All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I cannot state with certainty that what I said was true as I do not know any of the kids from either location other than Holden (because he's a boy of course) so all I know is people, including some from within CEA, were talking about the whole "Dallas" team and what not. If my memory serves me correctly, it might have even been mentioned on CEA's website within one of the threads on there. I remember being saddened that my CP's team wouldn't have a chance at winning because we wouldn't be able to contend with that type of compilation of kids from all over. I remember being told to go to CEA's website to see it for myself. But what I cannot say for sure is whether there were any other athletes other than Holden who actually were put on the team as a new athlete for NCA. But if that is the case then why call it the "Dallas" team? I guess that's where I would be confused as an outsider...

There was no compilation.......that's what we're saying. The teams going to Dallas were stacked.....but they were stacked from tryouts. Doesn't everybody do that? Put your best of a certain age/level on a team together to be the most competitive?

Because the kids like it and it makes them feel special. No harm no foul!

There was no compilation.......that's what we're saying. The teams going to Dallas were stacked.....but they were stacked from tryouts. Doesn't everybody do that? Put your best of a certain age/level on a team together to be the most competitive?

Because the kids like it and it makes them feel special. No harm no foul!

Definitely agree! I think it's awesome that some gyms have the ability to stack so many teams from the get-go. Definitely no issue with me there. My only concern was when I heard that the team going to Dallas was made up of the very best athletes from multiple teams specifically for Dallas. If that didn't happen then all is good. :)

I am actively trying to get Courtney to give Holden a uniform, shave his legs and make him a member of SE if we can get his hair looking right.

You know, at some point this crossover stuff and accusations of stacking teams goes from legitimate question and discussion into the realm of looking and smelling like people trying to purposely diminish the accomplishments of the the kids and the staff in major competitions. And a lot of it appears to be incorrect assumption and misinformation. Words such as excessive use of crossovers ,bad sportsmanship, lack of morals and ethics, stacking teams tend to point towards an agenda and not a reasonable discussion of the true circumstance. For all the Teal Army talk, I have not seen our staff openly questioning other gyms procedures and motives on a public board and I have not noticed fans of the program doing similar. This has been a recurrant topic since the ProX days, and frankely it may be more a comment on those asking the questions than the CEA program.

I am actively trying to get Courtney to give Holden a uniform, shave his legs and make him a member of SE if we can get his hair looking right.

You know, at some point this crossover stuff and accusations of stacking teams goes from legitimate question and discussion into the realm of looking and smelling like people trying to purposely diminish the accomplishments of the the kids and the staff in major competitions. And a lot of it appears to be incorrect assumption and misinformation. Words such as excessive use of crossovers ,bad sportsmanship, lack of morals and ethics, stacking teams tend to point towards an agenda and not a reasonable discussion of the true circumstance. For all the Teal Army talk, I have not seen our staff openly questioning other gyms procedures and motives on a public board and I have not noticed fans of the program doing similar. This has been a recurrant topic since the ProX days, and frankely it may be more a comment on those asking the questions than the CEA program.

I only asked because Ms. Pope made the comment that it is not a practice to stack teams just to win, but I remembered moms FROM your gym telling me about it a couple years back. I was not accusing anyone of anything. I just wanted to get an understanding of where she actually stood on it since her comment seemed to be in direct opposition to what had been told to me happened with your junior teams at NCA. If I hadn't heard this from CEA parents, it wouldn't even be an issue for me. Because I really don't take what other gyms say about other gyms as anything I base my opinions on.

I only asked because Ms. Pope made the comment that it is not a practice to stack teams just to win, but I remembered moms FROM your gym telling me about it a couple years back. I was not accusing anyone of anything. I just wanted to get an understanding of where she actually stood on it since her comment seemed to be in direct opposition to what had been told to me happened with your junior teams at NCA. If I hadn't heard this from CEA parents, it wouldn't even be an issue for me. Because I really don't take what other gyms say about other gyms as anything I base my opinions on.

I have no problem with anyone saying and asking whatever they want. I have no problem with you. Free board. But at some point, it becomes excessive and as a parent in the gym that has a child on teams that have won some big victories I tire of the discussion. I do remember the response of your gym from 2007 Jr Co-ed at NCA, and like so many we have encountered on the way, it reminded me of the very high profile owner of a major, major gym who looked at group of our coaches and parents and a few athletes in the eye and stated "you do not have the class or style to be on the same floor with us, much less compete and win". I was there. That said, I have been told today by another major gym owner that all our wins are marked by a "asterisc" due to our methods. I say bull hockey.

I have no problem with anyone saying and asking whatever they want. I have no problem with you. Free board. But at some point, it becomes excessive and as a parent in the gym that has a child on teams that have won some big victories I tire of the discussion. I do remember the response of your gym from 2007 Jr Co-ed at NCA, and like so many we have encountered on the way, it reminded me of the very high profile owner of a major, major gym who looked at group of our coaches and parents and a few athletes in the eye and stated "you do not have the class or style to be on the same floor with us, much less compete and win". I was there. That said, I have been told today by another major gym owner that all our wins are marked by a "asterisc" due to our methods. I say bull hockey.

That was the year before we came to T&S. And I've heard about that incident from many people. And I absolutely do NOT agree with how our athletes handled themselves on the floor. But I also was told they were made to write a letter of apology for it. Is that not correct? And just to clarify, are you saying that OUR owner said "you do not have the class or style to be on the same floor with us, much less compete and win"??

That was the year before we came to T&S. And I've heard about that incident from many people. And I absolutely do NOT agree with how our athletes handled themselves on the floor. But I also was told they were made to write a letter of apology for it. Is that not correct? And just to clarify, are you saying that OUR owner said "you do not have the class or style to be on the same floor with us, much less compete and win"??

No, it was not your owner. Sorry if you took it that way or anyone else did. We have had no problems with T & S and received profuse aplogies, but the things add up HERE specifically. And let me be quite clear, our kids and parents have done their amount of inapporpriate talking and complaining, I just do NOT SEE our program systematically going after other programs like is done here. It was not on the floor btw at NCA, but in the jacket area.

At NCA in 2010 CEA won large junior 5, small
Junior coed 5 and youth 5. All representative of the teams chosen at tryouts. Both junior teams were equivalently talented one from kville one from Raleigh. You are mistaken on your
Mega team junior tryout theory. As superstitions go we tend to have better luck in even years

So to be clear...are you saying you absolutely did not have a tryout for your junior 5 kids to form a "Dallas" team for 2010?

Not a question just a comment to say how AMAZING and INSPIRATIONAL you and all of your athletes are. No matter what obstacles come in your way CEA always seems to over come it ! I personally love Senior Elite and know they have what it takes to go out there and show everyone who's ever doubted them what they're made of, I can not wait to see CoEd Elite at Jamfest Europe and take that worlds tittle this year! P.S Come to Ireland :p...

-I'll never stop BELIEVING x

hahaaaha this sounds like a prosecutor questioning a defendant on the stand! How about we have both parties agree on the definition of "tryout"

lol, didn't mean for it to sound so "authoritative" or "official", lol. I'm just trying to be clear on exactly what we're all saying because this is a very important issue to me.

Back