All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There has been talk of an additional Open Coed 6, but that isn't our focus at the moment. Josh Rangel is looking into the possibility of getting that going.

Note: That division is notorious for being incredibly frustrating to coach and impossible to do without losing a tremendous amount of money - not to mention that you now get to compete against college teams that get to practice 20 times as much as you do.

This made me laugh. I feel your pain.

By the way, we are getting really excited about the progress of our dance program!

It makes me wish more than ever that dance and cheer Worlds we on different weekends so athletes could do both. Several of our dancers would make great cheer athletes and vice/versa.

Well, due to numerous requests, we are going to have tryouts for Open Coed 6 at CA from 11-1 Sunday, August 7. If there is enough interest/dedication, it looks like it will be a go. NOTE: There will be some expense involved for the athletes. For more information, email [email protected].

1.If you could bring back one former CA athlete (boy and girl) ok 2 former athletes to be on senior 5 who would they be?
I assume you mean kids that are NOT currently on a team and you mean "when they were in their prime". Incredibly difficult to narrow it down, but off of the top of my head, I'd say:

(I'll pick by category)

1. dance/performance - Makenzi Swicegood
2. tumbling - Tye Hill or Kali Riney
3. stunts - Olivia Brunk
4. jumps - Matt McGrath
5. baskets - Nicole Grazier

#2-5 are close calls over several other fantastic athletes. #1 was easy.

Back