All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wonder how former cheerleaders are as parents in the gym. There tends to be a lot of helicopter parents who think they know best for their child, but have no actually cheering experience of their own (save maybe some limited sideline cheering back in the day). I wonder if former all-star cheerleaders are better at trusting the coaches (maybe their former coaches!) to know what's best for their child.
Typically, parents who actually DO know what they are talking about (former coaches, athletes, NCA staff, gym owners, etc) are usually the ones who LEAST act like they know everything. They almost always leave the coaching to the coaches. Almost always, the more a parent actually knows about the sport, the fewer issues we have with them.

I wonder about former coaches. I have no idea if my daughter wants to cheer or not (she is only 2 1/2) but I think would be less concerned with her winning and more concerned with her having fun and not being the worst one (can't really control who is the best... but do my darndest to to make sure she wasn't the worst! hah)

I wonder about former coaches. I have no idea if my daughter wants to cheer or not (she is only 2 1/2) but I think would be less concerned with her winning and more concerned with her having fun and not being the worst one (can't really control who is the best... but do my darndest to to make sure she wasn't the worst! hah)

Private lessons at home! Think of all the money you could save!

Private lessons at home! Think of all the money you could save!

(sorry BlueCat if this is a small hijack)
Coaching my daughter just isn't appealing to me. I hopefully will never half to on a team... and private lessons at home outside of the normal classes at the gym I think would be my limit. I am always curious how other people do it (coach their kid). Yes money would be saved but it also means you take the gym home with you everyday. It is hard to leave bad days at the gym.

That was me - but it made sense in the context of the discussion and to whom I was replying!

It made total sense. And she was not even talking to, or about me, when she posted it. I bout fell off my chair laughing when I first red it and I'm still giggling today!!

Talk about ancient........a young lady posted in another thread the other day:
"The internet was sure different when I was young."
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Internet?? I could have never dreamed of internet!! But I remember the day (I was in 10th grade) we got cable installed!!! :D

"I can't imagine what it was like before Facebook was invented - you must have just had to text everyone all the time."

"Did you have an IPhone in high school?"
"No, Apple hadn't started making cell phones yet"
"What did they make before cell phones?"

"Sometimes, I like listening to the old-school greats like Elvis, the Beatles, & Axl Rose."

Most painful:
"What does that big A stand for on your sweatshirt?"
"Abercrombie"
"Like Abercrombie & Fitch?"
"Yes"
"Oh, I didn't know they made old-people clothes, too."

"I can't imagine what it was like before Facebook was invented - you must have just had to text everyone all the time."

"Sometimes, I like listening to the old-school greats like Elvis, the Beatles, & Axl Rose"

"Did you have an IPhone in high school?"
"No, Apple hadn't started making cell phones yet"
"What did they make before cell phones?"

Most painful:
"Abercrombie"
"Yes"

HAHAHA!! I remember walking around a night club with my BFF listening to Travis Tritts song "Here's a quater, call someone who cares". I remember telling her, by the time we have kids old enough to use the phone, it will be wayyyyy more than a quarter. She laughed and said, our kids will sure get a kick out of that song.

Little did we know!!

"Abercrombie"
"Yes"

This was one of the young athletes I coached. She innocently managed in one sentence to get me in about 5 different ways. As you may have guessed - I never wore that sweatshirt again.

BlueCat

If any of the CA teams were in the situation of being able to come to the UK as part of the majors would you come? Say if the situation from last year was sorted out AND the full paid travel/hotel award was properly in action? Because seeing anyone from CA would be an utter dream.

:cheerathletics:

BlueCat

If any of the CA teams were in the situation of being able to come to the UK as part of the majors would you come? Say if the situation from last year was sorted out AND the full paid travel/hotel award was properly in action? Because seeing anyone from CA would be an utter dream.

:cheerathletics:
Had the trip been fully paid (which was our initial understanding) we would absolutely have gone on the trip.

There aren't minimum tumbling requirements to be on any particular team. Team selections are based on a wide range of skills, not just tumbling ability. The 36 (or 32, 24, or 20 . . .) athletes that make the best team are selected. Individual strengths/abilities may vary. The goal is to have the best team, not necessarily the strongest 36 tumblers.

That being said, L5 athletes who do not have strong tumbling typically are VERY strong in other areas and contribute something fairly rare (exceptional flying/basing ability, veteran leadership, etc.)
And this is why Cheer Athletics has so many world titles..

Back