All-Star California Allstars Expectations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought this was a great rule. Like many have said, it puts the parents in charge. I coach 8-12 y/o and when they arrive late/doesn't show (and we hear from their friends that they are sick) we always get mad at the athlete. In the end it's the parents fault. And we have very often kids forgetting their shoes :p

Wait I'm sorry but how do you come to practice without cheer shoes?! To me that's like leaving the house with underwear on: it's a must!
Some people don't like to tumble with shoes on. I know a bunch of girls who do this and it makes no sense to me, since you have to wear them to compete anyway!
ETA: Ive also forgotten my shoes before... Like when i come straight from school or some other activity :oops: although it's more often a hair tie but I've forgotten shoes a couple times

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've seen a variety of kids who either forget their shoes or don't like to tumble in them so they don't always remember to bring them. Several of them have a gymnastics background (who don't tumble in shoes so I get it) but shoeless stunting is no bueno.

I hate wearing shoes to practice. I don't tumble or fly I just like the way the mat feels on my feet and I think it makes my jumps higher. Not that that helps any at competition :p

I personally love the shoes rule. If you find tumbling and jumping in shoes more difficult, well you're not getting used to it and better at it by not wearing them. And it's a matter of safety too, I know it sounds unlikely but you really can fold your foot over while basing and break your foot. There's a reason we compete in shoes, why wouldn't you have to practice in them too!

I understand the idea of fining for not being on time but I work downtown (Chicago) and I take the train and there was a time that my train broke down on the way home and it was before my cp drove and we didn't have anyone that lived near us so she had to call the front desk to give them the heads up that she was going to be late. We live an hour away in traffic as well so it's stressful enough for me if my train is late or when you hit alot of traffic. Some things are out of my control and I can only do so much. So maybe if after 3 times late you add some type of fee but $25 would still be hard to handle after paying for the all star fees, plus all of the costs when you go to a competition, dvds, etc. It all adds up.

I think it is a great idea, in theory, as long as it is actually stuck to.

We as parents pay too much and our children (and us) invest too much time and hard work for kids to miss practices, show up late, not bring shoes etc.

Yes, the fines would suck, BUT I would guess it would surely make people try harder to get to practice on time. I see people stroll into CPs practices all the time, 20 minutes late, McDonalds cup in hand, not dressed, walking in like they are 10 minutes early.

I bet if that Mom knew she was going to be charged she would NOT have stopped at McDonalds, CP would have dressed in car AND RAN into practice.

It is all about commitment, in our house it is a FAMILY commitment, CP is commitment as are my husband and I. If one of us is stuck in traffic or something similiar, the other takes CP. We are an hour away from our gym, so it is hard to ask a neighbor/family member/teammate to be our "back up" plan, but, if someone is in a situation where it is known that CP is going to consistently be late, then maybe a fine would encourage a back up plan.

When one girl is late, the whole team suffers, at the very least there are 3 other girls that can not build....

If any of my kids ever showed up without shoes then they had to have someone bring them or they didn't practice and got an unexcused absence. We compete in shoes.....you bet we practice in shoes. No one ever showed up with absolutely no shoes but this rule applied to not having cheerleading sneakers too. As far as consistently being late? If a child absolutely could not be on time almost 99% of the time then they were removed from my team. I understand things happen but you are not going to hold up my whole practice every other time and stay on my team. Tough, I know, but thats just how it is especially since I had a small gym and small team where we couldn't just have someone stand in ( not that someone else doing your part helps when that's not the athlete competing in that position)

No no no, this is just ridiculous. Conditioning, yes. Monetary punishment, no bueno. Makes them sound kinda greedy. IMO

I hate the "I forgot" excuse or the "My mom didn't pack them" excuse...Put your big girl pants on and take responsibility as an athlete! You don't think a football player forgets his helmet or a hockey player forgets his stick...So why should shoes be an exception in our sport. HaHa! Being a former hockey player, if something was left at home, You bought that piece of equipment from the pro-shop before you stepped on the ice, and that equipment is not cheap! Could you imagine buy a new pair of infinity's or varsity shoe every time your CP forgot them....Food for though! So I feel that 25$ fine is totally cool! Make these kids responsible young people!

Back