's give Chat some credit! Enough said . . .that mix surely was a lot of hardwork . . . !

Let me finish by saying, If you want more songs, that's fine . . . but don't start by saying . . . "Cali always has a lot of voiceovers in their mixes and now it's too much" . . . . coz bliv me . . .after 2008's Cali mix?? What happened to all the cheer mixes?? Everyone's attempting to do voiceovers. . . and there are plenty of mixes with odd voiceovers . . those are the mixes that are "toooooo much" . . . . and please. . . you would listen to the mix and it sounds like it's a complete 2:29 song . . . you just know that it has Cali's flavor in it . . . the variation of the voiceovers is highly commendable compared to other mixes with voiceovers just being plainly said . . .

Lastly, since this mix came out . . .oh im sure some people would come in this thread and say "after listening to it a couple of times, i can't stop listening to it now" . . . and then everyone can sing along . . . lol . . . i just don't get why everyone would want to sing along with a mix . . . A bangin' mix + routine hit = WORLD CHAMPIONS!

3. Music Transitions - come on guys! if you attempted to do a cheer mix . . you would know that without voiceovers or rap . . .transition from one song to another is extremely difficult to accomplish . . . Trust.Me.When.I.Tell.You.That!

Please listen to Stingrays Orange music....transitions are flawless without anything other than a cheer and the occasional R-A-Y-S.

Back