All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would flights be better tomorrow? I know it's last minute, but shouldn't it have blown through by then? Or could you drive to a 'clear' airport and go there?

If anyone cuts through NC for Cheersport, the police are still encouraging people not to go out and drive. At least in the Triad area, they are encouraging not to go drive.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
That's gonna change shortly. The sun is out in Charlotte, it's above freezing and the snow is falling off the trees already. My guess is anyone driving through on interstates tomorrow is probably going to be okay. That's the one thing about snow in the South. The ground isn't frozen when it falls so as soon as the sun comes out and the weather gets above freezing it melts fast.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Or the fact that there's a house on my walk to the subway that hasn't cleared the sidewalk in 2 weeks, which is now a completely unsafe 4 inch ice sheet for a good 10 feet long.

I loathe these people. Like... I physically hate them. I have like 7 or 8 of them between my house and the train that literally don't clear their walks all winter. So it's snow that gets walked on, melts, re-freezes into a bumpy treacherous ice blob, then it snows on top of that. Uuuuuuggghhh! I've nearly broken my neck a dozen times. I would call the city to complain (don't know about NYC, but in Chicago it's a $50 fine for not clearing public walkways in front of your property), but since the city hasn't plowed in about a month and has cleared the sidewalk by the park ONCE... I'm guessing they're not enforcing that this year. :confused:

I. Hate. Chicago. :mad:
#EndRant

I loathe these people. Like... I physically hate them. I have like 7 or 8 of them between my house and the train that literally don't clear their walks all winter. So it's snow that gets walked on, melts, re-freezes into a bumpy treacherous ice blob, then it snows on top of that. Uuuuuuggghhh! I've nearly broken my neck a dozen times. I would call the city to complain (don't know about NYC, but in Chicago it's a $50 fine for not clearing public walkways in front of your property), but since the city hasn't plowed in about a month and has cleared the sidewalk by the park ONCE... I'm guessing they're not enforcing that this year. :confused:

I. Hate. Chicago. :mad:
#EndRant

I'm tempted to. It's SERIOUSLY a safety hazard, and it's really the only walk way in my route that's a problem. NYC is actually pretty good about complaints like that- 311 was a gift when my landlord wasn't solving my heat/hot water problem.

That's gonna change shortly. The sun is out in Charlotte, it's above freezing and the snow is falling off the trees already. My guess is anyone driving through on interstates tomorrow is probably going to be okay. That's the one thing about snow in the South. The ground isn't frozen when it falls so as soon as the sun comes out and the weather gets above freezing it melts fast.

I'm jealous. We just got word our airport is back open (Fayetteville) but there's big white flurries flying down outside right now. :(

That's probably it's dying breath. Did that here too. Snowball size huge fluffy flakes (it was really pretty) and 20 minutes later....sunshine. That was only maybe an hour ago and all the trees are clear already. Probably have 10-11 inches on the ground in total.

What happens with the cancelled rooms? Does the housing company charge you anyway or is that directly thru the hotel?

Would flights be better tomorrow? I know it's last minute, but shouldn't it have blown through by then? Or could you drive to a 'clear' airport and go there?

I think flights will be fine tomorrow, but with all the cancelled flights, there isn't really anything open tomorrow.

What happens with the cancelled rooms? Does the housing company charge you anyway or is that directly thru the hotel?

When they had to postpone SpiritFest last year, I believe the travel agent called and cancelled our rooms for us. I called the hotel too just to make sure. I wasn't charged.

But I don't know how it works with Stay to Play.

I can't even begin to say how saddened I am that so many teams have had to scratch Cheersport because of this. I've so looked forward to meeting @NJ Coach at this event.
I'm still looking forward to going and making some great memories but I'm bummed this isn't happening. We were even scheduled back to back in the warm up room---how convenient was that for a meet up?!

Back