All-Star Change Of Small Gym To 125 Or Less

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
" “DIVISION II” (formerly Small Gym divisions)
A “Division II” gym is defined as having one physical address for its location and has 125 or less athletes registered in its competitive cheer program at the time of competition. Exhibition teams, crossover athletes, special needs teams and dance teams do not count toward the 125 or less athletes. “Prep” athletes are counted toward the 125 athletes are less. It is up to the event producer’s discretion as to how to monitor this.
Divisions that are designated as “Division II” must use the definition of “Division II” listed above. "

Does anyone know what gyms this will change? I am curious what previously "large gyms" will now be considered Division II/Small gym.

Doesn't this mean that the smaller locations of big gyms can be considered small?

Good question. I am not sure, it says "having one physical address ", but I have been told there are ways around this such as using different tax ID numbers for each location.

Technically any gym that has more than one location isn't small. Our gym has 2 locations, but would be small gym if the two were separate. They are over 50 miles apart and don't share any athletes, but according to the rules are considered one gym.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am aware of a gym that had more than 1 location last season and was able to go small because of different tax ID numbers for each location.

Isn't that technically cheating? I thought the idea was that any gym with more than one location wasn't supposed to compete in small gym.

I agree with you. We are not part of that gym. Unfortunately, people are good at finding loop holes.

" “DIVISION II” (formerly Small Gym divisions)
A “Division II” gym is defined as having one physical address for its location and has 125 or less athletes registered in its competitive cheer program at the time of competition. Exhibition teams, crossover athletes, special needs teams and dance teams do not count toward the 125 or less athletes. “Prep” athletes are counted toward the 125 athletes are less. It is up to the event producer’s discretion as to how to monitor this.
Divisions that are designated as “Division II” must use the definition of “Division II” listed above. "

Does anyone know what gyms this will change? I am curious what previously "large gyms" will now be considered Division II/Small gym.
We were considered large gym last season but by this definition we would of likely been considered small (borderline)

However this year we will be way over this so we still wouldn't fit this category now. I'm happy because I would of not of been happy competing small gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our location fit under "Small Gym" as far as the number of athletes at our location last season but we competed as a large gym because we are part of a larger company/gym. No trying to cheat the system here. If we say we are one big gym and family, then that is how we compete.

We were considered large gym last season but by this definition we would of likely been considered small (borderline)

However this year we will be way over this so we still wouldn't fit this category now. I'm happy because I would of not of been happy competing small gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you're required to compete small gym if you fit in that category, I believe it's just an option. And something tells me your coaches/owner wouldn't want you guys competing in small gym either ;)

Isn't that technically cheating? I thought the idea was that any gym with more than one location wasn't supposed to compete in small gym.

If they don't cross compete among locations, I don't see a problem with that.

I still think the easiest way to do all of this is to have a "World division" and a "National Division" for gyms and let every gym self-select at the start of the season. Only "Worlds" gyms are eligible for Worlds bids. Divisions are split when numbers warrant it.

You either want to go against the (typically) strongest gyms in the country or you don't. You shouldn't get to cherry pick by division or competition. No counting athletes or trying to keep up with Tax IDs, etc.

Back