All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was really impressed that practice is 3.5 hours a week at CA. That is amazing for the quality of teams that CA consistently puts out! You explained that CA practices are maybe just a little more efficient then most. Can you share how you make that happen for your level 5 teams? How is it broken down as far as, conditioning, stunting, tumbling etc...

I was really impressed that practice is 3.5 hours a week at CA. That is amazing for the quality of teams that CA consistently puts out! You explained that CA practices are maybe just a little more efficient then most. Can you share how you make that happen for your level 5 teams? How is it broken down as far as, conditioning, stunting, tumbling etc...

Bummer I should have posed this question as a rumor...maybe you can humor me and answer any way? ;)

It is different depending on the time of year and the teams' needs. There isn't a specific formula or ratio for practices that teams must follow.

It is different depending on the time of year and the teams' needs. There isn't a specific formula or ratio for practices that teams must follow.

I really really wanted your secret formula....like really. :)

If you could meet your 10 years younger self and give them advice (both as an athlete and a coach), what would you tell them? I'm always curious as to the advice people would impart looking back. Doesn't have to be trade secrets or anything, just stuff you wish you'd known sooner.

If you could meet your 10 years younger self and give them advice (both as an athlete and a coach), what would you tell them? I'm always curious as to the advice people would impart looking back. Doesn't have to be trade secrets or anything, just stuff you wish you'd known sooner.

1. The key to long term success is creating a positive environment, not winning.
2. Winning competitions has MUCH less effect on profitability than people think.
3. Going into business deals on a handshake does not always work out well.
4. Open, honest communication is almost always more effective in the long run than trying to control and limit how much customers and competitors know.
5. Only hire coaches who you feel have a strong moral character and an excitement for their job.
6. If there are consistent negative, troublemaker parents, it doesn't matter how talented their kid is, you are better off without them being a part of your program. They will run more customers off than you know.
7. Stay on top of account receivable and don't let anyone run up a drive balance without making them sit out.
8. Working 60+ hour weeks is NOT good for your business in the long run.
9. You must have an office manager at you trust completely.
10. Buy lots of Apple stock.

Can I finally meet BlueCat at Worlds? Can I get his autograph? Will his autograph be a blue paw print? I did hear a rumor that it was..

Back