All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The "paid" trip to Europe was not nearly as "paid" as we initially thought. It is a matter for the parents to decide if they want to fundraise/write a check to cover the balance of the cost of the trip. The amount JAM is/was giving would be about 1/3 of the total cost for just hotel/airfare. It would be a neat trip, but covering the majority of the cost ourselves was not something we were expecting to have to deal with.

There are so many things I could say about this and yet you handled with a lot more dignity than I would have. I could not be more disappointed in JamBrands and what they misrepresented to these kids that their prize was going to be!!!

I heard that 2million athletes just tried out at CA and 1million as flyers???? JK
What were the real numbers?

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to give specific numbers + people are still coming in for late tryouts. Let's just say that we have been searching left and right for new cat names & at least 20% increase over last year.

On that note, if anyone is thinking about trying out, doing so over the next couple of days would dramatically increase your chance of making it. We may end up with a waiting list again this year, so "taking some time off" and waiting is much more risky than it used to be. We will make teams based on those who have tried out and not typically leave open spots.

There are so many things I could say about this and yet you handled with a lot more dignity than I would have. I could not be more disappointed in JamBrands and what they misrepresented to these kids that their prize was going to be!!!

The saddest part to me was that pretty much everything else about the event was great. I had high hopes for the future of the format.

The saddest part to me was that pretty much everything else about the event was great. I had high hopes for the future of the format.

I did too. Highly highly surprised that this whole topic was a non topic on this board. I mean these kids talk about EVERYTHING and this is a valid stinky mess and yet, nothing. (shrug)

I did too. Highly highly surprised that this whole topic was a non topic on this board. I mean these kids talk about EVERYTHING and this is a valid stinky mess and yet, nothing. (shrug)

I tried bringing it up once and it seemed to just be looked over by most. I even brought it back up when the new rules came out a month or so ago and people were saying to just go to Majors, sure if Jamfest could keep promises. I really feel bad for the two team who won.

Don't want to give specific numbers + people are still coming in for late tryouts. Let's just say that we have been searching left and right for new cat names & at least 20% increase over last year.

On that note, if anyone is thinking about trying out, doing so over the next couple of days would dramatically increase your chance of making it. We may end up with a waiting list again this year, so "taking some time off" and waiting is much more risky than it used to be. We will make teams based on those who have tried out and not typically leave open spots.

Really looking forward and can't wait to see all the incredible CA teams next season!!!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried bringing it up once and it seemed to just be looked over by most. I even brought it back up when the new rules came out a month or so ago and people were saying to just go to Majors, sure if Jamfest could keep promises. I really feel bad for the two team who won.

I wish I had seen where you brought it up because I would have had plenty to say. (Or maybe that was a good thing IDK) The prize was misrepresented to all the teams who competed at the Major's. JamBrand's did market it as a free trip to JamFest in Liverpool. Our team got $20k toward the trip and I think Panther's being medium got $15K. I don't have a calculator handy but that's just a smidge over $500 per kid for a trip that costs our kids from NC around $2300 to go on. And it's 6 weeks after our long season just ended where we traveled for 5 months. If we want to discuss it more I say we start a new thread and not hijack the Cheer Athletics thread. It cost us more to go to Indy to compete in the Major's then my kid got "credit" for with the prize money.

1. who is your choreographer? especially for wildcats and panthers

2. why dont you hire a stunting coach to make ur stunting a bit more solid?

I wish I had seen where you brought it up because I would have had plenty to say. (Or maybe that was a good thing IDK) The prize was misrepresented to all the teams who competed at the Major's. JamBrand's did market it as a free trip to JamFest in Liverpool. Our team got $20k toward the trip and I think Panther's being medium got $15K. I don't have a calculator handy but that's just a smidge over $500 per kid for a trip that costs our kids from NC around $2300 to go on. And it's 6 weeks after our long season just ended where we traveled for 5 months. If we want to discuss it more I say we start a new thread and not hijack the Cheer Athletics thread. It cost us more to go to Indy to compete in the Major's then my kid got "credit" for with the prize money.

i wish i had seen it being brought up too! I have alot to say from a UK perspective... they have offered us a reciprocal trip! if they cant keep their promises to CA and CEA then should i really even mention it to my kids??
they are still advertising to us that both teams are coming over and that we are having a clinic with you on the saturday night (which we cant attend because the dance competition will still be ongoing !!)

Can either yourself or BlueCat confirm if either team are coming?

1. who is your choreographer? especially for wildcats and panthers

2. why dont you hire a stunting coach to make ur stunting a bit more solid?

1. The bulk of the choreography is done in house. Dances are sometimes done by outside choreographers like Jonathon Lewis.

2. Is it your impression that our stunts are shakier than normal? That isn't my impression, but we are always looking for things to improve. It is notoriously difficult to objectively evaluate your own teams, but if you and/or others believe this then perhaps we should focus on at more.

i wish i had seen it being brought up too! I have alot to say from a UK perspective... they have offered us a reciprocal trip! if they cant keep their promises to CA and CEA then should i really even mention it to my kids??
they are still advertising to us that both teams are coming over and that we are having a clinic with you on the saturday night (which we cant attend because the dance competition will still be ongoing !!)

Can either yourself or BlueCat confirm if either team are coming?
I haven't been involved in the planning of the trip for us. I know that they were making an effort to raise the money it would take. (Jam's contribution would be less than half of the total cost). The athletes were initially very excited to go, but prospect of raising tens of thousands of dollars to cover the balance of the trip took a big chunk of the excitement away. I dont know what the status of the fundraising effort has been.

It was very frustrating for the coaches involved as well, because we had used the potential of that prize as incentive to go to the Majors in the first place. If they had been up front about what they were really giving away, we would not likely have ever made the trip. The feeling that teams were deceived will also greatly impact many teams' choice of where to attend in the future. That type of event only really works with the right type of teams there and it will now be much harder to convince that type of team to trust them.

They also never mentioned that part of the "free trip" included teaching clinics that Jam was getting the money for. I know we probably would have volunteered for it anyway, but for them to simply assume that we would do that was a little surprising also.

I don't know about CEA.

To clear up another rumor - yes, we have enough strong boys to make a large coed again. (girls are not an issue) Our goal is to get 18 total guys, but we aren't there yet, so we are in "recruiting" mode for that specific type of athlete. We had that same goal last year, but only got to 17 by the end of the season.

The earlier those guys come in, the more training they get and the better the team will be. Many guys can get dramatically better over the summer while on the team.

Back