All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got this one for u... I'm not from there but to be on ca. U need an 8 pack at least and must have a million dollar smile with crazy cool eyes

What are the min. Tumbling requirements for your level 5 teams?

There aren't minimum tumbling requirements to be on any particular team. Team selections are based on a wide range of skills, not just tumbling ability. The 36 (or 32, 24, or 20 . . .) athletes that make the best team are selected. Individual strengths/abilities may vary. The goal is to have the best team, not necessarily the strongest 36 tumblers.

That being said, L5 athletes who do not have strong tumbling typically are VERY strong in other areas and contribute something fairly rare (exceptional flying/basing ability, veteran leadership, etc.)

First I want to say that I'm very excited that my CP will be attending SuperCAmp this summer!! There is no possible way to even entertain the thought of a move closer to you for her to try out. So getting the opportunity to at least have that week long training is a blessing!!

The rumor I am curious about is this: Do you monitor your athletes social media?
Last year (I think) my CP was telling me how one of your athletes decided to leave and go to another gym. According to her, the CA coaches (or some reps) were litterally stalking Twitter and FB. She said they would occasionally tweet a warning to their current athletes to "not badmouth this young lady, she will always be a part of the CA family".

If this is basically how that happened, I have to say that you, your program, and your coaches are an inspiration. Believe it or not, I can't even get my CP's 2A high school to put any social media policy in effect. They say nobody has time to monitor all the athletes. I am really trying to get them to change that. I have seen posts about alcohol, drugs (one or two), sex, and badmouthing of teammates. My CP was on the recieving end of out right bullying through Instagram and Twitter (I contacted parents and it was handled). Not to mention all the younger kids that look up to these girls and boys.

Even if this 'rumor' is not true, you run an incredible program! Congratulations on all your success and best wishes for the future!!

FYI - My CP calls your facilities "The Royal Palace Of Cheerleading" ;)

First I want to say that I'm very excited that my CP will be attending SuperCAmp this summer!! There is no possible way to even entertain the thought of a move closer to you for her to try out. So getting the opportunity to at least have that week long training is a blessing!!

The rumor I am curious about is this: Do you monitor your athletes social media?
Last year (I think) my CP was telling me how one of your athletes decided to leave and go to another gym. According to her, the CA coaches (or some reps) were litterally stalking Twitter and FB. She said they would occasionally tweet a warning to their current athletes to "not badmouth this young lady, she will always be a part of the CA family".

If this is basically how that happened, I have to say that you, your program, and your coaches are an inspiration. Believe it or not, I can't even get my CP's 2A high school to put any social media policy in effect. They say nobody has time to monitor all the athletes. I am really trying to get them to change that. I have seen posts about alcohol, drugs (one or two), sex, and badmouthing of teammates. My CP was on the recieving end of out right bullying through Instagram and Twitter (I contacted parents and it was handled). Not to mention all the younger kids that look up to these girls and boys.

Even if this 'rumor' is not true, you run an incredible program! Congratulations on all your success and best wishes for the future!!

FYI - My CP calls your facilities "The Royal Palace Of Cheerleading" ;)

We do have a policy about how our athletes represent themselves and the program on social media. However, it is impossible to see every tweet/post/etc that every athlete or parent makes. Most of the time, the OTHER athletes in the program will keep each other in check more quickly than the coaches do. The worst cases we do deal with directly.

Regarding athletes leaving other programs - it happens. We get a large number of athletes who come from other gyms, but we also have a few that leave CA to go other places. It can be difficult not to take that personally, but no program, even ours, is a perfect fit for every single athlete. There are many other great gyms in our area with great coaches. Sometimes, athletes' personalities or even skill sets simply fit better in a different system.

I am always baffled when coaches bash the athletes who leave their program. On top of all of the normal reasons why responsible adults don't trash talk children or teenagers, it is a terrible business decision. I would guess around 50% of the athletes who leave our gym for another return after a year or two. If we had trashed those athletes for leaving, they never would set foot in our gym again.

I am always baffled when coaches bash the athletes who leave their program. On top of all of the normal reasons why responsible adults don't trash talk children or teenagers, it is a terrible business decision. I would guess around 50% of the athletes who leave our gym for another return after a year or two. If we had trashed those athletes for leaving, they never would set foot in our gym again.

Do you remember Russell & Lindsey Miller? I believe they cheer for your program Boy if you leave their gym, especially if your one of the more talented athletes, they will bash you up one side and down another.....even if you were BFF's with them the day before!! They freely admit the only gym they won't keep athletes from transferring to is Cheer Athletics.....and if you get accepted there, they will help you move!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

Do you remember Russell & Lindsey Miller? I believe they cheer for your program Boy if you leave their gym, especially if your one of the more talented athletes, they will bash you up one side and down another.....even if you were BFF's with them the day before!! They freely admit the only gym they won't keep athletes from transferring to is Cheer Athletics.....and if you get accepted there, they will help you move!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

unnecessary

It is a common occurrence at Rays as well. I was in the gym last night and noticed some athletes who had left at the beginning of the year because they were not satisfied with tryouts or how something went (IDK which). They left, went to another program, then came back. No bashing necessary. If you have a good product and don't let your athletes hurt your feelings when they leave they will come back.

Do you remember Russell & Lindsey Miller?

Yes. They were Wildcats back in the day. We have now had several married couples who both cheered for CA. We also now have some second-generation athletes. (athletes whose parents were also on teams) That is really cool - even though it makes me feel ancient.

Yes. They were Wildcats back in the day. We have now had several married couples who both cheered for CA. We also now have some second-generation athletes. (athletes whose parents were also on teams) That is really cool - even though it makes me feel ancient.

I wonder how former cheerleaders are as parents in the gym. There tends to be a lot of helicopter parents who think they know best for their child, but have no actually cheering experience of their own (save maybe some limited sideline cheering back in the day). I wonder if former all-star cheerleaders are better at trusting the coaches (maybe their former coaches!) to know what's best for their child.

I wonder how former cheerleaders are as parents in the gym. There tends to be a lot of helicopter parents who think they know best for their child, but have no actually cheering experience of their own (save maybe some limited sideline cheering back in the day). I wonder if former all-star cheerleaders are better at trusting the coaches (maybe their former coaches!) to know what's best for their child.

Typically, parents who actually DO know what they are talking about (former coaches, athletes, NCA staff, gym owners, etc) are usually the ones who LEAST act like they know everything. They almost always leave the coaching to the coaches. Almost always, the more a parent actually knows about the sport, the fewer issues we have with them.

Talk about ancient........a young lady posted in another thread the other day:
"The internet was sure different when I was young."
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Internet?? I could have never dreamed of internet!! But I remember the day (I was in 10th grade) we got cable installed!!! :D

That was me - but it made sense in the context of the discussion and to whom I was replying!

Back