All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Given recent events on social media, do you ever do anything to stop the anons that use your gym/team name/logo/athlete photos in their avatars, screennames, etc.?

Given recent events on social media, do you ever do anything to stop the anons that use your gym/team name/logo/athlete photos in their avatars, screennames, etc.?

Truthfully, I'm not sure which "recent events" you are talking about. For better or worse, I tend to not get very worked up about the latest social media goings-on.

As a general statement, it is already an overwhelming job to try to monitor the thousands of individuals (parents/athletes/coaches) who are actually currently involved with the program. Add in all of the class athletes/alumni/fans/fakes/anons/etc and it simply isn't realistic to even see all of those tweets/posts/etc, much less "police" them.

There are many times I wish teenagers or children were smarter, more mature, and never made mistakes. However, the reality is that regardless of the lessons we try to teach, kids sometimes do regrettable or unwise things. There are also times I wish people wouldn't get so easily rattled when someone (anonymous or otherwise) says something negative about them. (I suppose that is easy for me to say when it isn't about me or my organization.) I've learned that you often bring more attention and credibility to a situation by publicly reacting to it than if you just turned the other cheek. That isn't ALWAYS true, but it usually is.

If there is some social media situation that needs my attention, please let me know.

Last edited:
If there is some social media situation that needs my attention, please let me know.

Need and need, I would look at it if I were you, and then make up your mind. There's a lot of anons being nasty on twitter, CSP snapped, anons keep provoking, and so on. Some have been identified, some I guess are still unknown. But they have names involving babs, panthers, ca and such, also pictures of athletes from ca.

Need and need, I would look at it if I were you, and then make up your mind. There's a lot of anons being nasty on twitter, CSP snapped, anons keep provoking, and so on. Some have been identified, some I guess are still unknown. But they have names involving babs, panthers, ca and such, also pictures of athletes from ca.

Snapped

How do you know who those accounts are? An immature, hateful person can quite literally claim to be anyone, put any picture they want up as their profile, then say anything they want about anyone. They make the program they "represent" look bad while trying to slam a different program. Perhaps worse, why would anyone even listen to/follow accounts like that? Retweeting/discussing/arguing/etc. just gives those brats the attention they crave.

Any coach or professional out there - if you have some PROOF that one of those type accounts is one of our athletes, rather than engaging them and giving them power, let me/us know. We will shut them down quickly. Trust me, they will regret their immaturity. The PROOF part is important, however. Also, anonymous tips are usually looked at eventually, but they aren't given nearly the credibility or urgency of someone standing behind their accusation.

Last edited:

Apparently she is reporting cheer twitter accounts unless they delete information regarding her and her teams. Atleast thats what I picked up from it. One account in particular and in all honesty I wouldnt even entertain the accounts and just block.

Apparently she is reporting cheer twitter accounts unless they delete information regarding her and her teams. Atleast thats what I picked up from it. One account in particular and in all honesty I wouldnt even entertain the accounts and just block.

A few weeks ago they (the anon accounts) were picking on a minor, related to the owners, on WCSS. It was stopped but with class. What CSP is doing is embarrassing- for the sport, her family, all of us.

A few weeks ago they (the anon accounts) were picking on a minor, related to the owners, on WCSS. It was stopped but with class. What CSP is doing is embarrassing- for the sport, her family, all of us.
Not to derail this thread at all can you please elaborate on how wcss stopped it?

To keep this thread on track maybe posting this in the thread already discussing these anon would be best.

**Please, when making an anon cheerbash account, use your real name and ph # to avoid being outed**

It might have been more useful to private message Bluecat rather than to put it on blast here and make more drama by make all of fb aware of what is happening. I had no clue til this.

It might have been more useful to private message Bluecat rather than to put it on blast here and make more drama by make all of fb aware of what is happening. I had no clue til this.
It was already posted about in the random thread multiple times, as well as had other threads started on it. The poop hit the fan on this two days ago so I would assume it would be fair game to talk about.

It wasn't meant to cause drama in any way, so my apologies if it was taken that way. This thread was created by Bluecat and the original post states to ask ANY question. I thought the topic was relevant, particularly since nearly all of the anon twitters that are spewing lies and hate have his gym associated with them, and they are therefore representing CA whether they are affiliated with the gym or not.

Back