All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is logic to it, but the whole process is very complicated and takes us hundreds of man-hours to complete.
With the amount of athletes you have for each year, plus scheduling/location/athlete needs, I'm surprised it doesn't take you months.

In that vein- do you monitor current athletes throughout the year with certain teams in mind by the end? Or do you just account for behavior and take their tryout process as a fresh slate?

There is logic to it, but the whole process is very complicated and takes us hundreds of man-hours to complete.

Having been part of trying to figure out who went on our J3, Senior 3, Senior 2 or Y2, I can say that that was pretty intense, and we are not the biggest program. I was FRIED by the end.

I can only imagine the process concerning like five L5 teams, high-caliber talent, and sheer number of kids you deal with.

It probably resembles the President's War Room in there when you're making placements.

It must be so difficult to make those decisions and I have no idea how coaches handle that pressure. You want each team to have the best opportunity for success and need to create that team--not something I would ever want to have to do.

BlueCat How do you feel about the Triple Crown Championship. With World Cup, F5, Senior Elite, and Orange All attending where do Panthers fall in with Varsity Not Attending. I mean Varsity is putting a lot of money, marketing, time into promoting their Triple Crown Championship. But that means currently if Panthers aren't attending all three events and let's say perhaps they win NCA, which I hope and pray for, then there is no Triple Crown champion. Which I don't think varsity would let happen. Are ya'll considering making the 2 extra trips to cheer sport and NCA, or do you trust if Panthers are the best team of the Day at NCA, that they will sacrifice their triple crown champion.

Just some thoughts.

BlueCat How do you feel about the Triple Crown Championship. With World Cup, F5, Senior Elite, and Orange All attending where do Panthers fall in with Varsity Not Attending. I mean Varsity is putting a lot of money, marketing, time into promoting their Triple Crown Championship. But that means currently if Panthers aren't attending all three events and let's say perhaps they win NCA, which I hope and pray for, then there is no Triple Crown champion. Which I don't think varsity would let happen. Are ya'll considering making the 2 extra trips to cheer sport and NCA, or do you trust if Panthers are the best team of the Day at NCA, that they will sacrifice their triple crown champion.

Just some thoughts.
I don't know that it works like that does it? I mean TGLC happened to win UCA, cheersport and NCA but I thought it was some sort of point system and the team with the most points wins the triple crown...so it wouldn't matter if one of the contenders didn't "win" NCA, it would matter about the points they gained from placements.

At least that's how I thought it worked, it was just all academic last year since TGLC swept all three.

I don't know that it works like that does it? I mean TGLC happened to win UCA, cheersport and NCA but I thought it was some sort of point system and the team with the most points wins the triple crown...so it wouldn't matter if one of the contenders didn't "win" NCA, it would matter about the points they gained from placements.

At least that's how I thought it worked, it was just all academic last year since TGLC swept all three.
I read it that there is a triple crown winner if one team wins all 3, and there is a different award that has the point system. @cacheerin4u brings up a very interesting point.

Just some thoughts.

Not trying to be snarky, but that sounds like a Varsity problem, and one I, if I were a business owner, would not really care about.

ETA: On the same note, I, as a parent, would be livid that I would be expected to spend a TON of extra money on flight trips out of state because Varsity might get all butthurt if their heavily invested TCC idea got all mucked up b/c they came up with a concept they potentially couldn't follow through on.

Not trying to be snarky, but that sounds like a Varsity problem, and one I, if I were a business owner, would not really care about.

I can't speak for Bluecat, but that was what I was thinking. I doubt he is worried about that title. Winning NCA and Worlds speaks volumes.

ABSOLUTELY

In another thread I think Battle of Texas something was said by bluecat about these type of titles being designed to get you to attend their specific competitions, great marketing tool, but they were not putting all of their eggs in one basket.

In the webcast announcing they were following Large Senior, I believe they said it will be points based and whichever team gets the most points (by placement at each event) will be the Triple Crown winner, regardless if they actually won all 3 events.

Am I missing something? There are four teams featured in the promo - so are they the only teams eligible? Or are all LAG L 5 teams that attend all three eligible? This whole concept seems like a silly idea to me especially if they don't win all three and still get crowned??

Back