All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The asterisk thing is a reference to some of his gym's wins being "tainted" because they used crossovers or in some peoples' mind stacked teams to win certain premier events. He is saying some have said those wins have asterisks next to them. It is in a post a few pages back.

The asterisk thing is a reference to some of his gym's wins being "tainted" because they used crossovers or in some peoples mind stacked teams to win certain premier events. He is saying some have said those wins have asterisks next to them.

Oh ok. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to explain something else I've said on this thread, :D

Ok I do have an opinion I want to weigh in then. This is the difference between illegal and immoral.

Things that are illegal are spelled out and you simply are not allowed to do them.

Things that are immoral are judged by other people to be as illegal... even if not written. They are supposed to be rules you can break but choose not too. The issue with immoral rules is that not everyone agrees that the can or cannot be broken and are or are not immoral in the first place.

I have no problem with creating super teams and super gyms and stacking level 1 teams with level 5 athletes. Why? Because it is not illegal. If they do it and they win and no one else can compete shouldn't everyone start doing it OR change the rules to not allow it. But past that I couldn't care less. This is an instance, in my mind, where you shouldn't hate the players but hate the game. And put in the effort to change the game.

The asterisk thing is a reference to some of his gym's wins being "tainted" because they used crossovers or in some peoples' mind stacked teams to win certain premier events. He is saying some have said those wins have asterisks next to them. It is in a post a few pages back.

This. Not directed at anyone.

Ok I do have an opinion I want to weigh in then. This is the difference between illegal and immoral.

Things that are illegal are spelled out and you simply are not allowed to do them.

Things that are immoral are judged by other people to be as illegal... even if not written. They are supposed to be rules you can break but choose not too. The issue with immoral rules is that not everyone agrees that the can or cannot be broken and are or are not immoral in the first place.

I have no problem with creating super teams and super gyms and stacking level 1 teams with level 5 athletes. Why? Because it is not illegal. If they do it and they win and no one else can compete shouldn't everyone start doing it OR change the rules to not allow it. But past that I couldn't care less. This is an instance, in my mind, where you shouldn't hate the players but hate the game. And put in the effort to change the game.

Shimmy times 100,000,000 no wait more!!!!

This is whole point to most of this. Not just saying this applies to CEA at all, I only live in NC, so don't really know how other states feel about teams in their areas.

If Courtney would allow me to interject my opinion in her thread . . .

Many big gyms have experienced a simliar phenomenon. When you are an up-and-coming gym viewed as the "underdog", you have many fans and people of all stripes pulling for you. It can be a fantastic experience to feel like the world is on your side.

If you are fortunate enough to have a bit of of success, all of that attention suddenly gets very polarized. The more high-profile you become, the more polarized the opinions of you are. Your fans will simply look through teal (or insert your gym's color here) glasses, ignore any defect, and get nearly violent when anyone dares speak negatively of the program they love. Others will ignore all of the positives that you do and seek any minor detail to blow out of proportion and exploit as being signs of how evil you are. It is simply the polarizing nature of fame and accomplishment.

(This effect is amplified even more when your leader has a very strong personality.)

There is a reason that the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys are at or near the top of nearly every list of "most loved" teams. If you will notice, those very same teams appear at the top of nearly every list of "most hated" teams as well. I would encourage you to take all of the attention as a sign that you have been able to achieve spectacular things. No one bothers to hate on teams that finish last all the time.

Shimmy times 100,000,000 no wait more!!!!

This is whole point to most of this. Not just saying this applies to CEA at all, I only live in NC, so don't really know how other states feel about teams in their areas.

You shimmy it times 100,000,000... but forget to shimmy the actual post? For shame...

If Courtney would allow me to interject my opinion in her thread . . .

Many big gyms have experienced a simliar phenomenon. When you are an up-and-coming gym viewed as the "underdog", you have many fans and people of all stripes pulling for you. It can be a fantastic experience to feel like the world is on your side.

If you are fortunate enough to have a bit of of success, all of that attention suddenly gets very polarized. The more high-profile you become, the more polarized the opinions of you are. Your fans will simply look through teal (or insert your gym's color here) glasses, ignore any defect, and get nearly violent when anyone dares speak negatively of the program they love. Others will ignore all of the positives that you do and seek any minor detail to blow out of proportion and exploit as being signs of how evil you are. It is simply the polarizing nature of fame and accomplishment.

(This effect is amplified even more when your leader has a very strong personality.)

There is a reason that the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys are at or near the top of nearly every list of "most loved" teams. If you will notice, those very same teams appear at the top of nearly every list of "most hated" teams as well. I would encourage you to take all of the attention as a sign that you have been able to achieve spectacular things. No one bothers to hate on teams that finish last all the time.

Oh... so in reality no one really hates the Dallas Cowboys anymore?

Bwahahah.. I keed I keed

I think though people have been complaining about changing the game but it gets them nowhere because of the $$$ made off it. We have been seeking the USASF it seems like forever about the crossover issue. Still nothing. Very few Ep's will touch it as well because of the $$$. To me a state, regional or national championship means nothing if every division and age is "crossover" with higher level athletes doing lower level skills. Best Level 5 doing a Level 1 pyramid award goes to....Best Level 5 doing a Level 2 Stunt sequence......Arrghh!!!

It seems to me that if they wont change the game, the only way to then change it is to start another organization where they will enforce it.

I guess that's where we differ. While it may not be ILLEGAL to do things, if I think something a gym is doing is morally wrong, or hurting the furtherance of our sport, I do care. And while I want to make it clear that I DO NOT hold anything against the parents and athletes involved, I do take issue with the owners that choose to continue the practice. In a sport where the coaches can vote and speak their mind and in the end a panel of judges can override the majority, there's not much more we can do than call out the gyms that are doing what we are against.

I think though people have been complaining about changing the game but it gets them nowhere because of the $$$ made off it. We have been seeking the USASF it seems like forever about the crossover issue. Still nothing. Very few Ep's will touch it as well because of the $$$. To me a state, regional or national championship means nothing if every division and age is "crossover" with higher level athletes doing lower level skills. Best Level 5 doing a Level 1 pyramid award goes to....Best Level 5 doing a Level 2 Stunt sequence......Arrghh!!!

It seems to me that if they wont change the game, the only way to then change it is to start another organization where they will enforce it.

Ok, so I REALLY hate we are hijacking this thread. Should we do this somewhere else? No matter what this thread was intended for questions about CEA and so they could answer them.

Back