Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)

cheerleaders who dont feel facials are necessary at ALL times.

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)

-when flyers toe, or heel in stunt. like are you trying to fall?
-when flyers reach for the floor. um listen why are you even a flyer if you dont want to stay in the air?
-when your other base is way taller or way shorter than you and you take forever to get use to the adjustment
-when you get injured because someone else, wasnt doing there job or in the right spot.
-when coaches are hard on kids who are already killing themselves to be perfect
-when your group works for hours on the same stunt and just cant figure out whats going wrong.
-when people have tumbling themselves but refuse to throw it without a spot (not talking about mental blocks)
-when you hit a perfect routine, and still dont do as well as you hoped
-when your coach tells you to run it full out and your the only person who puts in 110% (perfect practice makes perfect)

My cheer pet peeve is when gyms use team names like : glitz & glam, or glitter, sparkle, or anything that is remotely on the same lines.

I apologize if this has already been said but I didn't want to read through 28 pages of replies. My biggest cheer peeve is gum chewing and inconsiderate cheerleaders. One specific example of a inconsiderate cheerleader was when my guy friend went to try out for cheerleading but this girl on the team wouldn't let him in to try out.

When a teams music transtitons really awkwardly
when a team mate comes to a comp like they just got out of bed with no uniform on or hair up
when you know you should have won and you didnt
when people complain about having to do something

I apologize if this has already been said but I didn't want to read through 28 pages of replies. My biggest cheer peeve is gum chewing and inconsiderate cheerleaders. One specific example of a inconsiderate cheerleader was when my guy friend went to try out for cheerleading but this girl on the team wouldn't let him in to try out.

Another example of an inconsiderate cheerleader is not reading through the entire thread. This isn't all about you!

:D

When a team competes at a too high of a level.
*example: team has one rbhs tuck and like two back handsprings and compete level 3
People late to practice.
When bases and/or fliers don't fight for their stunts.

So many of mine were already said but here are a couple more...
When fulls or doubles are piked down at the end in tumbling. Makes me CRAZY!
Bent wrists in angles
When teams copy something from another teams rountine... come on be creative!!
Crazy cheer moms

Back