Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean like when girls just wear multiple sports bras to make it look like they have a bigger bust.
Some girls might prefer the extra fabric coverage/thickness, even if they don't need the extra support.

another one of mine is when a team is mean to you! your team! One of my old teammates at natialns that the reason we lost to another team was all my falt! and she told all her "group" that it was my fault. the entiar group blames me and they havent talked to me sence. real good teamates!

my number one pet peeve is when you're trying to teach someone to do a stunt that you have done before but they completely disregard what you said and pretend that they know what they're doing. then they end up dropping the flying. ugh. hate!

Sports bras sticking out of the bottom/top of a uniform
Not locking your arms in tumbling
Sloppy Motions
Not everyone in the stunt doing their job then blaming it on other people.

-When a tumbler does just a full and then snaps, shimmies, "call me", hair flips, and proceeds to shoe shine...
-When fat girls in half tops wear a stomach cover, like we didn't notice...
-When people fake the tuck in jumps.
Recently we got our stunt groups, and I am stuck with the loose flyer and the lazy group, as a backspot i start counting, and I cannot staaaand, at all, when they say " No hold on, wait until a coach makes us go." or "We just went like 5 minutes ago, give us a break"
-When center flyers fall and it's their fault. (This goes into the debate about flyers and bases) but when a flyer is center flyer and obvioiusly heels, butts out, toes, bends her knee, and it is not due to a bases fault. You are center flyer for a reason, awesome you can hit at practice, but that doesn't count. Stop sucking at comps please.

some of these are my pet peeves but some of the ones that yall named u cant really control.
and some of the girls walk around with tops unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after routines, b/c after going though warm-ups and the perfomance, u are hot and sweaty so the girls are just trying to cool down.

When people roll up their uniform sleeves, and then compete with them like that. OMG, I just wanna scream when I see that.

I hate it when something goes wrong and everyone blames is on you just because they dont want to take any blame for it even if you did it perfectly.

I can't stand it when a group messes up in a stunt and it comes down and everyone is like "ahh omg did you see what I did?" "this is what happened" "that was so funny"
Seriously. Shut up and try it again.
Also it doesn't help if there's people spotting and they join in...it's not your stunt, don't distract us.

And that's my rant, hahaha.

Sticking your tongue out during a routine
Flyers that blame bases , bases that blame flyers
Pyramids in which the center flyer just stands there and do nothing.
Cheerleaders that wear only a bra no sports bra
Coaches that yell at their team after the routine
Flyers give up
Bases give up
people who think they can keep their piercings in for practice and/or comps
New kids that try to take over the time
People who get a piercings before/during comp season

-tumbling that people have to gasp to watch. if you dont have the skill solid, dont risk trying pull it!!
-teams that come to awards in unzippered skirts, sports bras, and ugg boots
-not 'finishing' after your pass in a routine
-horrified looking fliers

Back