All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes. Similar to elite-level gymnastics. They've been doing the "we home school/online school for more gym time" for years and years. I'd say that the vast majority of your big World's team kids are still going to regular school.

But for some, especially those who don't do school cheer and aren't really connected to school, they'd really rather get more practice time in. School becomes a barrier.
But in elite gymnastics that's for the chance to go to the Olympics, earn a full scholarship to college, or signing with an agent and getting endorsements and sponsorships. Cheer doesn't really have those opportunities.

And maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I don't think school should be a "barrier" to cheer. At the end of the day, it's just cheerleading and there aren't very many opportunities outside once you age out. I just don't think people should be uprooting their lives/disrupting their education for cheer. Just my opinion though.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it seems like maybe they were planning on moving anyway for whatever reason and maybe it just happened faster b/c of the spot opening up? Since both girls and the mom (it seems) are moving, and it seems that Jenee had expressed interest in the spot before Amber quit.
From what I've seen here, on the show, and other social media, it doesn't seem like they'd make a rash decision just because a spot opened on Senior Elite, in fact how would they even know about the spot opening unless they'd already talked to someone about it? I would be money that this was a well thought out decision and not "Oh a spot is open on senior elite well peace out smoed my whole family is moving across the country just for me." (not saying anyone thinks that was the process)

The only thing that surprises me is leaving a worlds caliber team, moving across the country, to another worlds caliber team, near the middle/endish of a season. Not criticizing her, just saying that it's odd. Yeah, other teams (like Smoed) pull talent from across the country, but these are people from teams that haven't won worlds to join a team that has won worlds and has a very good chance of winning worlds again. And usually at the beginning of the season or in the case of injury, and even that is unusual. As we've seen, they pulled people from other teams (Jenees replacement) or people come out of retirement (Kassidy). Since no one was kicked off a team to make room for someone else, I have nothing against it. Just strange.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

But in elite gymnastics that's for the chance to go to the Olympics, earn a full scholarship to college, or signing with an agent and getting endorsements and sponsorships. Cheer doesn't really have those opportunities.

And maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I don't think school should be a "barrier" to cheer. At the end of the day, it's just cheerleading and there aren't very many opportunities outside once you age out. I just don't think people should be uprooting their lives/disrupting their education for cheer. Just my opinion though.

^^^^Trust me, I'm a parent myself (and teacher!), so I tend to agree with what you guys are saying, but I was just offering up some of the reasons I've heard people give for moving their children.

Ex: I've heard other moms say "Cheer is not forever so we have to take the opportunity now, since we can do school anywhere." in regards to moving gyms (like one state over, not cross-country, but a big step.)

Not saying I agree, but it happens.

Why does everyone automatically assume that 'she moved for cheer' . I do not know her personally but I highly doubt her family would move her in the middle/end of the season just because that is what she wanted. I personally feel like her whole family was relocated due to a job, imagine that, not cheer! Everything does not revolve around cheer!!

Ex: I've heard other moms say "Cheer is not forever s.

a phrase I heard multiple times in making my college decision..."cheer is not forever, now you want to go to ____ school with a chance to win college nationals, but it wont matter later in life when you have debt from going to there blah blah" We all hear it all the time but I don't think anyone in the sport ever wants to think about life after cheer

Why does everyone automatically assume that 'she moved for cheer' . I do not know her personally but I highly doubt her family would move her in the middle/end of the season just because that is what she wanted. I personally feel like her whole family was relocated due to a job, imagine that, not cheer! Everything does not revolve around cheer!!

I agree with this, from what I have watched through the Cheerleaders show, she seemed ver dedicated to her team. I'm assuming it was a family decision to move, maybe a job or something? I don't think it was just for cheerleading purposes.

She didn't move for cheerleading...her parents moved so she had to move with them.

Why didn't they just say so from the start? Would have cut down on the speculation and rumors of issues at Cali. Wouldn't even need to say to where which they obviously didn't want to let known anyway.

Throat punch - funniest line ever

Twitter is still exploding...I have to say though, I'm obviously following the right people. I only see the whining and some less than nice tweets through text message.

Regardless of the whys, I wish all involved nothing but the best. I can't imagine any of the decisions that have been made were easy.

I usually don't comment on this stuff but if her parents were just moving why was the whole ambiguous announcement posted on her twitter? As opposed to, "I'm moving so therefore I can no longer cheer at Cali". I mean it could still be the case but why didn't she just say she was moving it really doesn't seem like a big deal to me

I usually don't comment on this stuff but if her parents were just moving why was the whole ambiguous announcement posted on her twitter? As opposed to, "I'm moving so therefore I can no longer cheer at Cali". I mean it could still be the case but why didn't she just say she was moving it really doesn't seem like a big deal to me

This and the coincidence of a flyer on SE quitting yesterday

Talk about stars aligning.

a phrase I heard multiple times in making my college decision..."cheer is not forever, now you want to go to ____ school with a chance to win college nationals, but it wont matter later in life when you have debt from going to there blah blah" We all hear it all the time but I don't think anyone in the sport ever wants to think about life after cheer
What is this you speak of? Life after cheer... No such thing!

Back