All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hi @BlueCat I'm hoping you might be able to help with a merch enquiry.

A friend of mine placed an order with the Cheer Athletics Pro Shop several months ago, and another order about one month later. She has not received either (we're based in Australia) and the first order was for approximately $400 of merch.

She's tried without luck to get an answer via email; the response is that there are no tracking numbers provided, and that they only have record of one order... however she has paid for two orders and has proof of payment/order details etc.

Can you tell me who the best person might be to talk about this? Obviously she's a little worried that neither of her packages will arrive. Thanks in advance! :)

We realize that the retail side of things for us has not been great. We have had more than a few glitches, unfortunately. We are devoting a huge amount of time, energy, and money to drastically improving everything about retail: the products we offer, the shopping experience, the delivery time, and everything in between. It has not been given the attention it deserves and we are doing everything we can to make it better. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
How many hours do your teams typically practice?

Most of the season it is 3.5 hours a week (a two-hour weekend practice and a 1.5 hour weeknight practice). During "crunch time" we do call extra practices if the team looks like it won't be ready.

Last edited:
Most of the season it is 3.5 hours a week (a two-hour weekend practice and a 1.5 hour weeknight practice). During "crunch time" we do call extra practices, however, if the team looks like it won't be ready.

Wow. How do you get everything done in that amount of time?

I have a question about the uniforms. What is the price for a custom designed uniform like that. I'm really interested in the cost vs traditional uniforms.
A uniform like what? Custom uniforms vary pretty significantly in cost. Some are lower than a traditional uniform, and some are MUCH more expensive.

Most of the season it is 3.5 hours a week (a two-hour weekend practice and a 1.5 hour weeknight practice). During "crunch time" we do call extra practices, however, if the team looks like it won't be ready.
Does that include tumbling or do you have additional time/class used for tumbling?

We realize that the retail side of things for us has not been great for us. We have had more than a few glitches, unfortunately. We are devoting a huge amount of time, energy, and money to drastically improving everything about retail: the products we offer, the shopping experience, the delivery time, and everything in between. It has not been given the attention it deserves and we are doing everything we can to make it better. Stay tuned.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :) No stress at all, I completely understand how difficult it must be! I think the main issue here (just if you're looking for something to change in the future) is that the postage service you use for international orders does not provide a tracking number. Without a tracking number, people can get a little anxious that their package gets lost along the way; especially when delivery can take a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure international customers would be happy to pay a slightly higher postage fee to cover tracking number and/or insurance so they can keep an eye on the progress of their goodies. :) I think pretty much every girl on my team has at least one piece of CA merch - we all love your stuff! :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :) No stress at all, I completely understand how difficult it must be! I think the main issue here (just if you're looking for something to change in the future) is that the postage service you use for international orders does not provide a tracking number. Without a tracking number, people can get a little anxious that their package gets lost along the way; especially when delivery can take a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure international customers would be happy to pay a slightly higher postage fee to cover tracking number and/or insurance so they can keep an eye on the progress of their goodies. :) I think pretty much every girl on my team has at least one piece of CA merch - we all love your stuff! :)

I hate having unhappy customers. Do you buy other stuff internationally that provides tracking numbers? If so, what service is that?

We are in the process of giving our whole retail division a major overhaul. Perhaps we can change the way we ship internationally.

I hate having unhappy customers. Do you buy other stuff internationally that provides tracking numbers? If so, what service is that?

We are in the process of giving our whole retail division a major overhaul. Perhaps we can change the way we ship internationally.

Yes, most things I buy internationally provide shipping numbers (although I would say that in general the other cheer gyms I've ordered from do not). Some sellers also offer insurance at an extra cost, which is good when purchasing high value items. I'm fairly sure courier services such as FedEx or Star Track Express provide pick up services and tracking numbers, although I'm not sure how much more they would charge.

I definitely may be wrong on this but I feel like either USPS or UPS (I get them confused!) also offers a very 'basic' international tracking system in that it will tell you when it a) leaves America and b) arrives in Australia but it won't give you detailed information like the couriers would that shows when it hits the warehouse, on-board with driver for delivery etc.

USPS Priority Mail International offers some tracking, First Class International doesn't (well, it shows you it's been lodged usually, but nothing more than that). I think priority would be sufficient for most customers, and you can get flat rate boxes/envelopes to send things in that clothes would fit fine in :)

Is it true that Felines are going Small Senior? And if so, how many worlds teams does CA have including Austin?

Is it true that Felines are going Small Senior? And if so, how many worlds teams does CA have including Austin?
Taking Felines into Small Senior 5 is an option, but that will be decided by the coaches as the season progresses. (They are currently a restricted 5 team.) Not counting Felines, we have 8 cheer teams in Worlds divisions. (7 in Plano, 1 in Austin)

Claw6 - IOC6
LadyKatz - IO6
Wildcats - IOC
Cheetahs - Large Coed
Junglecats - Medium Coed
Onyxcats (Austin) - Medium or Small Coed
Panthers - Large Senior
Swooshcats - Medium Senior

Currently, Wildcats and Panthers already have paid bids, Cheetahs, Swooshcats, and Junglecats have at larges. The other 3 have yet to compete at a bid event.

Back