All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. Any one who is on ALDC is on ALDC. Lifetime cannot kick them off the team because they cannot attend a certain competition. If they do, it was because of Abby's decision. Not LifeTime. life is not in control who's allowed at the studio and who isn't. The only reason why Kelly, Brooke, and Paige left is because of the assault and harassment they were constantly put through. Had nothing to do with life time's contract. That's another reason why she went to court. So LifeTime couldn't sue her for everything she owned for leaving before the contract was up.

Christi never signed the studio contract for the next season for Chloe. But her contract for LifeTime wasn't over so she still had to be on the show. If that's what you mean.
Not even close to what she meant/asked. She asked about the dance governing body membership of ALDC not about the dancers contracts with Lifetime.

**hoping to earn my GED someday. #20yearplan**

But isn't this against "codes" bullying and Harassment and such? Can't USASF punish them some how if this issue is actually reported?

I think you missed my point... My point was that USASF clearly has "more important" agendas to fulfill than protecting athletes. I am sure USASF has people look through what is happening on the board. They know what's going on. They just choose to ignore it and dabble with less important issues that don't help a lot of people.

food for thought: didn't ALDC lose their membership within the dance governing body therefor not allowing them to compete at sanctioned competitions due to the way dance is portrayed on Dance Moms?
Well, to correctly answer your question, they may get fines and banned from certain competitions. Some type of consequences does take place. Unlike here, anything flies. Which I think is wrong. This situation should be handled by the USASF committee its self.

I don't think what you said had anything to do with what you quoted. Interesting, but not really on track with what @quitthedrama was going for.
You are correct. It really was just food for thought. I know you don't see high profile figure skating or gymnastics coaches (and other sports) going off on social media or in interviews if their athletes choose to train elsewhere, and I am pretty sure their governing organizations address that type of behavior. I thought that I had heard ALDC's membership to something was revoked due to the way the show portrayed dance but I don't know enough about it to state any facts.
I was just asking if that's what she meant.
I really am trying hard to keep to my New Years resolution.... I definitely didn't see any "?" as any part of your response. At any rate, I posted what I meant above.

I don't thinks so. I know they were banned from Starquest, which is a pretty large competition, for not portraying the competition correctly on tv.
As far as a huge governing body of dance goes, most studios do not subscribe to one. And I don't believe there is actually an official governing body for dance (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Abby is credited with Dance Masters of America and she claims on her website that she still is... In many states like PA though you don't even need a license to teach dance.
There is a Dance "government" type think I will try and find the link so you can take a look :)

I think you missed my point... My point was that USASF clearly has "more important" agendas to fulfill than protecting athletes. I am sure USASF has people look through what is happening on the board. They know what's going on. They just choose to ignore it and dabble with less important issues that don't help a lot of people.
All I'm saying is that this is still a pretty big issue. I've read the emails and a lot of them were threats made by the coaches. I don't think this is something to ignore :(

You are correct. It really was just food for thought. I know you don't see high profile figure skating or gymnastics coaches (and other sports) going off on social media or in interviews if their athletes choose to train elsewhere, and I am pretty sure their governing organizations address that type of behavior. I thought that I had heard ALDC's membership to something was revoked due to the way the show portrayed dance but I don't know enough about it to state any facts.

I really am trying hard to keep to my New Years resolution.... I definitely didn't see any "?" as any part of your response. At any rate, I posted what I meant above.
sigh.

I stated "if that's what you meant" really meaning is that what you meant. Sorry if it bothered you that bad. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really a big issue though? Yeah the e-mails sent weren't the kindest, but I don't think this situation grants anyone to be banned or fined.
I disagree. Even though I mentioned it, its not entirely about the emails. This boy is getting bullied, harassed by the coaches alone. I've personally spoke with the father and the situation isn't pretty at all...... I just think it should at least be addresses as a warning if nothing more. I really think they should be held accountable for their actions.

I have kept out of this with care. I am staying neutral in this but I used to be a HUGE smoed fan since before cheerleaders. They were one of the first teams i saw when watching cheer on youtube. but i am losing faith in them. but not taking any side here. Hoping for Dylan to have a great season and hopeful that smoed takes this good and does as good as I know they can. But honestly i hope someone else can take the rings this year. I think smoed might need it.

Is this really a big issue though? Yeah the e-mails sent weren't the kindest, but I don't think this situation grants anyone to be banned or fined.
I kind of feel like this is why bullying is such a big issue. ITs always ignored. The emails were obviously threatening, threats should never be okay, the boy got and is still getting harassed. You can never please everyone yes I Know, and everyone is going to have their thoughts and opinions, But there has to be a stopping point. If USASF doesn't at least addresses this, its just going to continue to get worse and give the coaches the "okay" to keep being aggressive with this situation. Again, I feel that this is important enough for this to be address by the governing body. If they let this pass, its giving them the okay to continue with the bullying and harassment.

Thank you

Sorry, I read it as they were asking about after he moved from Cali to NC. My humblest apologies.

I'm confused. My post wasn't directed at you in any way...? It was a general statement about some people on the board that are probably 14 years old trying to engage themselves in this thread.

I kind of feel like this is why bullying is such a big issue. ITs always ignored. The emails were obviously threatening, threats should never be okay, the boy got and is still getting harassed. You can never please everyone yes I Know, and everyone is going to have their thoughts and opinions, But there has to be a stopping point. If USASF doesn't at least addresses this, its just going to continue to get worse and give the coaches the "okay" to keep being aggressive with this situation. Again, I feel that this is important enough for this to be address by the governing body. If they let this pass, its giving them the okay to continue with the bullying and harassment.
I think everyone agrees with you that this is important and should be addressed by USASF. But what you seem to be missing or not understanding is that these same people on FB are saying it probably isn't going to happen. No one is saying it's not a big deal or a problem. If it wasn't there wouldn't be pages and pages of said problem.

I'm confused. My post wasn't directed at you in any way...? It was a general statement about some people on the board that are probably 14 years old trying to engage themselves in this thread.
I don't think it really matters how old you are. This is a show as long as you know what you're talking about, or voice an acceptable opinion, you should be able to participate :)

Wasn't sure so thought I'd interject some humor. Thanks.

I think everyone agrees with you that this is important and should be addressed by USASF. But what you seem to be missing or not understanding is that these same people on FB are saying it probably isn't going to happen. No one is saying it's not a big deal or a problem. If it wasn't there wouldn't be pages and pages of said problem.
I know that's not what people are saying :) I'm just trying to address why it should be taken seriously by the USASF. I don't think it should be ignored because there are bigger problems :(

Back