All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do not mean this post to be accusatory in any way. I am merely curious to get the view of an industry icon on a few issues.

The perspective on the use of extensive crossovers is very different in different parts of the country. It is highly frowned up in most areas, but does not seem to be an issue in a few. Why do you feel that is the case?

In 2011-12 how many of your athletes were crossing over to multiple teams when they won bids? In other words, how many athletes were on the floor and won bids in multiple divisions? Did anyone win 3 paid bids?

Do you consider your multiple gyms to be one program when it comes to substitutions? If so, is there a theoretical limit to how many different locations should be able to combine resources to make a "super team"?

What do you think the limit (if any) SHOULD be on crossovers for Worlds bids? Should, for example, Cheer Athletics be able to take the best 24 Panthers, add the best 6 boys from Cheetahs, win a bid in Medium Coed, and then take 30 completely different kids to Worlds with the money given to them by the EP?

Outside of CEA, are you aware of any other large/prominent programs who use crossovers to the extent that you guys do?

I do not mean this post to be accusatory in any way. I am merely curious to get the view of an industry icon on a few issues.

The perspective on the use of extensive crossovers is very different in different parts of the country. It is highly frowned up in most areas, but does not seem to be an issue in a few. Why do you feel that is the case?

In 2011-12 how many of your athletes were crossing over to multiple teams when they won bids? In other words, how many athletes were on the floor and won bids in multiple divisions? Did anyone win 3 paid bids?

Do you consider your multiple gyms to be one program when it comes to substitutions? If so, is there a theoretical limit to how many different locations should be able to combine resources to make a "super team"?

What do you think the limit (if any) SHOULD be on crossovers for Worlds bids? Should, for example, Cheer Athletics be able to take the best 24 Panthers, add the best 6 boys from Cheetahs, win a bid in Medium Coed, and then take 30 completely different kids to Worlds with the money given to them by the EP?

Outside of CEA, are you aware of any other large/prominent programs who use crossovers to the extent that you guys do?
I might add one other small ? Does Varsity have some sort of rebate based on amount of teams competing and do crossovers factor into that mix?

I might add one other small ? Does Varsity have some sort of rebate based on amount of teams competing and do crossovers factor into that mix?

I think everybody should or does know about the Varsity family plan and that it is based on total payment not number of athletes. Again, I think the spirit of this is a bit in your face. You cheer for a large gym, correct? Have you asked your owner what the family plan is and how it works for them?

I think everybody should or does know about the Varsity family plan and that it is based on total payment not number of athletes. Again, I think the spirit of this is a bit in your face. You cheer for a large gym, correct? Have you asked your owner what the family plan is and how it works for them?
My point exactly...none of this would be getting discussed if things were kept in house and not "advertised" in public forum. I ask our owner the questions I need answered and that is all....in a private message, convo or email...and that is reciprocated by the owner as well..in private..:)
sidenote..I don't cheer...hee hee..and that's best for everyone

just a math geek question here....doesnt the "payment" amount get factored by the # of athletes participating at the event?

My point exactly...none of this would be getting discussed if things were kept in house and not "advertised" in public forum. I ask our owner the questions I need answered and that is all....in a private message, convo or email...and that is reciprocated by the owner as well..in private..:)
sidenote..I don't cheer...hee hee..and that's best for everyone

Well, I have not heard her bring up the plan, it seemed like a subject you decided to broach as a followup/addition to another owner asking her some questions. And frankely, it appears mean spirited, but your point on not cheering is noted, my bad. I tend to think that we are all in it together and lump it as such, hence a tendancy to cover one's back so to speak.

just a math geek question here....doesnt the "payment" amount get factored by the # of athletes participating at the event?

Not an expert on the plan but I think gross charges and payments are the key numbers. I don't see how the numbers of athletes factor in other than fees due including crossover fees.

Well, I have not heard her bring up the plan, it seemed like a subject you decided to broach as a followup/addition to another owner asking her some questions. And frankely, it appears mean spirited, but your point on not cheering is noted, my bad. I tend to think that we are all in it together and lump it as such, hence a tendancy to cover one's back so to speak.
Im sorry to have come across mean spirited....the questions were pertaining to the amount of cross overs and relevant I thought. I do not know anyone personally and have always been a fan of CE...so no mean spirit hear...only asking questions I feel are on point. The tough questions sometimes need to be answered and using so many crossovers does put oneself "out there" for discussion...IMO

Not an expert on the plan but I think gross charges and payments are the key numbers. I don't see how the numbers of athletes factor in other than fees due including crossover fees.
wait..Im confused...there are other payment besides per athlete to EP or Varsity event?

Im sorry to have come across mean spirited....the questions were pertaining to the amount of cross overs and relevant I thought. I do not know anyone personally and have always been a fan of CE...so no mean spirit hear...only asking questions I feel are on point. The tough questions sometimes need to be answered and using so many crossovers does put oneself "out there" for discussion...IMO

Crossovers are charged by the EP to the gym. They increase the expense and cost more money to the gym and decrease the amount of payment that is used in the family plan. I guess excess crossovers is in the eye of the beholder, but it appears there is blood in the water on that issue.

from being in the stands during awards at CHEERSPORT I got to talk to a cea family. They told me Holden ray was on 3 teams. I'm not a member of that gym so if that's hear say or fact I have no idea. But if a fact 3 teams is alot. They said all the boys were required to double team sometimes triple team.

Latest posts

Back