All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It frustrates me that Eddie and/or Orby even have to mention that Angel was the *BEST* (which is a ridiculous word, because YES her skills are incredible, but ... come on...we know she's not the only champ they've produced) at her gym, and that she can't handle it. When Gabi moved, she also had some digs about her past gym in one of the first interviews ...and I think they should leave that stuff out.

As people have said - you can be super in shape, but if you switch up what you do routine wise...of course it's going to be a challenge.

And whatever conditioning they're doing at Angel, Marci and Gabi's former gyms is clearly working for them, too (hello worlds titles and/or always being in the top).....shows that Eddie and Orby's mega conditioning is just a fraction of what they really do, but the show always puts so much emphasis on it.

I sincerely hope they don't edit this show to make it look like Smoed is completely responsible for the development and success of these new athletes. It's evident their previous training was just fine (even if they weren't winning worlds back to back every single year like smoed) .. and I think focus should be turned to how they can improve off the already incredible foundation set in place.
I don't think they were meaning "best" world champ wise, I think they were meaning skills. She can out-tumble pretty much anyone & she's an extremely strong base.

That is crazy tumbling; especially without a mat. I didn't recognize the dialect though so no clue where it's from.

That was awesome! Now I'm intrigued and must know where those fellas are from. When I click at the end of the clip where it says "go to video" nothing happens. How did you come across this?

according to the facebook pages of the guys in the video, Conakry, Guinea

That is crazy tumbling; especially without a mat. I didn't recognize the dialect though so no clue where it's from.

according to wiki, Susu is the language of the Conakry area of Guinea.

I don't think they were meaning "best" world champ wise, I think they were meaning skills. She can out-tumble pretty much anyone & she's an extremely strong base.

They said "she was the best at her former gym" - which I said yes, her skills are incredible .. But she's clearly not the only talented individual from Rays so that's why I never like hearing the word "best". Plenty of others excel in jumps, stunting etc.

To me, mentioning her previous gym and then saying "she was the best at her former gym but can't handle/is struggling with our conditioning" (paraphrased) is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said "she was the best at her former gym" - which I said yes, her skills are incredible .. But she's clearly not the only talented individual from Rays so that's why I never like hearing the word "best". Plenty of others excel in jumps, stunting etc.

To me, mentioning her previous gym and then saying "she was the best at her former gym but can't handle/is struggling with our conditioning" (paraphrased) is unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to make rays look bad.
And no one said she was the only talented one there. But personally when I heard "Stingrays" in the past, the first two names that I thought of were Angel Rice & Mackenzie Rutan. So for me it's not that big of a deal to say 'best'

I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to make rays look bad.
And no one said she was the only talented one there. But personally when I heard "Stingrays" in the past, the first two names that I thought of were Angel Rice & Mackenzie Rutan. So for me it's not that big of a deal to say 'best'

Oh I definitely agree that there was no ill intent - it's a matter of editing and how one can perceive it and I see how easily those things can get twisted out of context .. So might as well avoid it all together. Just my opinion though and I respect yours!! :)

There are many cheerleaders who will do whatever it takes to be on the team they want to be on just to get fame. I can on forever about how many people only do cheer for fame and popularity and end up quitting or being lazy in the sport.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I believe the question is asking for a specific answer. Everyone keeps saying "a lot of cheerleaders would" or "many people would try just for the fame" but unless you can give us specific examples this argument is pretty weak.

I'm not just directing the question to her, but to all..... why SMOED over other "winning" teams? What's the appeal? Especially if you know how brutal practices are and how easy it is to be cut. I kinda wish Awesomeness TV would ask questions like these, I would like to know what drives their desire to want to be on SMOED.

I suppose I want to know more than I should, it's probably unhealthy but I can't help myself.
Personally the brutality of the practices would be what really draws me to the team. The harder a team conditions the more I associate that with commitment. Nothing irritates me more than being on a team without all athletes committed 100% to the goal, whether that goal is winning or simply getting a bid.

ETA: sorry for the double post. Just getting around to reading this thread.

Last edited:
Back