All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why isn't Senior Elite attending Fly Girl camp this year? Is it because CEA made a Richmond gym and you and FAME are not on good terms?

why did cea large senior limited coed place 10 after day 1 but didnt go to day 2 when the top 12 made it to day 2
They were in 10th place after day 1 at Worlds and we were very proud to advance to day 2 this season.

Do you think that youth aged kids with high level tumbing, such a fulls and double fulls, are more mature acting that those with lower level tumbling? I know this can depend on a lot of factors but I wanted to get your opinion since you deal with a very high number of higher leveled youthies.
Not at all..some of my most down to earth, humble, fun loving kids are also our most elite athletes of all ages. If anything, I think possessing these skills and the confidence that comes from them makes them more open and personable to athletes of all ages young and old throughout the program.

Celine Dion is awesome but have you ever considered Whitney Houston? More specifically, "I Have Nothing" has such powerful vocals and it's a great song overall.
We have used "I will always love you" and "when you believe" in the past...and I agree on the vocal quality...but Celine Dion and everything she is about tells the story of our program better.

Seems like to me we need to give Maddie and her team a break. Alot of pressure on Senior Elite to hit the 2011 routine and now questions about some insane specialty stunt for 2012? Remember these are just young girls. IMO.

If we can pull off the team stunt we have planned I don't think anyone will be disappointed. With great power comes great responsibility...pressure is earned...I don't think its a negative thing when internalized the right way.

First of all I would like to say that you,all of your teams especially Sr Elite and Coed Elite are a inspiration to me. Every single time I watch them I get goose bumps so you can only imagine how excited I was to watch them live for the first time at worlds. my questions for you are:
1)One of my friends and I would like to come down and visit CEA this summer.When would be the best time to come visit?
2) Will Sr Elite's worlds music from this past year ever be put on cheer library? I know Coed Elite and Small Sr X's is but not Sr Elite's.:(
3)Your teams have some cute practice wear. Who designs it?
4)Any advice to the small gyms out there trying to make there name known in the cheer world?

The best time to visit would be in August closer to routine camp when we have some firmed up pieces to work through.
I don't know that I know how to add to cheer library..If someone can do that for me I have no problem emailing it out.
My mom works with the vendors and their inspiration to come up with designs. We use Crystal Couture ( they are fabulous ), Just Briefs, and Shawn Miller for our practice wear. All three are fantastic...easy to work with, with superior quality.

I couldn't think of a question to ask, but I decided this one might be something worth asking:
With the recent swarm of notice concerning 'fake' cheer pages, fan pages seeming to go too far in terms of information, and other forms of impersonation on social media sites, have you considered (particularly since many of your girls are the targets) doing some type of 'Cyber-bullying' PSA? Are there things you're doing with your gym/girls this season in particular so they know to stay safe and ways to help keep it from interfering with their lives/cheer?[/quote\

We inform our athletes with as much information as possible. I believe most fan sites are just that...those created by younger girls that are inspired by our girls. Obviously there are exceptions to that and we stay very connected to these to monitor them.

Also a suggestion for the new uniforms from many people is that you keep the black, sort of like your current uniforms. The black gives it a very sleek look and compliments the teal very well.
:)

Thank you so much for your kind words. We tried so hard to get the England trip off the ground. Jamfest was so generous in helping our travel arrangements. Ultimately with the plane ticket at $1200 each it wasn't meant to be. Several of our girls including Maddie are in major summer programs like Governor's School and since we weren't able to make the trip as a whole team we didn't want to let people down. With a whole year to plan ahead, we are putting it on our calendar for 2012.

Please come to New Zealand!

Back