All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate the recruiting they do, but it's even worse IMO now because it's after choreo for most people. I guess I just don't understand why they have to have a full team of 20? At any other gym if you only have 16-19 kids, you either pull some crossovers up or just compete with a smaller number. If Eddie and Orby are such fantastic coaches, why can't they try to win with less than 20? Wouldn't having a smaller team with stronger athletes make it easier for them to max out based on ratios?
This. My thoughts exactly!

I'm not saying it's right or wrong because I don't really have an opinion on the subject, but if they pulled from Snipers wouldn't that make Snipers short an athlete? Then they would be in the same situation, just with a different level
Not if they crossover

I've seen Rays advertise on tryouts as 'Come to Rays for tryouts.' Not addressing a specific team. I know BlueCat has mentioned that there is an occasion where a team might not be completely full, but that shrinks less and less as the season goes on. I also don't see them advertise looking for athletes for a specific team.
It happens.
4sfedz.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought after watching the video that Jessica got cut off of Smoed because they had too many backspots and her tumbling was not clean enough for Eddie and Orby... Whaaaat? Is she back on the team?

I thought I saw Angel Rice and the girl with bright burgundy hair from CEA working out on the team...Yah or Nah?

Correction: I made a mistake and said Jessica under-rotated full:oops:, I meant to say under-rotated double fulls (1.75 fulls)-She just not getting those double fulls all of the way round.

Last edited:
I thought after watching the video that Jessica got cut off of Smoed because they had too many backspots and her tumbling was not clean enough for Eddie and Orby... Whaaaat? Is she back on the team?

I thought I saw Angel Rice and the girl with bright burgundy hair from CEA working out on the team...Yah or Nay?

Correction: I made a mistake and said Jessica under-rotated full:oops:, I meant to say under-rotated double fulls (1.75 fulls)-She just not getting those double fulls all of the way round.
Yes to both those athletes.

To be honest, I'm out of the Smoed loop because they practice on opposite days from my daughter. I'm blissfully unaware of any personnel happenings with the team. :)
Well I'll take it from my own mind, she was definitely there because she did a standing full onto a stacked panel Mat & landed on her face.

Her profile says Cali All-Stars 2013-2015 so she's definitely been on a team in the past---pictures of her in a CA uniform from last season, but can't tell which CA uniform. Her online profiles seem to allude to her being on SMOED, but as a mom who is seriously tumbling stupid because I've never done it---even I could see that her tumbling wasn't where the other kids were and I don't even know what it's called that they're doing.

However, since I just watched the two episodes back to back my simple thoughts are this...Abby Miller meet Eddy and Orby. Not that they shouldn't be excited to be coaches and not that they shouldn't proud of their 3 titles, but within the first minute of the first video I was sighing because it reminded me in the shift of personality in Dance Moms from 'Ohhh maybe we'll make a reality show out of this," to "I'm Abby Lee Miller and I am God." I 100% believe they are sweet guys who want the best for their kids, but I also 100% believe this season will be edited differently with more scripted scenes than we've ever seen before and unless I'm bored with nothing else to do, I probably won't be watching.

When I found Season 1 it was cool to watch, Season 2 was interesting because of some of the returners; like MichaelEddie, but Season 3 had already disappointed me and it's only episode 2.

As far as their recruiting goes, I can see the merit in it because obviously, they win; I'm just not sure what is going happen to that team, when they actually lose. Yes, everyone wants to be on SMOED because they're an elite team with a great reputation and they've won World's 3 times in a row, but what if they don't with 4 in a row? Or, what if they do, but the 5th is their fall from the reign? Will they still be that hot team that doesn't really need the athletes from their own gym? Probably not. And then what? It'll be after that happens, that those coaches will know whether or not they've gone in the right direction---until then, they'll continue to sit pretty as everyone begs to be considered.

Back