All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why are panthers now leaning towards medium?

NOTE: I do not coach that team, so I am kind of guessing/assuming what their reasons are.

It is a better fit for the athletes. 30 gives you 2 roster spots that don't have to be involved in the stunts to reach the top range of stunt difficulty (7x4=28). With 36 (9x4=36), you have to use every person (or do "2 mans") to get to the same stunt range. Keeping it at 30 also lets a bigger portion of the athletes be Panther veterans. Going 36 would mean that over half of the team was new to Panthers. The "new" 6 that would be added on would likely be primarily L5 athletes who are new to CA this season.

Please settle a question - is Jags small Junior Coed or Large? I've read so many different news.

Are you coaching this year Jody? and If so what teams? and Would it be to much to ask to ask with 20 teams this year who coaches what teams?

Are you coaching this year Jody? and If so what teams? and Would it be to much to ask to ask with 20 teams this year who coaches what teams?

Wildcats, Cheetahs, Tigers, & Thundercats

There are well over 50 coaching assignmens total, too many to name from memory.

I saw on Facebook that there will be try outs for a coed level 6 team...is this in addition to all girl, or are y'all going coed?

There has been talk of an additional Open Coed 6, but that isn't our focus at the moment. Josh Rangel is looking into the possibility of getting that going.

Note: That division is notorious for being incredibly frustrating to coach and impossible to do without losing a tremendous amount of money - not to mention that you now get to compete against college teams that get to practice 20 times as much as you do.

I saw some had asked about the competition schedule. Here it is and if BlueCat does not want it up then just let me know.

Spirit Celebration�Denton�November 12-13
Cheer America Regionals�Denton��November 20
Christmas Classic� �����Garland ��������December 10-11
ACA Nationals ������Fort Worth�January 15-16
Cheer America Nationals�HoustonFebruary 3-5 �(No IBK's)
NCA All-Star NationalsDallas���������February 25-26
Spirit Celebration Nationals��Denton �������� March 3-4
IBK's - we have decided not to take IBK's to Houston this year

Some teams will be going to Atlanta in March. I just don't have the list of which teams those are.

There has been talk of an additional Open Coed 6, but that isn't our focus at the moment. Josh Rangel is looking into the possibility of getting that going.

Note: That division is notorious for being incredibly frustrating to coach and impossible to do without losing a tremendous amount of money - not to mention that you now get to compete against college teams that get to practice 20 times as much as you do.

After reading your responses here, if you were in my area I would jump on that in a heartbeat!

i'm so excited for the IAG6, i think the last time you have a team in that division was way back 2006, fiercekatz? i can be wrong though

Back