Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree. Cheerleaders are people, too! We should be allowed to show our tattoos if we want. If it was a serious problem, there would be a rule against. And if girls have piercings in while competing, that's one thing. But just hangin' at comp? That shouldn't really be an issue.
thank you! :) and i also agree with you!

1. When uniforms do not fit right!!!!! I.e. too short of skirts. Tops are too short and you see the bra you're wearing underneath. Getting a size small skirt/shorts when you really should be in a medium. etc

2. When the uniforms aren't flattering to everyone on the team. We all don't have 6 packs here.

3. Idk if this counts but when skirts are super low on the hips and you see birth control patches. it just looks tacky. (but I commend you for using some kind of protection)

4. Tattoos hanging out of uniforms. I just have never liked that.
i agree with the tattoo thing! i have one but always make sure it's covered with a bandaid even if my skirts covers it, it just doesn't look right with a cheerleading uniform!

well it mostly bothers me at comps, cant you take your piercings out? lol
theyll close! well i dont have them anymore. but i was thinking of getting them back. but i do see alot of girls with tattoos on the rib cage so they cant hide that with a crop top

i agree with the tattoo thing! i have one but always make sure it's covered with a bandaid even if my skirts covers it, it just doesn't look right with a cheerleading uniform!
Is there some kind of negative connotation that goes along with tattoos? Cause I must have missed the memo.

Is there some kind of negative connotation that goes along with tattoos? Cause I must have missed the memo.
i don't think it's negative or i wouldn't have gotten one myself, but with your uniform it doesn't look right, since you're supposed to look like everyone else one the team, which it the point of a uniform.

i don't think it's negative or i wouldn't have gotten one myself, but with your uniform it doesn't look right, since you're supposed to look like everyone else one the team, which it the point of a uniform.
I can see the sense in that. But I think that its only an issue during the performance, and if the coaches request that the tattoo is covered. If not, then eh. There has to be at least a tiny bit of individuality.

I can see the sense in that. But I think that its only an issue during the performance, and if the coaches request that the tattoo is covered. If not, then eh. There has to be at least a tiny bit of individuality.
i agree there does. but i don't know, my coach just told me that it was a "professional" thing so i guess i just look at it the he explained it to me. i mean i don't think it's that big of a deal, depending on how big it is. :)

Cheer pet peeve: When all star cheerleaders think HS cheering isn't a sport! If you're defending cheerleading but then switch up your argument when saying it's a sport and saying only all star is, it hurts us hs cheerleaders. We work just as hard as you. @alexismarie is 100% correct! :)
ahh unless your team competes its not a sport by definition. before you start hating me, im a high school cheerleader, too. It is hard. A lot of the elements are the same, and Im challenged every day to improve myself.

ahh unless your team competes its not a sport by definition. before you start hating me, im a high school cheerleader, too. It is hard. A lot of the elements are the same, and Im challenged every day to improve myself.
I think that since all star cheerleading originated from high school cheerleading this opinion is a little misguided. How can all stars, which is the 2nd version of cheerleading, be a sport when high school cheer, which is the original, can't?

Cheer pet peives!!!
hair down! i want all hair up!!
agree...hold your foot not ankle flyers!
whimpy kids who cry when they hold up elavators!
moms who are still doing their childs makeup 10 minutes before warm ups!
my team kids who add me on fb and then i see their foul language
crazyy mommys!

Flyers that don't stand, like at all.
The girls that are just doing competitive cheer to be called a cheerleader.
Drama starters.
The girls that change into their uniform when their in the stands.

alexismarie said:
I think that since all star cheerleading originated from high school cheerleading this opinion is a little misguided. How can all stars, which is the 2nd version of cheerleading, be a sport when high school cheer, which is the original, can't?

It's not who is first or second...if a hs team doesn't compete, how could you classify it as a sport? Competition is one if the main tenets of sports. Can you think of a sport that is non-competitive?

Back