Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't cheered in a few years now but I still follow the sport, stretch like i still cheer when i go to the gym and I do (when work allows) meet up with my university's american football team for sideline stuff at games.

Competition peeves:
-Cockiness - no-one's won til results are out so stop acting like it
-Bad/excessive/messy hair and makeup.
-Cheer mums who can't control their non-cheering children.
-Teams who "dibs" more space in the stands/seating than they actually need.
-People who crowd 10 deep at the front of the mat to watch the big name teams.
-Deliberately not letting 2nd place have their moment in awards - I know its emotional for big comps/big wins but try and keep a lid on it until you're announced. Worlds I can just about let them get away with it because its like THE ultimate win, but it still grates on me.
- Minis and Youths in excessively glittery, tiny uniforms. It's not toddlers and tiaras.

Gameday peeves:
-Complaining its cold/too hot/raining - dress appropriately.
-Not showing an interest in the game
-Ducking out early because a team is losing
-Not being sporting to the other team

When people go on this board and say mean twisted things about gyms their CP competes against and then pretend they are a disinterested party who just "heard that ..."

:eek: My biggest pet peeve is frog legs on toe touches. Even though my legs do it, I'm fixing it. I've seen girls who have done Allstrs for YEARS and they still do it! Make it snappy. That's all.

Mine are pretty much the same plus when girls on school teams drag out or "sing" there words in a cheer.
Ex: saying Go FIGHHHHHT WIN instead of being sharp and saying GO!FIGHT!WIN!

As a coach my biggest pet peeve at practice is when I give a correction and the athlete responds with "I know" or when athletes sass/talk back to me.

Back