All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally get it. Ive been known to consistently ride a teacher with written communication that looks very much like what I'm seeing here. There's just no excuse for that, as a teacher it sends the wrong message to your families about your competence whether that's a valid message or not. Perception is reality. Fair or unfair it's just truth.

I completely agree with you, and I even found about four errors in your post. Writing well is not always a piece of cake ;)

I completely agree with you, and I even found about four errors in your post. Writing well is not always a piece of cake ;)
I never said it was. I'm also talking about written communication from a teacher to a parent audience in a school setting; not posts on a message board. Just referenced those here as an example of the type of grammar a teacher was sending home that sent the wrong message to their constituents.

There's a pretty big difference between forgetting a comma and what we're talking about. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about consistent, difficult-to-even-understand bad grammar. The kind I have to pause and reread to even figure out what it's supposed to say.

Teachers who say things like "could of" instead of "could have" annoy me. Sorry, but that's just something someone with a masters degree in education should know. Or saying things like "100 of kids" - what? How do you not know that it's just "100 kids?"

Verb agreement, sentence structure, etc. actually do matter when making a point.

And yes, point blank: if your grammar in your post, even on social media, is atrocious (not just a simple mistake here and there, but actually a grammatical nightmare to get through), I will never be able to see your point.... Because I will automatically assume you are not very intelligent.

(edited to fix my grammar!)

Last edited:
Excuse me! Maybe I am confuse again:confused:... I thought the topic of this thread was Cheerleading Season 3 and not an English lesson on grammar and attempts to put people down and questioning others intelligence based on posts...This behavior by people doing this speaks volume on you.... To be honest, what I have noticed about the grammar finger wagging, It usually occurs when a person cannot defend their point in a discussion, so they are deflecting the discussion on something that is so insignificant as grammar.:rolleyes: The people who are on here putting people down for grammar, stop trying to be Elitist and condescending, it definitely does not speak well of you and it definitely shuts down the flow of discussion and prevents people from expressing their feelings...Which by the way, that is the reason why we write on this message board and not to have our post graded...:eek:

Serious note: The people who are so put off by grammar mistakes - Let's practice what most of us were taught, keep your thoughts to yourself and not read those post that puts you off so much...

PS: I am willing to have people hate this post and give me dislike, but this behavior needs to stop, because it is very destructive and denigrating to those who enjoy writing to Fierceboard...:(

Last edited:
Excuse me! Maybe I am confuse again:confused:... I thought the topic of this thread was Cheerleading Season 3 and not an English lesson on grammar and attempts to put people down and questioning others intelligence based on posts...This behavior by people doing this speaks volume on you.... To be honest, what I have noticed about the grammar finger wagging, It usually occurs when a person cannot defend their point in a discussion, so they are deflecting the discussion on something that is so insignificant as grammar.:rolleyes: The people who are on here putting people down for grammar, stop trying to be Elitist and condescending, it definitely does not speak well of you and it defintely shuts down the flow of discussion and prevents people from expressing their feelings...Which by the way, that is the reason why we write on this message board, not to have our post graded...:eek:

Serious note: The people who are so put off by grammar mistakes - Let's practice what most of us were taught, keep your thoughts to yourself and not read those post that put you off so much...

PS: I am willing to have people hate this post and give me dislike, but this behavior needs to stop, because it is very destructive and denigrating to those who enjoy writing to Fierceboard...:(

Amen :) As an educator, I do not want my grammar being criticized on this board. I come on her to de-stress and speak with people who love something I love; if I wanted a grammar lesson (which, my grammar is fine in person btw) I would go back to school....

Amen :) As an educator, I do not want my grammar being criticized on this board. I come on her to de-stress and speak with people who love something I love; if I wanted a grammar lesson (which, my grammar is fine in person btw) I would go back to school....
I totally understand that. Nobody's grammar is perfect, but there is a big difference between making a couple mistakes here and there and multiple posts being somewhat unreadable because of the amount of mistakes in them. It makes it hard to understand someone's point of view on here when you don't always understand what they're trying to say.

do public schools even teach grammar anymore? i went to a catholic k-8th school and was taught english grammar 3rd-8th grade. I grew to know the hell that was dissecting sentences into its grammatical parts starting in 6th grade. this has never seemed to have been the case for friends that went to a public school.
I was taught grammar, but we never diagramed sentences, or at least we didn't call it that.

I think that can definitely be true, but that's also a two way street. (Not speaking about this situation since I don't know the people involved, just as a jumping off point) I've also seen where the athlete wants to return but for whatever reason on the part of the gym, they don't allow it...regardless of talent. The situations I am aware of generally get to issues between the parents and the gym owners or social media blasting or some defamation (real or implied) that happened when they parted ways. In the situations I know, the athlete always loses in that regard because the adults weren't...well, adult...about it in one manner or another.

That's why I'm a big believer in never burning bridges since none of us have a degree in reading crystal balls.

YES to this. I had mentioned earlier in this thread that this is exactly why I wish they would not have edited her kind of "dogging TG" into one of her first interviews.

You just never know!

I totally understand that. Nobody's grammar is perfect, but there is a big difference between making a couple mistakes here and there and multiple posts being somewhat unreadable because of the amount of mistakes in them. It makes it hard to understand someone's point of view on here when you don't always understand what they're trying to say.
That is what proof reading is for. I admit I am terrible at grammar and remember nothing of the rules from school, and as a result I usually proofread what I'm typing to make sure what I'm saying makes sense.

Back