All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll let Courtney respond to that if she choses because I do not know the facts. I can tell you all this. WE AT CEA DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU DO INTERNALLY WITH YOUR TEAMS. I just have no idea why CEA is scrutinized at this level. One must conclude that either we beg and invite people to do this, or others are trying to point out these things in an attempt I believe is to diminish the kid's and the staff's success. The dreaded asterisk so to speak. Who else is put under this type of microscope? Maybe you can find incidences similar in similar gyms and post about them? However, I will tell you most of these kids doing the travelling and multiple teams do it themselves for their own reasons and not the behest of the staff. THEY want their kids seen on high profile teams. It would be crazy not to use a standing double at Worlds. How much you wanna bet that would happen anywhere?

I think CEA is put under a microscope because y'all are a very high profile, very successful gym that uses practices many other people feel are hindering our sport's ability to become legitimate. I know I personally only have one issue with CEA and that is your excessive use of crossovers. It is no secret I feel that way as I have made it very clear over the years. If you'll point out to me any other gym that uses crossovers to the extent that CEA does, I would be more than happy to call them out, too.

I also think CEA is put under a microscope because Courtney chooses to put the gym out there. She started this thread, remember... I don't think there are very many high profile gym owners posting on the fierceboard. I can only think of 2 that I know of and the other one keeps a very low profile and his gym doesn't do anything "out of the ordinary" in their business practices.

I'll let Courtney respond to that if she choses because I do not know the facts. I can tell you all this. WE AT CEA DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU DO INTERNALLY WITH YOUR TEAMS. I just have no idea why CEA is scrutinized at this level. One must conclude that either we beg and invite people to do this, or others are trying to point out these things in an attempt I believe is to diminish the kid's and the staff's success. The dreaded asterisk so to speak. Who else is put under this type of microscope? Maybe you can find incidences similar in similar gyms and post about them? However, I will tell you most of these kids doing the travelling and multiple teams do it themselves for their own reasons and not the behest of the staff. THEY want their kids seen on high profile teams. It would be crazy not to use a standing double at Worlds. How much you wanna bet that would happen anywhere?

I just pointed out things I know. I would use a standing double for sure!!! You put stuff out here playing the victim card, we all attack the teal army and CEA. I in no way diminish your athletes or staffs talent!!!!! That is false and on any given competition I am in YOUR priority seating cheering on many of your athletes that have crossed though my CP's life, that we totally love. I am not the bad guy here. I was just responding on a social board!

Guess you missed this whole part of the post

ALL OF THIS IS LEGAL!!!!! I in no way, shape, or form am I saying it is cheating!!!! My question then becomes what is fair, What is ethical, who makes and polices the rules, what is greed, what is the green monster of envy I might hold?

I will say in my 17 years in this crazy industry, I applaud Courtney for what she has been she has accomplished!! I watched her grow from her little gym. I am not sure if all the "BIGGER" gyms do the exact same things??? You all are the closest so of course I know your athletes. If I lived in Birmingham, I might feel this way about ACE?? I just wonder where it ends?? Only the bigs survive?? You know as well as I do MOST and saying MOST meaning die hard cheer families that have gifted children at some point in the smaller gym atmosphere ask in NC, should I take my kid to CEA she has a double, ect. Our gym does not field a team like that. You get my point, you all get a lot of talent passed your way!! NOT saying they don't get even better being placed with kids of similar talent.

Sorry Starship for the ramble, but wanted you to see it from the small side!!!

I think CEA is put under a microscope because y'all are a very high profile, very successful gym that uses practices many other people feel are hindering our sport's ability to become legitimate. I know I personally only have one issue with CEA and that is your excessive use of crossovers. It is no secret I feel that way as I have made it very clear over the years. If you'll point out to me any other gym that uses crossovers to the extent that CEA does, I would be more than happy to call them out, too.

I also think CEA is put under a microscope because Courtney chooses to put the gym out there. She started this thread, remember... I don't think there are very many high profile gym owners posting on the fierceboard. I can only think of 2 that I know of and the other one keeps a very low profile and his gym doesn't do anything "out of the ordinary" in their business practices.
A local gym of mine (also with the same acronym as CEA, coincidentally) also tends to use an excessive amount of crossovers, but it's also because they are a small gym. But as for Cheer Extreme, they have hundreds of girls & boys trying out at just one location so I feel there should not be a reason to have so many crossovers. So I do agree with you, as much as I do absolutely looove Cheer Extreme & all the things they have accomplished :)

I don't know why the Teal Army thinks we are "hating" on CEA because of its successes. Not for nothing, but CEA isn't the only successful gym in the country. And there have been plenty of more successful programs that have been around in the spotlight for much longer.

The reason for the scrutiny is clearly that a lot of people in the industry find the practices of this gym questionable at best and want to better understand.

uses practices many other people feel are hindering our sport's ability to become legitimate.

Really? How about how the money moves, multiple EPs and agendas, judging, standardization, registration, sanctioning and the history of cheer? The use of crossovers in a gym in Kernersville is what is effecting cheerleading from becoming legitimate? You believe that? I think there are many here who would be shocked at the number of kids in Kernersville, but I can tell you it is less than virtually every gym here that is complaing. Often much less.

Really? How about how the money moves, multiple EPs and agendas, judging, standardization, registration, sanctioning and the history of cheer? The use of crossovers in a gym in Kernersville is what is effecting cheerleading from becoming legitimate? You believe that? I think there are many here who would be shocked at the number of kids in Kernersville, but I can tell you it is less than virtually every gym here that is complaing. Often much less.
I don't think she meant that CEA is the only reason nor the most important, just that it may be one of them along with the few you named (it could also be just a personal opinion).

Yes, I agree those are issues also hindering the sport becoming legitimate as well. But those issues are not something individual gyms can change. Those are issues the coaches and USASF committees have to change. But excessive use of crossovers is something that is also causing issues within our industry and that is something CEA does do. I don't care how you want to paint the picture, that is the truth.

I do not know of one other high profile gym that comes close to using the amount of crossovers that CEA does...If you can name one, please do... I would be more than happy to add them to my list of gyms that I discuss regarding that issue.

Yes, I agree those are issues also hindering the sport becoming legitimate as well. But those issues are not something individual gyms can change. Those are issues the coaches and USASF committees have to change. But excessive use of crossovers is something that is also causing issues within our industry and that is something CEA does do. I don't care how you want to paint the picture, that is the truth.

I do not know of one other high profile gym that comes close to using the amount of crossovers that CEA does...If you can name one, please do... I would be more than happy to add them to my list of gyms that I discuss regarding that issue.

How many crossovers were on the small Jr Co-ed team from Raleigh that won NCA?

Back